• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Weedle View Post
    Spoiler:

<SG4 Mission 1>

<Soho, London, Flats 19 and 21>

"Who me Cap'n?" He said cheekily. "I was gonna say how hot...." He went the brightest shade of red, which for his dark complexion was something. "Never mind."

He buttoned hp his jacket felt for his Beretta in his waist band behind his back and wished for a shoulder holster and headed out the door. He spoke over his shoulder. "Captain, he headed north. We're in Portalnd Mews, I have a hunch he'll head for a station with the early morning peak hour to cover him. Tottenham Court is the nearest thataway. He'll stand out, Korean's are not common around here and I can pick him out easy."
    <SG4 Mission 1>

<Soho, London, Outside the flats building>

The woman blushed slightly when she heard a hint in Corporal's words and silently followed him outside, her feet recalling how to walk on heels, and herself listening to his ideas, pondering over them. When they left the house, she stopped.

"I guess you're right, Corporal. Now one more thing. We can't use ranks in the crowds and on the streets, can we? So we'll have to act as a couple heaing to work I think... At this time boss and her employee will be unnatural... My Russian name will surely be outstanding too, so you'll have to invent one for me. Luckily enough I managed to fight away my accent while serving in SGC, so that won't be a problem. What do you think about and is there anything else you can offer for stealth, Tyrone?"

Scorpio fiddled with her new purse, which was busy trying to slide down from her shoulder. She thought, waiting for Corporal to reply:

"Damn, I really need to wear civilan whenever possible, or I'll forget how to be a woman completely..."
    Last edited by Vagabond Serpent; 05 September 2010, 09:22 PM.
    Homo sum et nihil humani a me alienum puto, sic quod feci quod potui et sic potui, faciant meliora potentes. (c)

sigpic

Comment

<SG4 Mission 1>

<Soho, London, Outside the flats building> - <Tottenham Station>

{Corporal Tyrone Jumuljun NZSASR}

"My old sergeant always told me, if ya gonna lie about yer name, keep it simple and close to your own so's you don't forget." He began and squinted in the early morning light. He checked his watch, seven fifteen am. "Ellen, an old girlfriend of mine, she was a redhead as well ma'am. Married with kids now...at twenty two, go figure." He headed north across the street to the lane he last saw the target and stopped. In between the curbside gutter and footpath, there was about half a metre of hard clay, where the grass didn't grow in the shadows of the buildings. He knelt and checked the ground. "This way ah..Ellen, he's headed straight for Tottenham....hmmph lousy football team." He added.

Comment

<SG4 Mission 1>

<Soho, London, Outside the flats building> - <Tottenham Station>

"Well, I'm Ellen then..." - Captain said thoughtfully. Corporal's words awoke her own memories about her boyfriend, killed long ago during the First Campaign. She wasn't in any relationship since then, chasing her career, climbing ranks. Only now the woman realised that she was probably doing that with the single desire to shove her feelings deep, bury them under military mundanity. Maybe it was the time to change things now, but it can wait till the mission ends.

Her grim thoughts were interrupted by Ty's words again. This time Scorpio snickered at the football team comment.

"Hey, Ty, I know nothing about Russian sports, and you're saying something about English teams." She went serious. "Ok, Tottenham it is... Hold a second, Tyrone..."

She opened her purse and pulled out a London map that she noticed earlier. Obviously she was now posessing a bag of one of LA females as no Londoner would carry a map of his own city around. Lena quickly found Portland Mews on the map and Tottenham Underground Station.

