I like Sharky
              sigpic

Comment

looks like ya gonna hav ta
                sigpic

Comment

Welcome aboard to all newbies...
                  "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                  Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                  Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                  Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                  I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                  To thy own self... Be true
                  May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

All right, then, hello. Yo. And such.... And, so, this is my first time joining a forum as a fan. I am a die hard SG junkie. Favorite show since it aired. (Atlantis started off poorly, but the latter seasons rivaled SG-1's best, that of 6, 7. and 8, for me).

My favorite two minutes in TV history is s08e17 of SG-1, "Reckoning: Part 2". The intro to the episode has Ba'al walking into Anubis' throne room and there is a powerful exchange between them, ending with

Anubis to Ba'al
                    ; "You have no idea what is necessary, and what is not, in The Grand Design."

Ba'al : "Who's.... "grand design"?

(pause)

Anubis : 'MINE".................

..........and cut to title..BAM!

I say I say, BAM....No flippin joke folks, I have that two minutes cropped out and I watch it probably 100 times a year, literally. Back to back 5 times over when I do. I thik Anubis is the greatest villain in sci-fi history. To me, he is the perfect bad guy. I HATED to see him "go". Especially only to be replaced by the Ori.

And, well, so, I am also a software developer and I designed a software called Splinter, a 100% free destkop interface/icon dock/file launcher and the world's first 'truly" imagery based programming language. I am currently building what I will be calling Atlantis Edition Splinter, which will undoubtedly be the most advanced and custom and detailed Stargate "themed" destkop interface, ever. It will be "short' though, only a few pages (wallpapers) and about 150 dynamic desktop objects(desktop icons with motion abilities), and several dozen hotlinked icons pointed directly at gateworld and other wikis. (sounds weird, I know. But will all be clear when you see Atlantis Edition and how Splinter works.)

Kinda kickin myself in the arse, right now, cause I only have a few days to dedicate to this splinterface. I "foolishly" spent three months designing a recent Marvel/DC comics themed splinterface that holds over 100 wallpapers and nearly 1000 dynamic icons. And I don't give a rat's @ss about Marvel or DC characters. I put off SG splinterfaces for three years cause I wanted it to be "just right', not rushed or forced. Finally, have reached that point where I feel I have all the right imagery and content, but only have enough time to do a "normal" spilnterface, not an insane version like Infinity Edition. All Greek, yes, I iknow.

Ill post WIP screenshots, tomorrow, and hopefully, have the full, free, interface ready for you to download and try by Monday evening....(a little teaser, though. You will have a fully interactive Stargate and wormhole connection right on your desktop, but BEHIND every other window, it "IS' your desktop, not an app running OVER it. And can have the event horizon's pool gently waving as long as you like.)..

{Re snipped req: See PM. }

P.S..SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited about the feature film reboot trilogy potentially happening. Look forward to those more than any movies, ever, after Ender's Game.
                    Last edited by Bagpuss; 19 October 2013, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Hello and welcome. Have a cookie.
                      sigpic

Comment

Hi and welcome, deema

Comment

Welcome aboard deema...
                          "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                          Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                          Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                          Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                          I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                          To thy own self... Be true
                          May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Hello everyone! Just started watching the Stargate series for the first time and I love it
                            I'm currently working my way through season 3 and I already have plenty of things, that I wish to read and talk about. And where better to do that but here.

Guess that's it for now
                            Benji

Comment

Hello and Welcome to GW. Glad you found us and Stargate. Have a cookie, they keep the monkeys away.
                              sigpic

Comment

Yes. Its what Iffy makes her cookies with....
                                I like Sharky
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X