X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
    AHAHA!! I found a BYPASS!

When you're posting a reply to a thread, there's an "additional options" section and one of the dropdown menus is for thread subscriptions. If you opt to subscribe and then click submit, the subscription sticks!

HA! *wanders off to make sure the regular method doesn't work either before she commences in gloating*
    glad I found this thread - going to give it a try as i am tired of hunting for my favorite threads.

keep your fingers crossed
    A Symbiote

Comment

Wooo Hooo - Thanks it worked.

Now onto understanding and mastering the reps thing
      A Symbiote

Comment

Any idea when its going to be repaired?
        Mrs Tapping

Myspace: www.myspace.com/stuey1221
        MSN: [email protected]
        feel free to add me on either

Comment

Originally posted by Stuey1221
          Any idea when its going to be repaired?
          It's a vBulletin software glitch. And the solution to fixing the problem is more complex than you could ever imagine. I admin at another forum, and took a look at the vbulletin code dealing with the automatic reply notifications. Any attempt to fix this issue would end up requiring an almost complete re-write of the vBulletin software (at least to me it does). In other words, fixing the problem is lot harder than it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by David
            The new forum can notify you of new posts to a particular thread! You can subscribe to as many threads as you want; when a new post is made, the forum will send you an e-mail with a direct link to the thread. Click on "Thread Tools" near the top of the thread to which you would like to subscribe, then "Subscribe to this Thread." Remember, the post itself isn't sent to your mailbox -- and you'll need to visit the thread again to keep the subscription active. You won't receive e-mails for every single post without revisiting the thread.

You can even subscribe to an entire folder: Look for the "Subscribe to This Forum" option under the "Forum Tools" menu on the thread list page.
            how do you create a thread?

Comment

Originally posted by David
              The new forum can notify you of new posts to a particular thread! You can subscribe to as many threads as you want; when a new post is made, the forum will send you an e-mail with a direct link to the thread. Click on "Thread Tools" near the top of the thread to which you would like to subscribe, then "Subscribe to this Thread." Remember, the post itself isn't sent to your mailbox -- and you'll need to visit the thread again to keep the subscription active. You won't receive e-mails for every single post without revisiting the thread.

You can even subscribe to an entire folder: Look for the "Subscribe to This Forum" option under the "Forum Tools" menu on the thread list page.

Comment

Working...
              X