"So, we're here, near Dean Street and the station is there on Oxford Street. And what's worse, it's an interchange station with two lines there, so if we lose him, we can as well chase trains in all four directions. So, how do you think, Tyrone, would our client go on a big street to use the crowd of the rush hour?"
        Last edited by Vagabond Serpent; 06 September 2010, 09:15 AM.
        Homo sum et nihil humani a me alienum puto, sic quod feci quod potui et sic potui, faciant meliora potentes. (c)

sigpic

Comment

<SG4 Mission 1>

<Soho, London,> to <Tottenham Station>

Laughing off the 'sports' comment Ty mentioned something about "I'll teach you about real football." But said no more, his mind was focused on the hunt. "If I knew I'd been spotted I'd be using the crowd to cover me. He's gonna be heading for the Embassy, nearest station is Acton." He thought about his words. "...he ain't going to run Cap...Ellen, he'll draw suspicion to himself, but we can. I think maybe we should get Colonel Carter to call Scotland Yard and make sure they block him getting to the embassy." Ty checked his watch. "C'mon I'll race ya to Tottenham, five minutes at a good double march."
          Last edited by Weedle; 06 September 2010, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei View Post
            Raiden turned back to the computer missing the evil eye sent at him from his CO. After looking over Jennifer's work for a few minutes he said, "Looks great Jen, I don't think that even the 'Great and Powerful Rodney McKay' could have done any better." He looked up from the monitor just in time to see that Col. Carter caught his reference and roll her eyes at the though of McKay and how he used to get just about everything wrong.

"Hey Flight I was thinking,"
            Raiden said noticing something was wrong even though the Flight Lt. tried to hide it, "Maybe we could get those MI6 guys to find out just which North Koreans are in town at this point in time. I mean it might help us to nail this BA5TARD to a wall. You know what I mean?"
            <SG4 Mission 1>

<Soho, London, Flats 19 and 21>

{Flight Lt. Catherine Hayden} {Colonel Samantha Carter} {Captain Jennifer Hailey}

"It would yes Raiden it would. But finding out from their embassy would be like drawing blood from a stone. We could though get them to check flight records. This goon has only just arrived, so it wouldn't be a far strecth to place him and find out where he's staying. If Lena and the corporal miss him, we can expect he'll go to his digs at some time soon."

"I agree Cate, I'll make some calls." Sam added. "Jennifer if you're finished, go downstairs and ask our MI6 friends to run a entry check of North Korean nationals in the last forty eight hours, there shouldn't be too many of them."

"I'm done Colonel, on my way." Jennifer stood and wiped her hands on her pants and bolted out the door, her footsteps were loud and clear as she headed down the three flights of stairs.

Comment

Originally posted by Weedle View Post
              Spoiler:
              <SG4 Mission 1>

Laughing off the 'sports' comment Ty mentioned something about "I'll teach you about real football." But said no more, his mind was focused on the hunt. "If I knew I'd been spotted I'd be using the crowd to cover me. He's gonna be heading for the Embassy, nearest station is St James." He thought about his words. "...he ain't going to run Cap...Ellen, he'll draw suspicion to himself, but we can. I think maybe we should get Colonel Carter to call Scotland Yard and make sure they block him getting to the embassy." Ty checked his watch. "C'mon I'll race ya to Tottenham, five minutes at a good double march."
              Elena looked at the map several seconds more, folded it and placed it back in the purse, zipping it.

"If he's heading to the Embassy, then he'll travel south one station, and then take a Piccadilly tarin at the Leicseter Square, which means that we'd better catch him before he takes a train, or at least before he changes one as then it'll be a very long travel to Acton... And I'm sure Sam will do the necessary calls without reminding, she's interested in catching this guy even more than we, I guess. Now lead the way, Ty, you seem to know those parts."

She got ready to run, thinking to herself:

"Let's see how fast can I run on heels..."
              Last edited by Vagabond Serpent; 06 September 2010, 10:34 PM.

sigpic

Comment

<SG4 Mission 1>

Loping off at an lazy trot, dodging the early morning commuters and being aware of his CO's footwear, Ty set an pace. He spoke as he went. "Been here twice C..Ellen." He dodged a man with the typical business look, dark suit, umbrella, even though the forecast was for sunshine. "Hey watch it." He yelled and continued with his conversation as the crowd grew thicker closer to Tottenham. "I spent about a year on exchange with the Brits and came back later to do an advanced rifleman's course. I stayed in a flat not far from here."

