This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ooooh. I get it now!

I was wondering why I didn't have much of a choice on Avatars.

I'm ready to get rid of the old bald guy in my avatar space.

Comment

But...the old bald guy is funny! Anyway, when do we see new avatars open up?
      sigpic

Comment

I like when forums base ranks around postcount, however this usually leads to abuse from people posting nonsense to raise their postcount and look cooler.

Comment

I actually quite like my Avatar at present I have to say. He looks refined and mature, like a fine wine. I could cope with looking like this in thirty years time or whatever.
          sum ergo cogitum
          I am therefore I think.

Comment

Originally posted by FixxxeR
            I like when forums base ranks around postcount, however this usually leads to abuse from people posting nonsense to raise their postcount and look cooler.
            Eh. It's hard to tell who's posting just to up their post count and who's simply going off on a wild conversation. Those used to happen on the old boards, too, so there's no reason to assume that every one is simply intended to drive up post counts. I'm probably one of the guilty-looking ones, but I can honestly say that most of the time I'm posting because I have something to say... or because I'm trying to keep up with a convo. Getting my post count up is a nice side effect, but it isn't essential, and if the convos had happened Offworld, I'd have posted just as much... or probably more, since I wouldn't be as worried about going off topic.

That being said, yes, I can think of a few people who are almost certainly "wasting" posts in order to drive their count up. For instance, the ones who post and then immediately reply to their own post...
            Last edited by ShadowMaat; 17 May 2004, 03:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
              Eh. It's hard to tell who's posting just to up their post count and who's simply going off on a wild conversation.
              Speaking of which, I've been offline since Friday and when I left you were in the 300's and I get back and you're in the 500's. You've been racking up posts in that Sam/Jack shipper thread talking about the Sam/Jack love haven't you?

(Don't hurt me)

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Yes, I admit it, I've secretly become a rabid Sam/Jack shipper. I've been posting madly away in the Anti Pete thread, too. Yup yup yup. Guess my secret is out...

Actually, I was kinda horrified when I realized I'd left TF somewhere in the dust. I hadn't realized all my snarking with fours and lmj had gotten QUITE so carried away. I'm making perfectly valid posts like a good little girl, too, so hopefully that'll make up for any bad behavior. hehe. Although being me, "bad behavior" is almost second nature...

Comment

Well, as long as there are good Teal'c avatars, I won't mind slowly working my way up.

Comment

I have a question.. I can only access the Stargate avatars.. you know, the gate, the DHD.. etc.. I have reached Prim'tah status and I have seen others with that same rank that have had cast members and such as their avatar. Why can't I choose any of those? When i use the drop down box and try to select the team or allies... nothing happens.. HELP!! thanks!

Lexa
                    Lexa

AWW Tartersauce! - Spongebob Squarepants

Comment

On the Edit Avatar screen, under where it says "Avatar Category" and above the pics of the gate, there is a box with "General Stargate (6 choices)" in it. At the right of that box should be a little arrow pointing down. If you click on that arrow a whole load of new choices will appear.

Hope that helps.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                        On the Edit Avatar screen, under where it says "Avatar Category" and above the pics of the gate, there is a box with "General Stargate (6 choices)" in it. At the right of that box should be a little arrow pointing down. If you click on that arrow a whole load of new choices will appear.
                        I am able to access the drop down box and highlight "Main Characters" as well as the others, but when I highlight it, nothing happens. I have tried double clicking on it, highlighting and pushing the "go" button.. but the choices for me never change.. they just keep showing the same "gate" choices..

Lexa
                        Lexa

Comment

Hmmm ... that's strange. Sorry about that! From your description, I would guess that it may be a browser issue. Do you have an alternate browser / machine you could try it out on?
                          GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                          The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                          Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
                            Hmmm ... that's strange. Sorry about that! From your description, I would guess that it may be a browser issue. Do you have an alternate browser / machine you could try it out on?
                            I may try it from home.. sometimes there are things I can do from my home computer that I am unable to do from my work computer.. and vice versa. I am technologically challanged, so if it doesn't work when I hit the first button I tend to freak out a bit.. thanks for your help!
                            Lexa

Comment

So are there any Asgard Avatars once you get to a certain level? *secretly hopes so*

Phil
                              Teal'c: I believe a medical attack could be successful.
                              Jack: Surgical attack Teal'c. It's called a surgical attack.

Comment

Curious........could you please post the recipe for Jaffa cakes?

Comment

Working...
                                X