No announcement yet.

Mess Hall / Commissary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cpt. Harders, filled with thoughts and emotions, walked into the Commissary which many people had left, to go look for further information at the Control Room. He figured he'd just stay put and think for himself, and wait if he was needed for anything. There was no need to crowd the Control Room. He didn't get anything to drink or eat, but just sat quiet and thinking. He heard someone talking about SG-2 going to Earth, to look for any survivors or the cause of what had happened.

'I would give anything to be on that team... It's hard to just sit here... Home!'

He was feeling very lonely, and didn't feel like joining anybody, since he didn't know anyone yet, as he was new on this base. He had been assigned to SG-3, but it still needed members to be a complete team. He noticed most of the other people in the room was doing the same as he, just thinking and sometimes mumbling for themselves.

Comment

Cpt. Harders heard the second announcement of all of SG-units members to report in, so he quickly got up from his seat and took a few seconds to gather his thoughts. He had been trying to hold back tears, but it was becoming more difficult. He began to focus on his job, and hurried to the Control Room.

Comment

Lt. Tyler gagged one last time, spit and rinsed out the sink in the head. Staring at her own red-rimmed eyes in the mirror, she whispered, “Earth is gone? How can Earth be gone?”
        Grandfather and Grandmother, the only parents she ever knew, their cozy hogan by the cottonwoods, her horse; gone – all of it.
        She walked to the mess hall, needing the distraction of other people’s voices to drown out the commotion in her head. Taking a juice that she didn’t intend to drink, Kym sank into an empty chair.
        The wash of noise slowly relaxed the tightness in her throat. The woman touched the PoO patch on her sleeve, tracing the symbol. Whatever had happened to Earth, Earthlings would still have a presence in the Universe.
        The announcement for all SG teams to report to control room made her jump. Absentmindedly gulping down her juice, Tyler joined the rush to the control room.

((heading to the Control room))
        You're never too old to do something goofy.
        sigpic
        Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

(Whoa wait a sec!!! I'm glad you want to rp but sorry, you can't RP you have to submit a character and get a position. Please read the Rules Regs and Information thread: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...t=16366&page=1 )
          Last edited by Colonel Sharp; 28 August 2005, 02:48 PM.
          sigpic
          Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

*"SG-1 report to the breifing room ASAP. Thank you, that's all"*
            sigpic
            Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

((From the science lab))

Sophia remained in the entrance for a few seconds, scanning the room for people of her staff. Malcolm wasn't there anymore nor was any other of her staff. There was a little pang of disappointment, while on the other hand she felt glad she could just sit there watching other people. She walked towards the counter, poured herself some hot water and pick a flavour. After that she picked an empty table and decided to enjoin a well-deserved cup of tea.
              Gateworld rpg
              dr. Sophia MacKenzie
              Base Chief Scientist

Sophia's bio

"It's always suicide mission this, save-the-world that, no one ever stops just to say hi anymore." - Jack O'Neill

Comment

Alexandra stepped out of a lift and walked into a nearly empty mess hall. Her dark eyes looked around the room before she raised a brow and headed to a table. Getting comfortable she began going over the planets.

BP6-3Q1
                Home to alien bugs that destroyed a civilization...that's a no,

M4C-862
                Home to sentient energy beings, off limits. Answers itself.

P2A-018 - Lantona
                Okay home to the Latonans, a peaceful society protected by the Sentinel...sounds good but I'll have to check in about this Sentinel thing...

Alex placed the address aside to check in with Dr. Beckett, 'the Sentinel' wasn't ringing any bells but it could still be dangerous.

Alex continued through the list, going over each address, what mission occurred there, which team was sent and what the planet's description. She sighed after she was more than halfway through her pile – there were hundreds of addresses and it was scary how many were off limits for one reason or the other.

That had gotten her thinking, maybe they could use one of the formerly Goa’uld controlled planets or one of the Asgard protected planets. She’d bring the idea up to Dr. Beckett.

Comment

Abby stepped into the entrance way of the mess hall, walked over to the food line and grabbed a turkey sandwich and some orange juice, and went and sat down by the window far from any distraction so she go work on going over Beta sites. She placed her food aside and got started.

BP3-437
                  Radiation, poisonous gases and Volcanoes...way off limits...so that answers that question.

M4C-862
                  Uh...I don't think so...we don't need to be living on a planet with sentient energy beings.

P2A-018
                  Hmm, I have heard of the Lantonans, the seem pretty quiet people. I have also heard of them being protected by the Sentinel, but haven't heard much so I would have to do some further research.