Rounding a corner with the tube entrance in sight, Ty stopped and held up his hand. "There he is, heading for the ticket office. Jeans, black leather jacket and sunglasses." He pointed to an Asian fellow, about mid thirties, slightly balding about five feet nine inches tall.

Comment

<SG4 Mission 1>

<Soho, London> to <Tottenham Station>

Captain mentally thanked her Corporal for not setting too fast pace, and followed him as he was changing path after path and streets. She barely avoid bumping in that umbrella fellow herself, mumbling to him something like "I'm sorry, mister, we're being late..." and catching up with Jamuljin, who continued tales about his early life.

"I never was in Britain myself." - Scorpio said, when there was no one around for a split second. - "In fact, I was only to USA and that'd be SGC to be more accurate."

She also stopped at the corner, her feet glad for an opportunity to rest, and memorized every trait of their target standing in queue for tickets now, her brain trained in those things now would tell him out of hundred of Asians if he'd have enough luck to meld with them. Elena began walking towards the ticket office too, with Ty beside her. She whispered to him:

"We can't catch him now, too many people around. We'll have to wait for a moment until we're relatively lonely. So let's keep an eye on him and buy tickets too. Remember, act casual, like it's your daily routine."

They were now in the tail of the line for tickets and she raised her voice when the last man of it turned around, giving them a curious look.

"So, are you ready for that today presentation of yours, Tyrone? You said it's very important..."
                  Last edited by Vagabond Serpent; 07 September 2010, 09:36 AM.

sigpic

Comment

<SG4 Mission 1>

<Soho, London,> <Tottenham Station>

Picking up the thread of conversation quickly Ty placed his arm through Elena's and held her closely as if they were intimate friends. "Oh you know Love.." he put on his best London accent, which despite his heritage was passable to the casual listener. "...selling these new 3D screens for business uses is going to take some..." he paused as he kept one eye on the target. The man had purchased his ticket and headed inside for the esculators. Not wanting to lose him, Ty whispered to his CO. "With this line we'll lose the goon. I've got an idea." He said and he stepped out of the line and went to one of the Tube attendants at the gate. He flashed his New Zealand Defence ID, which with the Royal Crown seal on it, was a good representation of almost any British official ID. He spoke briefly with the woman and she opened the gate for him. He waved Ellena on to him.

Comment

<SG4 Mission 1>

<Tottenham Court Road Station>

Elena was also quick to accept her part in the play, replying to Corporal in her best British English, while he was eyeing the target, watching every sound that was leaving her mouth as Russian pronunciation was very sharp and notable.

"Oh, I'm sure, beloved, you'll find a way to talk those conservative clients into buying some of them."

She then nodded briefly and nearly imperceptable, allowing him to try his idea and thought with half-mischief:

"We'd better not forget to switch back in the "normal" mode immediately after this mess ends, or something... wrong might occur... But as for now, if your job can bring you some fun to colour the daily routine, then what the heck?"

And Scorpio went to Ty and the woman, thanking her with another brief nod. This time Ovcharenko was first to place her arm through man's and said:

"Well, lead the way, my love."

And she winked at him, then returning her sight to the stairs in front of them.

sigpic

Comment

<SG4 Mission 1>

Dong-sun Goh had been in this business a long time, working across Asia, Europe the US and Australia for most of his fifteen year career. Still a part of the Peoples Army, but as a member of the RDEI (Research Department for External Intelligence) he had been trained to a finite degree. He knew these long noses were after him as soon as he reached the Tube, he only wished it had been the flame haired Australian that was after him, he owed her big time for the hole in his leg and shoulder. He shook his head as he headed down the long esculator, not looking back at any time. Eventually he reached the platform that would take him to Chiswick Park. A change there, and he would wait for them. For now he would avoid the Embassy, no need to implicate them in this mess with these aliens, yet. He felt for his pistol under his jacket, and moved on.

