Mess Hall / Commissary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by max_omega
    "Of course there is more I am just getting started." John siad taking a bite of food a drink of coffee before continuning,

“Well anyway I was about 20 when I began my training to be a sniper; my CO at the time was Lt. Commander TJ Gibbs. He was a seasoned officer and was brought back to train a new group of recruits. We trained for 9 months under all kinds of extreme conditions. Than in 1995 were we assigned on a secret mission, there were 6 of us in my team, I was in command of it.” John took a pause to eat some more.

“We launched out of a C-130 Hercules using parachutes to drop to our desired location in an undisclosed location, in the near east often referred to as the Middle East. We all landed fine, the real fun started when our position was compromised by a leak with in our intelligence agency. Luckily we were able to make it to the safe house where we would rest for 8 hours than head out under the cover of night fall. We arrived in a near by city masking our appearance before splitting up into three teams of two. We each had a target to hit, mostly know terrorist. The two other teams got there targets no problem, there was a slight problem with mine though, I couldn’t get a clear shot there were to many civilians around him.” John said, than pausing for it to all sink in, and let her respond.
    "Why do I have the feeling that things didn't go well for you in this mission? I hope to be wrong..." Natasha said calmly, eating a little more of her food and drinking a little more of her juice. "Please continue, Bullet."
    Awesome sig made by *E*K*R*. Thanks!!!!!

Comment

"To finish the story, well almost." John said.

“We were sitting ducks for about twenty minutes while I realigned my shot angle, me team mate was keeping watch, we were already in radio silence, but that did not stop them from over taking us. My target was the main one we were after it was suppose to be easy, but the leak came from our own intelligence source. Right after I took the shot that killed him, I head a gun from behind me. We were caught, I thought for sure we were dead, but my buddy was acting like he was knocked out and distracted the guy long enough for me to get the gun. But not before I got shot in my shoulder. When I finally got the gun away from him it was to late, my buddy was knocked out cold for real this time.”

“We only had three hours to get to the extraction point and there was no way they could organize another in time, and I had no way of contacting the other teams they were already on there way out of the city. It would have been foolish of them to come back in and try to help me out; I was completely on my own. I managed to get a mode of transportation, but in only got us half way to the extraction point and we only ¾ of the way there and had about thirty minutes to get the rest of the way. So I did what I had to do I carried my buddy out of there. The thought of leaving one of my men behind never entered my mind. We did make it in time, actually just barely. Right as the Hercules was about to take off they spotted us and we made it aboard.”

“No one noticed my bleeding shoulder until we arrived at our out post in Egypt, which is where we met up with our CO, he look at the six of us, and just smiled. By the time we arrived my buddy, Alan, was awake with a rather large headache but fine. When my CO looked at me he said, “Well you all made it out alive, congrats. You have successfully completed your final.” I don’t remember what he has said after that I ended up passing out, but here is what Alan told me “Some body get a medic over here, we have wounded.” The CO yelled, “I said get some medics. He than put his hand on my shoulder and said, “Don’t worry well get that Bullet out.”

“Although in my state of confusion I thought he had said, “Don’t worry Bullet.”

“They surgery took about two hours, thank fully it just barely missed my heart, although the bullet ended up shattering and I still have a small fragment still in my upper shoulder. What I do remember is my CO coming to see me after the surgery, I was a wake when he walked in he sat down and said, ‘Your team was the only team to completely survive, although one causality is acceptable in this training scenario it is not really in the real world. I am impressed by you and your decision not to leave behind one of your men. Now there is one thing you still have a bullet fragment in your shoulder the doctors couldn’t remove it.’ I asked, “Sir did you call me Bullet when we were out there?”
      “Actually no, but I think it fits, Bullet.” He said. “Let me also tell you something, some times it’s not just the team that makes it back alive and completes there mission it is the team leader that refuses to leave a man down even if it means risking his own life. You did that, you may not have had to but you did anyways. That is something that counts in my book. If you think you are well enough we are having a ceremony in three hours, I am requesting that you be in attendance.”
      “Yes Sir I will be ready.”

(Still have to finish the last little bit.)
      sigpic
      Sig made by NAD - THANK YOU SO MUCH

August 27, 2011 official Teslen ship day....mark your calenders.

Comment

((OOC - Ok. Do I wait for the rest or I can post something, max?))

Comment

(I was breaking so you can post before I put the last bit in. So go ahead and post.)
          sigpic

Comment

Natasha was hearing John with attention while he told her his story, when he stoped she said. "Well, so I guess we have something in common, Bullet". Then in a snarky way. "And no, I don't mean a bullet on the shoulder or the sniper background, but the leave no one behind part." Then in a more serious tone. "I can say I've desobeyed many orders in order to save people's lives which was always more important to me than follow the protocol. I guess that's why I've been wondering around the galaxy after the destruction of Earth. It gave me freedom to do as I felt I had to, helping where I could or was asked to or thought was needed. It saved a lot of people that would've certainly died otherwise. It's really good to know that I'm gonna have someone that understands that in the same team I'm in now. Well, if you get assigned to SG-8, of course."

