No announcement yet.

Mess Hall / Commissary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Nice," said Kate. "I rather wish I was on a diplomatic unit myself, but never mind." She poured herself a fresh cup of tea. "Beat up pretty bad, you say?"

Kate tried unsuccessfully to conceal her smile.

"I seem to remember a worried young captain confessing that she wasn't too hot with a healing device," she said with a grin. "This young lady looks fine to me."
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Jen looked down at the half-finished soup. "Well, Crescent's injuries were not really extensive, a couple of staff wounds. They looked worse than they were," she shook her head, "I couldn't do anything for Colonel Richardson, though." Jen swallowed another spoonful of soup.
      "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
      " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
      Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Look for a … New Adventure

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

That was it. Kate had had enough of playing by the rules here, Jen looked crestfallen and she was going over. She got out of her seat and moved round the table to reposition herself next to Stevens. She sat down and put her arm round her, pulling her into a hug.

"Even I would be hard pushed to do something there," she said gently, as she cradled the younger woman. "Sometimes the body just needs a little time to rest. It would be unwise to do anything drastic anyway."

Comment

"It wasn't the severity of the injuries. I can't activate Goa'uld technology on my team. I've tried. I can't get my mind to settle down and focus when it's them." Jen glanced at Ka'te fetching herself tea. With her smartmouth, Ka'te had aggravated the snake the most. And paid for it.
          "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
          " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
          Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

Kate nodded. "You have the thoughts and feelings of the Goa'uld. It's hard to focus on healing them when the Goa'uld part is desperate to maim and torture," she agreed. She leant her head against Jen's, then released her. "I would try, but, like I say, I'm not sure healing in this case is the best way forward. I would rather let his body have a chance at healing itself. It's dangerous for the base to get too reliant on technology like this. We still don't know the long term physiological and psychological effects."

Comment

Jen nodded. "That's completely true, it's better to allow the body to repair on its on. But I figured the team owed Crescent one."

She finished the last of her food. "I have to go. I'm going to make an appointment with Blue to get SG-5 back in the field. Give MacDoreign some chicken scratches to busy herself on, maybe natives to make nice with. Plus break Crescent into off-world travel. I'd like to see how well they work together as joint negotiators." Jen stacked her bowls into a stable gathering for taking the tray. 'You have to step up now, you're leading this bunch of misfits.'

Discover a … New Galaxy

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

Kate stood up and held Jen briefly by the arms.

"You do that, but don't work yourself too hard, we're always here to help you, give you advice," she said, then drew her into a quick hug. She used the opportunity to whisper into her ear, "And if you want to talk about the Colonel, don't hesitate to drop by my quarters. In fact, I'd appreciate it if you did. I worry about you, Jen."

She pulled away and gave a concerned smile, before sitting down to finish drinking her tea.

Comment

Jen blinked. Why had Kate whispered that? She was just concerned about her CO that she had a career commonality with and worked with for over a year. Nothing more. Jen shook her head as she picked up her tray. "I'll see you around, maybe a joint op sometime. Hope everything works out." Jen headed out of the commissary, planning to make the appointment with Mykonos, then do some work in the gym. But she briefly went to the tea pouring Ka'te. "Team meeting to be scheduled after we get an assignment from the general. Keep your calendar open and start assembling some standard gear. We'll specialize when we have parameters." Jen left for the General's office.

((to General Blue's office))
                  Last edited by DragonGate; 24 February 2006, 05:59 PM.

Discover a … New Galaxy

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

Originally posted by Cathain Nottingham
                    Alex leaned back and stretched before she smiled at the newest member of SG-4, Lt. Knight aka Gundam, "So you think Ba'al's a hottie too?"

