Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At the main page, scroll almost to the bottom. Right between the "Forum Play Zone" and "Currently Active Users" is a blue spacing bar. In that bar there are two clickable links: "Mark Forums Read" and "View Forum Leaders". If you click on view leaders, you'll be taken to a page that lists EVERYONE, broken into categories: Admin, Basic Trainee (which is the starting level), Enlisted Personnel (which is where I am), Moderators, and Officer Class (which is where Anubis is).

You can't sort by individual, but from those breakdowns you can click on individual names to view their profile and post count.

Anubis and LMJ are far, far chattier than I am and have thus zoomed right past everyone else to maintain a very large (and increasingly larger) lead over everyone else. I tend to be more conservative (believe it or not) and stick by the adage to "make every post count". I add my share of fluff, but generally speaking, I try to actually say something in my posts and keep most of the chatty stuff for the Offworld areas (which don't add to your post count).

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
      At the main page, scroll almost to the bottom. Right between the "Forum Play Zone" and "Currently Active Users" is a blue spacing bar. In that bar there are two clickable links: "Mark Forums Read" and "View Forum Leaders". If you click on view leaders, you'll be taken to a page that lists EVERYONE, broken into categories: Admin, Basic Trainee (which is the starting level), Enlisted Personnel (which is where I am), Moderators, and Officer Class (which is where Anubis is).

You can't sort by individual, but from those breakdowns you can click on individual names to view their profile and post count.

Anubis and LMJ are far, far chattier than I am and have thus zoomed right past everyone else to maintain a very large (and increasingly larger) lead over everyone else. I tend to be more conservative (believe it or not) and stick by the adage to "make every post count". I add my share of fluff, but generally speaking, I try to actually say something in my posts and keep most of the chatty stuff for the Offworld areas (which don't add to your post count).
      I have improved on attempting to post something that expresses opinions so that people will actually reply to it, and yes, i do agree, i am one little chatter box, i'm a young person with no life yet, I now spend time mostly in the Stargate Fandom and and the other Scifi/Fantasy forums I think i have to work on 'making every post count', i can at least say, more than 75 percent of my post count is actually something more than "oh i agree", one word responses, "whatever", and stuff like that, which makes me happy enough
      Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
        I'll give you a hint ... Haha...
        OMG, SOOO negligent of me. Sorry about that! That was truly embarassing. Hey you're unbolded again.
        Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
        more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
          I have improved on attempting to post something that expresses opinions so that people will actually reply to it, and yes, i do agree, i am one little chatter box, i'm a young person with no life yet, I now spend time mostly in the Stargate Fandom and and the other Scifi/Fantasy forums I think i have to work on 'making every post count', i can at least say, more than 75 percent of my post count is actually something more than "oh i agree", one word responses, "whatever", and stuff like that, which makes me happy enough
          Yeah, I respect that everyone has different typing styles and methodologies, just like talking in the real world. I myself am a mix... I like the occasional quip or comment but more long, winding rants too. You guys must be really dedicated, as you haven't been here for that long either and you're always on, answering questions and posting your opinions and stuff.

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version

Comment

Originally posted by Torley
            Yeah, I respect that everyone has different typing styles and methodologies, just like talking in the real world. I myself am a mix... I like the occasional quip or comment but more long, winding rants too. You guys must be really dedicated, as you haven't been here for that long either and you're always on, answering questions and posting your opinions and stuff.
            Well you have been a member less time than i have had, about a month and a couple of days, so maybe thats why we have such a 'post gap' . I vow to now post with more heart! That sounded 'strong', but yes, ok, time to start posting 'strong' comments now
            Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

LOL, I can make no excuses. I am busy at war with the Replicators, which is why my attention is diverted elsewhere... j/k But thanks. Haha.

Yes, we must encourage each other!

Onwards ho!!!

Comment

Yes, I post quite a bit but I think I've slowed myself down. Last week I managed to get a few posts gathered in two days. If I done that ALL the time, I'd be in the 10's of thousands
                __

__

Comment

I've been having fun making my own avs. Made 3 of Nirrti, 2 of Nirrti/Jonas, 2 of Luke, an Amaterasu, a Hathor, and a Sam/Pete. Plus my smirky Bastet. Whether or not I'll actually use any of them is another story...

Comment

And another Nirrti and a couple of McKay...

edit: plus a couple more Hathor and 4 of Levant.
                    Last edited by ShadowMaat; 27 July 2004, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Hmmm...jobs of a mod? lol *votes*
                      __

__

Comment

I don't wanna be a mod. I'd have to be nice to people! *shudders* I have a heap of avs, now, 98% of which I'll probably never use.

Amaterasu: 2
                        Bastet: 1 (need to find more and better pics)
                        Brad Wright: 1
                        Cammy: 1 (need to find better pics of him too)
                        David Hewlett: 2 (from Nothing)
                        Hathor: 3
                        Jonas: 11
                        Levant/Gunn: 4
                        Luke: 2
                        Nirrti: 4
                        Nirrti/Jonas: 3
                        Peter DeLuise: 2
                        McKay: 2
                        Sam/Pete: 2

Queued up for my next fit of boredom: Grogan! I have 5 pics to play with. And three or four more Jonas pics.
                        Last edited by ShadowMaat; 11 August 2004, 05:35 AM.

Comment

Wow Shadow, you've certainly been working hard at those avatars. I doubt you'll use many of them, ever. I still have a load of avatars of Anubis and I haven't used them yet. Some may wonder, why make them?
                          __

__

Comment

I've just counted through all my Anubis pictures and I have an amazing 21 differnet pictures. Of course, they're not all for avatars but I'll be shrinking their size sooner or later for avatars!
                            __

__

Comment

I have close to 60. It's sad. I just have this overwhelming compulsion to av things. I do it when I'm bored... so I wind up doing it a lot. I'm still figuring out sizing issues and stuff like that. I uploaded a bunch to my website but I've since realized most of 'em are a hair off in dimensions and the forum doesn't like that. You can't exceed 60x65 and 65x60 doesn't cut it. *sigh*

Might eventually make them available to anyone interested, but for now I'm still stockpiling 'em. For no good reason.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                                I have close to 60. It's sad. I just have this overwhelming compulsion to av things. I do it when I'm bored... so I wind up doing it a lot. I'm still figuring out sizing issues and stuff like that. I uploaded a bunch to my website but I've since realized most of 'em are a hair off in dimensions and the forum doesn't like that. You can't exceed 60x65 and 65x60 doesn't cut it. *sigh*

Might eventually make them available to anyone interested, but for now I'm still stockpiling 'em. For no good reason.

Well, you have avatars of all different people, I want to stick just to Anubis! So I have less to do! Oh well, I'll just add some other characters to the pics in the background! If only the avatar size was about 100x100 max. That would be eprfect for some of my pictures.
                                __

__

Comment

Working...
                                X