Comment

John look over at the captain then said, "There is just one more thing." (Pause for dramatic effect.)

“Alright I will leave you to get ready than.” He said than left.
              During the next hour I got ready in dress uniform, and went to the ceremony. At the Ceremony I was giving a full rank of 2nd Lieutenant. After ward he came up to see me and congrangulate me personnall, he recommended me for the promotion. During the rest of the evening I met so many people, and every time he introduced me he called me LT. John ‘Bullet’ Ezekiel, and told them to call me ‘Bullet.’ From then on it just stuck with me. It became my call sign.” John smiled after saying the last little bit. He took a drink and eat some more. He look over at her and asked, "You want to see the scare?"
              sigpic

Comment

((OOC - Looks like John is flirting with Natasha. Wanna see my scar? LOL...))

She glanced at him with an umperceptible smile on her face and saying politely. "Perhaps another time, Bullet. That was a very interesting story really. I don't think I have anything that cool to tell about me."

Comment

(He likes to show off, some times a little to much. It is also a kind of defense mechanics that started after the destruction of earth.))

John finsihed his food and said, "So you mentioned you have been to many different worlds, what has been your favorite?"
                  sigpic

Comment

(He likes to show off, some times a little to much. It is also a kind of defense mechanics that started after the destruction of earth.))

John finsihed his food and said, "So you mentioned you have been to many different worlds, what has been your favorite?"
                    "I think I have to say Dakkara really. It's not for its beauty, yeah, but it was were I did my most significant job to date. For the beauty, I guess I would pick PS4-387, it had the most awesome natural landscapes I've ever seen, waterfalls, mountains and forests. All untouched by men and, most importantly, Goa'uld." Natasha said after finishing her meal and begining to drink her tea.

Comment

"Nice, I have only been to handful of planets, I spent the longest time on P9X-427, I spent about five weeks there. Under cover for the Tok'ra. It was not particually pleasant, at the time it was controlled by Baal, and he made an unexpected visit. The other planet well moon actually was MJ1-985, it was pretty nice. Not much to it though." John finished his coffee and just leaned back in his chair.
                      sigpic

Comment

"Nice, I have only been to handful of planets, I spent the longest time on P9X-427, I spent about five weeks there. Under cover for the Tok'ra. It was not particually pleasant, at the time it was controlled by Baal, and he made an unexpected visit. The other planet well moon actually was MJ1-985, it was pretty nice. Not much to it though." John finished his coffee and just leaned back in his chair.
                        Natasha finished her tea while listening to John. "So you also have a history with Ba'al. Don't even get me started. I spent one week undercover on one of his outposts to pull off a rescue. Well, not my best moment so far with the SGC. The mission was a success, I got everybody out, no wounded, so no interesting story really, but I have to remember myself that pretending to be a Lotar to get info is not a good idea." She says and then laughs.
                        Last edited by Atlantean_Fan; 04 May 2006, 07:56 PM.

Comment

((If you want the full stroy it is in the lounge thread.))

"Baal, got on my nerves to bad while I was stuck there, my CO almost killed him, but was stopped by a Tok'ra operative. Our mission was a sucess, well mostly. We managed to get out of there alive with the information, except I was wounded pretty badly and one of the Tok'ra host was killed, but my CO became its new host. So he is currently staying with them. Any way let's not talk about Baal anymore." John paused than said, "Being in close contact with any goa'uld is never my idea of a good time."

((I have to go, got to study for a final I have in the morning, be back tomorrow.))
                          Last edited by max_omega; 04 May 2006, 08:02 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

((If you want the full stroy it is in the lounge thread.))

"Baal, got on my nerves to bad while I was stuck there, my CO almost killed him, but was stopped by a Tok'ra operative. Our mission was a sucess, well mostly. We managed to get out of there alive with the information, except I was wounded pretty badly and one of the Tok'ra host was killed, but my CO became its new host. So he is currently staying with them. Any way let's not talk about Baal anymore." John paused than said, "Being in close contact with any goa'uld is never my idea of a good time."

((I have to go, got to study for a final I have in the morning, be back tomorrow.))
                            Natasha sensed his irritation and decided to finish the topic as asked. "Sure, I completely agree with that. It'd be good if one day they just cease to exist." She said in a sort of bitter tone.

((I read your post in the lounge thread already. I hope you go well in your final. See you tomorrow.))

Comment

<<From Gen. Blue's Office>>

Jason entered the Mess Hall after being unable to talk to the General. He headed to the meal line and grabbed a chunk of roasted Nix. He sat down at a corner table and began to attack his meal.

Not bad, maybe a little tough. But the taste is pretty good, he thought while eating the Nix.
                              Support Gateworld Roleplay

Captain Jacen Richards SG7

Comment

John looked at his watched than said, "I had a very nice chat and the food wasn't to bad either, but I still need to finish getting my room together. Than find out what SG team I will be assigned to, I hope it is SG8. Captain have a nice day." With that last statement her got up but did not make his way for the door, giving her a chance to respond.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X