She laughed slightly as they got odd looks from a few of the other officers sitting nearby. "We should probably go and get suited up.
                    "Yea... but Daniel blew him out of the water..."*looks around*"Oh, come on! Half of you chicks in here think at one time or another that Ba'al was a hot Evil Dude!" *now getting evil glaring stares* "Right....... I'm going to get suitted up, later Alex" *runs off to the locker room*
                    There is a reason why I do certain stuff... and that is just 30 % of the time. The rest.. I just wing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Queen Eleta
                      "Sounds good to me," Veronica said, "it's been getting a little boring lately. I think we are all anxious to feel like we're doing something."
                      Anthony grinned and nodded a welcome as the Captain entered. He agreed quietly and finished off his coffee.
                      TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Ka'te returned to the table with a cup of mandarin tea and a plain bagel.

"And she's off again," she said, nodding her head in the direction Jen had gone. "She doesn't ever sit still for long. She must have been a handful when she was younger, but it makes for a good leader now. She really deserved that promotion."

She dunked a chunk of bagel into her tea.

"So, Captain, all I know about you is that you saved our CO. Why did you decide to join the Air Force?"

Lt. Colonel Jason Richardson/Major Jen Stevens Shipper
                        Lt. Colonel Jim Anderson/Major Kate Howard Shipper

"Tir gan teanga, tir gan anam." -Gaelic Proverb
                        (A country without a language, a country without a soul.)

~RockinHobbit (MySpace)

Comment

Originally posted by Linkinparkgundam
                          "Yea... but Daniel blew him out of the water..."*looks around*"Oh, come on! Half of you chicks in here think at one time or another that Ba'al was a hot Evil Dude!" *now getting evil glaring stares* "Right....... I'm going to get suitted up, later Alex" *runs off to the locker room*
                          Alex laughed and stood up, grabbing the last of the leftovers from the table and heading to the locker room herself.

Comment

Kate watched Jen leaved, noting the raised eyebrow. She was obviously denying it, convincing herself it didn't exist, maybe she truly believed there was nothing there, but Kate could see it in her eyes, in the way she threw herself into her work and into the military. She was trying to avoid getting hurt. Again.

"And she's off again," Kateira said, nodding her head in the direction Jen had gone. "She doesn't ever sit still for long. She must have been a handful when she was younger, but it makes for a good leader now. She really deserved that promotion."

Kate nodded absent mindedly. She wasn't convinced though, that the activity and restlessness was a personality thing. She thought it was more a case of denial, trying to keep herself busy to stop her dwelling on thoughts and emotions that could hurt her. Although, she couldn't deny that Little Jenny had probably been a handful.

"Anyway, girlies," said Kate, clearing up her now empty tea things. "Have fun and I'll see you later. Give you time to do some team bonding."

She cleared up her tray and left the room, waving once more at the ladies on her way out.

>>>to the locker room

Comment

Taking another drink of water then putting the cap on and tightening it "Ok then" could show a little more enthusiasm she thought to herself Oh well whatever "Good, I've been looking over some possible destinations for our next trip... and a few possiblities have come up. I'll get back to you when it's more definite" she smiled and stood up "Well I have a few things to do, so if you need me I'll be" she stopped to think for a moment she threw one of her hands up in a I dont know kind of gesture "Uh I'll be around... somewhere" She picked up her things from the table, "Oh and McLeod your gonna need the all clear from the Doc about your leg before you can go off-world" She smiled and pushed in her chair "Catch you guys later" then headed off disposing of her rubbish before she left and opening her notebook up again and going over it as she left the commisary.
                              Lt.Col Donna Henderson
                              SG-2: CO
                              Base Senior Biologist,
                              Stargate RP, Gateworld

Cassidy Evans, SG-10:CO

Comment

Having finished her bagel, Ka'te stood and removed her plate and cup from the table.

"I'm probably going to go check on Colonel Richardson again, then head to the lounge if Stevens doesn't need us yet," she told Crescent. "All my stuff is mission-ready, but if you need to pack up, you can meet me in the lounge later and we can watch a movie or something. Get to know each other a bit better before we go on a mission together."

<<to lounge>>

Lt. Colonel Jason Richardson/Major Jen Stevens Shipper
                                Lt. Colonel Jim Anderson/Major Kate Howard Shipper

"Tir gan teanga, tir gan anam." -Gaelic Proverb
                                (A country without a language, a country without a soul.)

~RockinHobbit (MySpace)

Comment

Working...
                                X