This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AHAHA!! I found a BYPASS!

When you're posting a reply to a thread, there's an "additional options" section and one of the dropdown menus is for thread subscriptions. If you opt to subscribe and then click submit, the subscription sticks!

HA! *wanders off to make sure the regular method doesn't work either before she commences in gloating*

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat

When you're posting a reply to a thread, there's an "additional options" section and one of the dropdown menus is for thread subscriptions. If you opt to subscribe and then click submit, the subscription sticks!

HA! *wanders off to make sure the regular method doesn't work either before she commences in gloating*
      I tried your bypass method and it worked -- thanks, Shadow!!
      Still hoping that the regular "subscribe to this thread" button gets fixed, though.

Comment

*runs off to attempt the work around

lalalalalalalalalalalalala - music while you wait

*runs back in all happy and stuff

*grabs ShadowMaat and gives a big, big hug out of pure joy

It works!!! It works!!! Thank you!!!
        sigpic
        I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Thanks for the tip! *goes to try it*

Comment

would give you green, but there is no point as your rep is blocked

Comment

I was just wondering if any one else who gets the Music Video thread to their email have you gotten any posts after Sept. 20 because I have not and I found that odd because I have not changed my notification at all since subscribing to the thread. ans was wanting to know if it had any thing to do with that subscription problem some of you have been having recently, I'm glad I'm not the only with that problem, or if it could be Hotmail, which would be really great because I'm already having problems with it and Yahoo Groups but that part is a problem for another place.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Originally posted by planet_tv
                I was just wondering if any one else who gets the Music Video thread to their email have you gotten any posts after Sept. 20 because I have not and I found that odd because I have not changed my notification at all since subscribing to the thread. ans was wanting to know if it had any thing to do with that subscription problem some of you have been having recently, I'm glad I'm not the only with that problem, or if it could be Hotmail, which would be really great because I'm already having problems with it and Yahoo Groups but that part is a problem for another place.
                Just to cover all the bases: Did you check the bulk-mail/spam/junk mail folder for your primary e-mail account? Sometimes e-mail services view the many auto-reply notifications from GateWorld as junk mail or spam. So sometimes you may need to check those folders. (It happened to me once, and i'm not one to say it won't ever happen again). Note that sometimes your e-mail service will automatically move the reply notifications without you telling it to do so. This is especially true if you end up getting a lot of notifications. By volume alone, most e-mail services will start dumping messages coming from the same source into the junk/spam/bulk mail folders.

Comment

If that were the problem I would have know that they were in there, by the number displayed for it, and I would have moved them out of there. I'm thinking now it's Hotmail in general.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Hi All:

I've recently encountered a problem with my subscribed threads and I was wondering if anybody could help me out.
                    I am subscribed to several threads and last week two out of the general discussion just were gone from my subscribed list without me doing anything. Now, I cannot subscribe to any threads at all anymore. When I use the function it takes me to the next window but when I hit "subscribe" nothing happens.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

I've been having the same problems as Dani in trying to subscribe to new threads and the forum not doing anything. I haven't been able to subscribe to any new threads since the forum had it's upgrade or what ever you call it.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
                      Spoiler:

Comment

Hoping that Darren or Greg can help out with this too.

I can't subscribe to threads either. I select Subscribe To Thread from the options in the drop down menu. It takes me to a page with two drop down menus. In one I select if I want email notification or not etc, and in the other it has the folder to put the subscribed thread in. I make my selections then hit the Add Subscription button. But nothing happens.
                        sigpic

Comment

I think Darren said it was a glitch in the VB software and that they were waiting for VB to issue a fix for it.

Meanwhile, you can still subscribe via the Additional Options when you post a reply (or advanced options when you edit a post).

Doesn't do any good for threads you don't post on, but it's the nearest any of us are likely to get until the bug is fixed.

Comment

Yep.
                            GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                            The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                            Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

I think Darren said it was a glitch in the VB software and that they were waiting for VB to issue a fix for it.

Meanwhile, you can still subscribe via the Additional Options when you post a reply (or advanced options when you edit a post).

Doesn't do any good for threads you don't post on, but it's the nearest any of us are likely to get until the bug is fixed.
                              On threads you don't want to post on, but just want to follow, you can do a test post, subscribe at the bottom, and then go back and delete the post. You'll still stay subscribed to the thread. It's a bit of a pain, but it works until the regular feature gets fixed.
                              sigpic

Comment

i still cannot subsribe to anymore threads, it just takes me right back to the notifications screen
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X