No announcement yet.

Mess Hall / Commissary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"As far as I could tell, Jim was mad, then they broke up, then Jim broke down, then everyone gave them some privacy. So either they got back together or they just decided to cry with each other instead of going the whole rebound route." He swung his empty spoon at the rebound part. "Was it just me or did "sparks" look like his dog got hit by a bus?"

Comment

Rowena smiled and bit her lip. "Well, from where I was sitting, it looked like Howard was gonna do us all a favour and drown herself," she said conspiratorily. "She fell on her arse, yelled a bit, he kissed her. Kissed her? Did I say that? Ate her alive more like. Actually... never thought I'd hear myself saying this... but... it was actually quite...hot."

Rowena shook her head before continuing.

"Anyway, then she pulled away, saying that she couldn't cope with the drama, he ended it because of Blue and she turned over, face down in the water," she said. "Then he had a change of heart and the got back together. I bet you twenty dollars they're gonna have the best make-up s-"

Rowena was interrupted by a passing Airmen, one of the girls from her dorm, who slapped her on the back, a little too hard to be friendly. She glowered as the airman passed.
      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

'Why am I getting the distinct impression that this is, *girl talk*? Wait is she flirting with me?' He unconsciously smiled. 'Yep definitely flirting.' Richard listened intently to scowed at the intruding airman. "Those airman really know how to get on ones nerves huh? Must be all the menial labor." He burned the airman's name tag into his head. 'Note to self, find something particularly horrible to make Lisa Connors do later.' "What are your impressions of the new guy, Larry?" He asked, mostly to get her mind off the annoyance.

Comment

Rowena noticed the 'subtle' checking of the name tags. Was he going to find something particularly nasty for her, or was he just in the habit of chatting up every female on base?

"Larry?" she asked. "Is that the guy who looked like his heart had been ripped out, tossed around on the football pitch, dissected in a high school biology class, then sewn back in by a five year old?"

Rowena raised her eyebrows briefly.

"Well... I've never really spoken to the guy, so I don't know," she answered calmly. "But it looks like things could get messy on SG7 now that Howard has two men after her."

Comment

"From what I gathered in the lounge, he seems like a reasonable guy, I doubt he'll pursue a relationship. She was on the reb... wrong word, she was vulnerable, and he tried to comfort her." He took a long draw from his cup.

"He'll move on, find someone he can be happy with. To be honest I was wondering why you never made any comment out there. Don't tell me the major broke your spirit." He added with a wink.

He noticed a few people around them had stopped talking 'Eavesdropping, how very mature.' He sighed and took another swig of his drink before focusing on the woman in front of him.

Comment

Rowena shifted uncomfortably in her seat and hurriedly took a few more mouthfuls of her soup and sandwich.

"I'd rather not talk about it, Sir," she said uncomfortably, thinking back to the conversation the two women had had about the Lieutenant. She had opened herself up too much, let her front slip.

Rowena stood up stiffly and carried her tray up to the collection point. She turned round to Dobson and saluted before marching out of the commissary.

>>>to Quarters

Comment

'What was that about?' Richard wondered as he took another bite of his sandwich. He shook his head and went back to eating his technecolor soup.

Comment

Larry strode into the mess hall, glancing up at the ceiling as he came in. Trudging to the line, he saw Airman Lindbergh smile knowingly and nod before disappearing into the kitchen. As he got to the front, he looked down at the food... nothing too terribly appetizing, but it was probably him more than the base food. Lindebergh returned with an oversized mug. "Here you go Captain. New blend today, White Chocolate Caramel." He grinned as he placed it on Larry's tray.

"Thank you Airman. It's very much appreciated. What's good today?" Larry asked.

Lindbergh responded "It's military food, what do you think?" He laughed. "Seriously though, as long as you avoid the mystery soup, chocolate pudding, and the brown gravy, you'll be fine"

That elicited a chuckle from Larry. "Thanks again, Lindbergh" A cook brought out a fresh tray of ham and cheese croissants. He grabbed two of them and a small helping of home fries. After pouring on enough salt to raise the ire of any medical officer, he took a seat at the corner table, his back to the wall so he could survey the activity in the mess hall as he ate (and to prevent anyone from sneaking up on him, he was a bit jumpy for some reason, probably due to the flashbacks he'd just recently started having).

Thanks to ShelBel for the sigpics! SUPPORT GATEWORLD ROLEPLAY

Comment

Richard finished his meal and got up to put away his tray when he spotted Larry sitting down at the corner table. 'He looks a little uneasy.' Richard walked over to the older man and spoke. "Mind if I sit down sir?"

Comment

Larry glanced up at Rich and smiled. "Sure, it's always good to have company." After taking another swig of his coffee, and silently thanking Airman Lindbergh for the extra strength brew, he cleared his throat and said "I think I have an idea about what you wanted to talk to me about in the lounge, Rich." *chuckles*

"To think I thought the only fireworks I'd be involved with would be charges I planted.... I honestly just wanted to make sure Kate was all right, since she kind of just lost it before she took off. I... haven't had many friends since the SEAL's, but I've always made it a point to try to take care of the ones I do have, no matter the cost to me. Now I've got a CO who's probably more than a little ticked at me, everyone who was in the lounge thinking I'm a bit crazy, no idea what Kate thinks, and you, most rightfully of the bunch, probably think I'm rash and hyperactive. Feel free to call a spade a spade, and rip me if you think it's necessary... and don't worry about the rank, please speak freely."

