This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jackclone1 View Post
    Oh a lady (you are a lady I hope) after my own heart Question, what is with all these folks that for one reason or another, a guy using a female avatar and vice versa, I just don't know how to address people here. For me it's always ma'am or sir, or a first name.....I don't get it. My name is Rick BTW
    Well yea of course I am. I don't know. Maybe people just like to do that. I would do the same thing if i thought an avatar with a guy on it has some funny saying on it. BTW that's a random question.
    sigpic
    My tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by jackclone1 View Post
      Question, what is with all these folks that for one reason or another, a guy using a female avatar and vice versa, I just don't know how to address people here. For me it's always ma'am or sir, or a first name.....I don't get it. My name is Rick BTW
      Well, just use the nickname (aka username), ie Jper (which is short for Jasper, btw). And lots of people make mistakes against the gender of a member. Just don't take it too personally when it happens to you. Most people, like myself, don't really mind, even if they correct you. You could also always check the member's user profile to see if you can see if that member has revealed "gender". Personally I don't care about someone being female or male, or whatever, as long as they are pleasant and kind. Using Sir/Madam, might be a bit stiff, though, certainly with repeated use.

As with the avatars. Those things are more an expression of where that member's interest or fandom lies than an indication towards gender.

Also, you better watch out with members like GB who would have you believe that they are female/human, but are actually robots!!! *Now waits for GB to come in and complain about me*
      A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post

Also, you better watch out with members like GB who would have you believe that they are female/human, but are actually robots!!! *Now waits for GB to come in and complain about me*
        no means no, and so does pepper spray
        Sig by The Carpenter
        sigpic

Comment

Hey everyone, just registered so thought i'd come in here first just to say hi and stuff. I'm a big sci fi fan(stargate in particular) so thought it was about time i joined a forum, and where better than here? Looking forward to posting with you all and getting to know fellow fans better. So yeah, hi
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Yesterday View Post
            Hey everyone, just registered so thought i'd come in here first just to say hi and stuff. I'm a big sci fi fan(stargate in particular) so thought it was about time i joined a forum, and where better than here? Looking forward to posting with you all and getting to know fellow fans better. So yeah, hi
            You've found the right place, indeed. Welcome!

Comment

*waves at the fellow newbie!*
              sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Yesterday View Post
                Welcome to the forum looking forward to seeing you around the threads. Have a cookie while you browse
                Sig by The Carpenter
                sigpic

Comment

*steals GB's cookies*

What? She accused me of trying to break the forum!!

Comment

I did not accuse you, I simply asked if you did it There is a difference, a slight one granted but still a difference
                    *hides special cookie ingredient*
                    Sig by The Carpenter
                    sigpic

Comment

Asked? I didn't see any question marks... Admit it, you thought I had broken GW.

Comment

Asked? I didn't see any question marks... Admit it, you thought I had broken GW.
                        Well, only your little corner of it. My corner isn't having any of the problems you seem to be encountering
                        New members take note. Jper doesn't know the answers (that was to stay of topic )
                        Sig by The Carpenter
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
                          Well, only your little corner of it. My corner isn't having any of the problems you seem to be encountering
                          New members take note. Jper doesn't know the answers (that was to stay of topic )
                          I blame Young blaming Rush. *Damn it, Rush. Damn it, Rush.* Young wanted control over Europe and Rush locked him out and now my report post function isn't working properly.

And new members, take note, never believe anything GB says.

Comment

IAnd new members, take note, never believe anything GB says.
                            And I was just going to tell the newbies how handsome and kind you were. Oh well
                            Sig by The Carpenter
                            sigpic

Comment

*waves* Hi, fellow newbie here... Just thought I'd pop in and say Hi!

Been a fan since way back when the original film came out and watch all 3 series.

Thanks to those who have already sent me messages welcoming me here - I would reply but still haven't worked out how yet, so all in good time...

Comment

Originally posted by Kate1013 View Post
                                *waves* Hi, fellow newbie here... Just thought I'd pop in and say Hi!

Been a fan since way back when the original film came out and watch all 3 series.

Thanks to those who have already sent me messages welcoming me here - I would reply but still haven't worked out how yet, so all in good time...
                                Hi Kate! Welcome to GW. Be sure to leave your sanity at the gate. And stay away from the über crazies like GB. Cookie?

Comment

Working...
                                X