Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been wondering for a while, how do you unsubscribe? Or does no one bother.
    "Do you people practice being vague?"

Comment

Go to My Controls, List Subscription click unsubscribe
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by solar wind
        I've been wondering for a while, how do you unsubscribe? Or does no one bother.
        Use qasim's method, or if you are getting the automated replies, scroll to the bottom of the message and click the "Unscribe from thread" link.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
          AHAHA!! I found a BYPASS!

When you're posting a reply to a thread, there's an "additional options" section and one of the dropdown menus is for thread subscriptions. If you opt to subscribe and then click submit, the subscription sticks!

HA! *wanders off to make sure the regular method doesn't work either before she commences in gloating*
          THANK YOU!!!!!
          sigpic
          Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

Hey, been having the same problem subscribing to threads as everyone else. Can anyone say if it might be fixed soon (as in, next month or two) or is it a more serious problem? Actually, does anyone know if it is a user specific problem that is confined to individual profiles, so that people that joined after the VB update have no trouble, or is it more general in that no one can use the function properly no matter when they joined?

Comment

Well, someone that has a postcount of 1 asked this question over in the MEMBERS helping MEMBERS thread, so i'd say it was a general problem. Hang on ... I'll go check when they joined.

UPDATE - yeah, she joined this month.
              I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

We have not found a way to fix it yet, so at this point we're assuming that the problem lies with the vBulletin software itself. If that's the case, hopefully it will be fixed in a future upgrade.
                GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Just thought I'd post for the record to let you know that my subscription to "The Scourge" erased itself overnight, and I can't resubscribe.

Comment

try setting your preferences to automatically subscribe to threads (with or without email notification - however you like it) and then repost in that thread.

for details of how to set your preferences... look here
                    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger
                      try setting your preferences to automatically subscribe to threads (with or without email notification - however you like it) and then repost in that thread.
                      Thank you (and for the green, too)! But, yes, I've done that. I was subscribed to the thread, but then when I came back to my controls this morning, the subscription was no longer there: There were new posts but no notification. "Subscribe to thread" didn't work, but I was able to find a post I wanted to reply to, so I think I'm all set again, at least for awhile.

Comment

oh sorry
                        now you have reposted in the thread, are you subscribed?

sigpic

Comment

Yeppers!

Comment

:d
                            Last edited by Major Clanger; 21 February 2006, 10:19 AM.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
                              Thank you (and for the green, too)! But, yes, I've done that. I was subscribed to the thread, but then when I came back to my controls this morning, the subscription was no longer there: There were new posts but no notification. "Subscribe to thread" didn't work, but I was able to find a post I wanted to reply to, so I think I'm all set again, at least for awhile.
                              The next time you post in the thread in question, go to the bottom of the page, to the "additional options" section. Go to the "Thread subscription" area, and select the type of notification you want. This method seems to work more reliably than the Subscribe options from the control Panel.

Comment

The thing is, because I've set my subscription method in my User Prefs, "No email notification" is ALWAYS set when I make a reply.

Ya know, the only threads in which this mysterious subscription expiration/disappearance thing seems to occur are the S9 Episode threads. Hmmm....

Comment

Working...
                                X