He smiled again and took a bite of his last ham and cheese croissant and gazed at Rich, trying to read his facial expression while awaiting his response 'Rich... just lay the truth on me. I realize you tried to have my back, and I just ignored it. I should probably tell you to deck me next time I'm about to do something pretty stupid'

Comment

"You couldn't of known Kate and Jim were...involved. I should have shown a little more concern but, after awhile you just become immune to all the drama. I could have made things a little clearer in the lounge. I'm sorry." Richard finished the strange colored juice and returned his gaze to the older man and awaited his response.

Comment

Larry nodded. "True enough I couldn't have known, but I still made a fool of myself. And it's not your fault. You tried to warn me, I chose to bolt. I guess it's because I haven't had many friends the last few years. A lot of people who knew me before I went to beta site liked me at first, but as soon as they heard about the... the SEAL's incident they'd spurn me, never asking for my side or for the truth for that matter. Even if I knew Kate was with Jim I'd have still been very concerned. I can't put into words how much her willingness to give me a clean slate meant.. still means to me. It was like this huge weight that's been dragging me down for years was finally lifted. I'd still do anything I can to help her. Or you. Or anyone else I consider a friend. I'd do pretty much anything for a friend. I just haven't had that many since the SEAL's. Everyone from before is... gone."

Larry took another lengthy sip from his coffee. "Rich, as far as the lounge goes, I totally understand how you can become immune to the drama. Plus, you knew a lot more about the situation than I did. For the record, if you see me about to do something really stupid in the future, deck me if you have to to make me listen" He grinned as he said that.

Comment

"Will do sir." He grinned. "For the record, you didn't hesitate, I guess I won't have to worry about you overanalizing things will I? Jim seems fine and Kate, well its kind of hard to tell with her, I wasn't around long enough to know what normal Kate is like."

He glanced at his watch. 'S****' "I have an appointment with Dr. Lancaster... now, i'm really sorry." Richard gave another apologetic look before sprinting out the door. <<To Dr. Lancaster>>

Comment

Jim, in his usual heavy military standard boots, stumped in, he looked around for a few seconds.

'My, it's busy today!' Jim thought to himself, he was quite astounded, it was like every SF on the base had decided to come in here, Jim couldn't immediately spot Larry, so he decided he'd go and grab something to eat, just while he was here.

He walked over to the serving que, fortunately everyone seemed to have been sitting down and eating.
                              Jim leaned over the counter, he couldn't see Henry, but he heard a loud "What do you mean the Flustuoudian soup's bad!? You mean we have to toss out that entire batch!? ARG!"

Henry suddenly came storming around the corner, anger ever present on his face, he glared at Jim and then closed his eyes for a moment, he opened them and had a smile on his face.

"What can I get you Colonel?"
                              Jim frowned at the rank.
                              "Henry, it's Jim, call me Jim."
                              Henry nodded, seeming to understand. "All right...Jim. What can I get you?"

Jim leaned over the counter a little more, he was on the ends of his toes, he peered over at a large bowl of...What was it?
                              "I'll have...Some of that, and some of that. And...Some of that, in a bowl please."

Henry seemed to have a disgusted look on his face, but shrugged and did as Jim had asked, he scoped it all into a bowl and Jim accepted it gratefully.
                              "Oh, and, you wouldn't happen to have the ingredients to make a cup of tea, would you now?"

Henry smiled again, he smiled. 'What is it with SG-7 and tea?' He wondered.
                              "Yes Jim, I’ve got some tea, here, just let me go make it." Henry walked off, and Jim tapped his foot.

He looked around a little, and, what had Jim had missed before, showed up this time.
                              Jim spotted Larry, he gripped his bowl of...Something, and looked towards where Henry would be coming from.
                              It was a good five minutes before Henry returned, holding a steaming hot cup of tea.

"Thanks Henry." Jim said, Jims' skills at holding cups of tea were legendary; he almost never spilt a drop.
                              He walked evenly paced over to the utensils and freed a spoon with his spare two fingers, and then trickily plopped it into his bowl of some strange concoction.

Jim slowly turned around and headed for Larry.
                              His even paced steps didn't echoe much, as the Mess hall was rather loud, but several tables seemed to finish up at once and leave.

The Mess was now quite more silent.

Jim walked over to Larry's table; he was alone for the moment.
                              "Excuse me, mind if I sit down?" Jim enquired, not wanting to make a worse second-impressing than possible; God knows he had screwed up the first.

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

Larry looked up his plate and saw Col. Anderson was the one asking to join him. 'This is a bit of a surprise, but I've got to meet him sooner or later. I just hope I didn't totally screw things up already'

He snapped a quick salute, then extended his right hand for a handshake. "Please, feel free sir." Larry smiled "I've been meaning to talk with you, but things were pretty crazy with the rush to get here from beta site to reinforce, and things here seem to be...uh.... just as crazy, if in a different way."

Comment

Working...
                                X