Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On second thoughts, plant it next to where you are building your Titanic & fire it up real big to keep the icebergs away.
    http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

I finally took the plunge and signed up to gateworld! I've already been writing fanfiction over the last couple of years but I've been a fan since the film came out!

Thought I would drop by and say hi. The SG Community is awesome!

Comment

Hello,

My name is Ion and I have been a fan of Stargate for many years now. I first saw a bit of it as my father watched SG-1 on the EITB1 channel. Ever since I was curious about it and one day was able to watch it as one of the local channels got the license/broadcast rights.

I was one of those early cheesy YouTube video makers for SG and I still have a few SGA video montages around from those days. In hopes to preserve the people that remained from those days, I created a small YouTube community for it along with the other cheesy video-makers to keep it alive. I did quite hilariously choose Google+ for said community though (I know... ????).

Here is the video:

I recently discovered Gateworld's Youtube channel and have thanks to it got my Hattak ship from Eaglemoss which looks just awesome!

Anyway, thanks for keeping SG alive with the YouTube channel and content you guys have created!

Best regards,
        Ion
        “Prefer knowledge to wealth, for the one is transitory, the other perpetual.”
        ― Socrates

Comment

Robert Laurel. 40 years in military intelligence and special forces. Fought in the Balkans, both Gulf Wars and Afghanistan. Retied as a two-star. Was assigned to Area 51 at one point. Is there actual role playing done here?

Comment

We used to have quite a few RPGs hosted here,but they've been extinct for years.

Best idea is to start a thread in Stargate Fandom if yours is Stargate - related; in General SciFi/Fantasy if it's scifi - based, or in Off Topic Chatter if those categories aren't what you want to focus on.

Outline your ideas then see if anyone responds.
            The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Can't find it.

Comment

Stargate Fandom: https://forum.gateworld.net/stargate-fandom

General SciFi: https://forum.gateworld.net/scifi-an...asy-television

Off Topic Chatter: https://forum.gateworld.net/off-topic-chatter

Comment

I can't start any topcvs yet or reply in public.

Comment

Sorry for the delay! There was a Server outage which seems to have fixed itself now.(521 errors to be exact.)

You're on Probie Status so that means your posts /threads go in a queue to be cleared for now but you definitely should be able to start new threads.

Try again when you can.

Comment

I can't. I'm 68. How long do I have to be treated like a kid.

Comment

You're not being treated like a kid.

Since 2008 ,all new members begin on Probie Status moderation.
                        (For details,see the forum FAQ and the "Probie Status for New Members" thread.)

At the top of every section ,there's a "New Topic" button.Click that,then you can fill out the title and intro post.
                        Once you're happy with the post,click to submit it and it'll go into the Mod queue.

Create your new thread in this section ,then I can clear it then move it to where you'll get the best chance of views and hopefully,replies.

If ,after all this you still can't create a thread,I'll ask the owner to take a look at the user settings ,because there may be a glitch somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Laurel View Post
                          Robert Laurel. 40 years in military intelligence and special forces. Fought in the Balkans, both Gulf Wars and Afghanistan. Retied as a two-star. Was assigned to Area 51 at one point. Is there actual role playing done here?
                          Umph... that's quite a record, Sir.

Welcome to Gateworld!

Bagpuss mentioned some glitching. The Replicators are at it again... I knew I'd forgotten to lock the gate. Sorry!
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

After years of hearing about this site, i finally decided to sign up. I am 39, so my childhood was filled with RDA in MacGuyver and SG-1. Played a large part in motivating me to join the military(Army, i wasn’t a model citizen for the Air Force’s taste). Though I didn’t get to go thru stargates to go to other planets, i did go on a lot of planes over 12 years to many places on this one. Since then, i now have a family and spend my days watching stargate in my treadmill everyday, lol. Its not much, but its nice.

Comment

Welcome Strike! I salute you!

39 ... nearing that new front door as we, here locally, tend to say. Basically a spring-chicken. Our youths were awesome though, MacGuyver and Stargate.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Hi I'm 54 and have love everything Stargate from the very beginning

Comment

Working...
                                X