Abby spent a few more minutes going over potential Beta sites and put them all together in a list...she went through and then counted and had eventually came up with 6 potential beta sites.

Major/Doctor Abigail Beckett's List of Potential Beta Sites:

P2A-018
                  Home of the Lantonans--quiet, calm...if choosen, may have to research what Sentinels are.

MAC-365
                  Fresh meadows, lush green grasses, beautiful!

B3Q-555
                  Great place for a beta site...warm and calm!

PXR-106
                  Not a bad site...has a few flaws, like dark earlier than the alpha site, but other than that...no known inhabitants.

PX2-667
                  Home to an unknown race, but they seem rather calm and willing to trade with many explorers.

MAC-018
                  Not much info was found on this site, all is known is the planet has a lush, green forest and lots of land space for buildings.

Abby worked on the list to get it ready to turn into Gen. Blue, finished her sandwich and was about to leave when she spotted Lt. Lucius. She got up and walked over to where she was sitting, "Good day Lt., having any progress in finding sites?"
                  sigpic

Comment

Alex looked up and smiled, “Ma’am, I’ve found a few,”

Alex offered Abby the few files that might be able to work as a beta site before continuing, “A lot of the planets are uninhabitable or off limits. That got me thinking, now that the Goa’uld have all but fallen, couldn’t we ask the Jaffa Nation for use of one of the formally enslaved planets? Or what about the Asgard? They have protected planets through out our galaxy and they’re our allies – maybe they can help. Wasn’t that one of the points of the SGC? To make allies? How many times have we saved the Asgard or freed a world from Goa’uld control? Don’t they owe us one?”

Comment

Abby took the list from Alex, "I found a few of these same locations. As for the Jaffa and the Asgard helping us with a new site, I will bring that up to General Blue, and maybe you could as well. I think he needs all the ideas that he can get right now from everyone."

She then paused for a few moments realizing that she did not know too much about her team, "So, how are you liking it here? It is a pleasure having you on my team."
                      sigpic

Comment

Alex nodded and motioned for the major to join her if she liked, "I'll go with you to see the General if you'd like. And I must admit the Alpha Site is...interesting. But I'm really enjoying myself. The opportunities I've had since joining the Stargate project are invaluable. If I may...how are you doing with the news of Earth?"

Comment

"Sure, we will go see the General together, and then maybe we can both go do some research on what exactly this Sentinel thing is that appears to be on P2A-018, which I see you have came across that planet too," Abby replied as she sat down opposite of Alex.

"As for the news on Earth, I was devastated...knowing that I will not be able to see my family or friends again. But I am handling it okay...things here are keeping my mind off of it as well as busy. How are you dealing with the news?"
                          sigpic

Comment

Major Harvey walked into the commissary, Major Beckett and a Lieutenant ... 'Lucius I think thats her name' were sat at one of the tables pouring over various files. She headed for the food line and stood looking at the food available. 'Just something light, dont wanna be running around on a heavy stomach'. There was a large pot of what looked like stew and another with some kind of pie and other containers with various vegetables. She headed past them and to the glass shelves lined with cold meals and picked out a chicken salad. She changed her mind on the coffee and picked out a large bottle of water and made her way to a table in the corner of the room.

Comment

Harders headed into the Commissary with Harvey, and stood behind him in line. He noticed the room had been emptying out since last, and figured the news had got everybody doing something. He looked at the available food and picked out a roastbeef and a tuna sandwich to go with the cacao, which he had already planned on getting. He wasn't feeling hungry, but figured he would be wise to eat atleast a bit, so he didn't regret he hadn't later on. He followed Harvey after she'd picked out her meal, and joined her at a table in the corner of the room.

"So, Major, how are you feeling?" he asked knowing he didn't have to explain himself further, as the topic of Earths destruction was circulling everybodies minds.

Comment

"Um, Im not sure Im trying to not think about it. My Family were real close I need to grieve them but first I have other stuff to deal with". She meant the mission ahead of them. Harvey had never been very good at expressing her feelings to anyone she wasnt close to and could come across as uncaring at times. It was like she had this switch inside her that she could just flip, She would become the professional Marine and close off everything except the job in hand, she could deal with personal stuff later. She assumed the reason was the way she had been brought up, everyone in her family was military, Mum, Dad and her three brothers not to mention the extended family of various aunts and uncles (more friends of her parents really).She started to wonder about her brother Jack he was on SG6, 'where had he been when all this happened?' . She started to push her food around her plate, "my brother was on SG6 but Im not sure where he was when this happened" she waved her hand at nothing in paticular at the mention of 'This'.

Comment

Working...
                                X