Thanks to Commander PJOZ for the siggy

Comment

<SG4 Mission 1>

<Soho, London,> <Tottenham Station>

"I think he's onto us Ellen." Ty didn't slip this time as he said her name, he moved his arm around her waist and squeezed her. "Don't look at him, look everywhere else but at him. He's damed good, he didn't even turn his head...much, but I guarantee he has a mirror in one lens of his sunglasses." Ty wrinkled his nose, Elena's perfume was distracting him. Her wanted badly to do something about it, but this was his boss, not some floozy from a downtown bar in Wellington. He loosed his arm and looped it back in hers. "We should be ok, the woman at the turnstile said she'd pass our description onto other tube stations, let's hope no one wants a closer look at my ID."

They reached the platform level and Ty saw the target head for the wrong platform entry. "Where the h3ll is he goin now?" He said as he quickened their pace.

Comment

<SG4 Mission 1>

Captain was trained good enough to keep herself from looking at the Korean. If he spotted them and understood that they were tailing him, then their task now was to calm him down, make it all look like an coincendence. She shook her head slightly to blow away sensations that Ty's hand around her waist summoned, not wishing to let them turn into emotions or feelings. Not here, not now. She chuckled at the IDs remark and whispered to him:

"You at least have it in English, Ty. All I've always with me is my... Wehrpaß." - She named the thing in German as she wasn't sure if English had a name for it at all. - "And it's in Russian, not saying that half of my service record has "classified" mark there."

Elena of course also noticed that their spook was heading to the wrong platform and, as they followed him hand-in-hand to the northbound one leading to Goodge Street, the woman answered Corporal.

"Apparently, he decided to give us a ride. He wants either to confuse and shake us from his trail, or, if that fails, to reach a quiet place where he can openly confront us. In any way, we should enter the same cart with him but without making his spookometer hitting the ceiling."

And she proceeded to a very productive occupation of studying mural mosaics on the walls.
                            Last edited by Vagabond Serpent; 08 September 2010, 05:55 AM.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vagabond Serpent View Post
                              <SG4 Mission 1>

Captain was trained good enough to keep herself from looking at the Korean. If he spotted them and understood that they were tailing him, then their task now was to calm him down, make it all look like an coincendence. She shook her head slightly to blow away sensations that Ty's hand around her waist summoned, not wishing to let them turn into emotions or feelings. Not here, not now. She chuckled at the IDs remark and whispered to him:

"You at least have it in English, Ty. All I've always with me is my... Wehrpaß." - She named the thing in German as she wasn't sure if English had a name for it at all. - "And it's in Russian, not saying that half of my service record has "classified" mark there."

Elena of course also noticed that their spook was heading to the wrong platform and, as they followed him hand-in-hand to the nortbound one leading to Goodge Street, the woman answered Corporal.

"Apparently, he decided to give us a ride. He wants either to confuse and shake us from his trail, or, if that fails, to reach a quiet place where he can openly confront us. In any way, we should enter the same cart with him but without making his spookometer hitting the ceiling."

And she proceeded to a very productive occupation of studying mural mosaics on the walls.
                              <SG4 Mission 1>

{Little old Lady with umbrella and camera}

Just as Captain and Corporal were making some good headway through the twists and turns of the tunnels in hot pursuit....an old lady seemingly appeared out of nowhere.... "uh.....excuse me you two look like a lovely couple....and I seem to be a bit lost" She fumbled with a station map as if she were going to take an hour to open it...... "I can't seem to make heads or tails of this...."
                              Originally posted by jelgate
                              This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

<SG4 Mission 1>

Not wanting to offend the old woman and knowing Elena wasn't as familiar with London as he, and not wanting to lose the target, Ty went for quick diplomacy. "Ah ma'am we're kind of in a hurry, perhaps the attendant over there can help you." He pointed to one of the many security guards posted around the station, not five metres away. Ty grabbed Elena's hand and pulled her towards the entrance of the platform. He looked at the indicator, there was a train due in three minutes to take them directly to Chiswick Park. He mouthed the words with a question mark to his companion. "Chiswick, what the ...."

Comment

Working...
                                X