This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rocket4477
    Thanks Miguel, what a nice thing to say!
    Hehe, no problem Now i feel all special, well yah, maybe not, haha... *Looks for a dr. pepper *...
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Is a green reputation block worth 4 points? Or does the "Latest Reputation Received" table just show the last green block and I can't see the other three green ones?

If it is worth 4 points, what is the value of a red reputation block?

If it is not, how can I see all reputation points given to me?

(To clarify, I got my first green block yesterday, and my initial 10 reputation points are now 14 points. I just wondered why.)
      No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
      (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

I don't know if I like this whole reputation thing...I just got a red reputation, for a post i made a month ago...And in the post all I said was that I liked an episode...

That kinda upsets me...It makes no sense...Unless someone made a mistake or something...

now i'm sad
        Daniel:Nyet
        Jack: Daniel?
        Daniel: He just asked me if we were Soviet Spies. I just...
        Jack: Nyet???

Comment

Originally posted by crazylinguist
          I don't know if I like this whole reputation thing...I just got a red reputation, for a post i made a month ago...And in the post all I said was that I liked an episode...

That kinda upsets me...It makes no sense...Unless someone made a mistake or something...

now i'm sad
          Some people are just dumb (wonder how many reds I'm going to get for that). They give out bad rep points for really no good reason, they give out good rep points for no good reason. I think the reason why they are given should be stated, especially if there is nothing offensive in the post.
          Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
          RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

Originally posted by NightGloom
            Some people are just dumb (wonder how many reds I'm going to get for that). They give out bad rep points for really no good reason, they give out good rep points for no good reason. I think the reason why they are given should be stated, especially if there is nothing offensive in the post.

Yeah. They should leave some sort of comment.This person..I don't know....All i can think of is they are randomly clicking buttons...

Ah well. i suppose it isn't a huge deal.

Comment

Originally posted by crazylinguist
              Yeah. They should leave some sort of comment.This person..I don't know....All i can think of is they are randomly clicking buttons...

Ah well. i suppose it isn't a huge deal.
              Yeah, don't worry about it- if it starts to bother you, do what I did and turn the whole darn thing off. I just had this major revelation today that this whole "reputation" thing shouldn't really matter. What is someone going to do? Look at the your reputation and ignore the rest of your posts because it's not up to the highest standard?

I'm probably going to get some major red points for this, but LIGHTEN UP! Some people are way too serious and somewhat self-centered (for the lack of a better word) and they don't like it if your opinion differs from their own. And it's a TELEVISION SHOW, it's not like we're on here trying to create a nuclear bomb or a cure for cancer or something major. We're on here because we share a common interest in Stargate and/or other Sci Fi media. Don't give someone a bad rep because they share a different opinion than you do. Sure, I understand if there is something personally offensive in her/his post, but not if it's just someone's differing opinion.
              Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
              RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

Yeah, I won't worry. Not a big deal.
                If people want to give me red points because they can...let em..! Red is a nice color too...lol

Thanx

Comment

hey nightgloom
                  The people are all giving me red points.The only thing I do is try to live in the caracter of Anubis.And some people don't like that so they gave me red points.I said I'll stop it but they didn't gave me green points for that Now mine is red.I disabbeled it but still I don't know who is giving me these red points and I'm new.So can I know who is giving me red points.I want green points!!!I looked at the red block of mine and there came a window with _Anubis is going to be banished to a Goa'uld mine.Does that mean I'm going to be banned from the GateWorld site?What is the point of a good reputation and why can everybody give you that.Can't the system work like you get green points from the moderators if you play by the rules and if you are polite and red points when you insult other people?Can everybody give red points?How do you do that?
                  Let me know please
                  Lord Zedd

Comment

_Anubis, don't try living in a particular character, it just doesn't work. I also noticed at the beginning of your posts you kept saying "Hi, I'm Anubis" for a certain while. You can get reputation for all different reasons. If you make good quality posts and good points/discussions, then sure your reputation will raise by a significant amount, I noticed. I don't post as much as I ever used to, simply because I want to add some quality to my posts.

There is no way that you can see who gave you the reputation unless they actually leave their name, but then again, what would you do if you DID know who it was, give them a bad reputation point too? It works both ways really.
                    __

__

Comment

First off, reputation doesn't mean a thing.

However, putting that aside, the best advice I can give is to just be yourself. Unless you're a complete idiot. Seriously, though- don't try to post in character, don't try to please everyone, don't try to be antagonistic, just write what comes naturally. But if "naturally" includes running off at the mouth (or keyboard) then, maybe, restrain yourself a bit. Try and have some meaningful content in your posts and make sure you're ON TOPIC. Don't post just for the sake of posting and don't hold private conversations in the middle of a thread. That's what PM and email are for. Or the Off Topic session if you're industrious and don't mind interlopers.

You'll get used to this place. It's a lot friendlier than most, at least in my experience.

Comment

The reputation system is suppose to be for kicks -- it will never get anyone banned or affect forum access priviledges.

Also keep in mind that one vote does not always equal one point. Your "reputation-altering power" goes up with your reputation, length of membership, and other factors -- so a newbie with 10 posts doesn't have as much reputation sway as someone who has been here for a year and has a high reputation from other members.

Darren

Comment

I have like 10 greens, and like 4 reds, and a whole lot of nuetrals, and my reputation hasn't changed at all.

Still at green block 1.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                          [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

The number of blocks takes aaaaaages to change. It will though, when you get enough rep points.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                              The number of blocks takes aaaaaages to change. It will though, when you get enough rep points.
                              Ooo

But thanks for the answer!!

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                              [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

They give reputation points on here I'm in as much trouble as the entire human race if Jack is indeed the next step in human evolution. I'm sure Thor meant Sam, sure!!

I'm only kidding. Good idea though, nice little messabout. Not come across it before. Not online, we used to have beads at Brownies (kinda like Girl Scouts) and a green one was good and a black one bad.... oh those were the days.

Well, I'm waffling and Straying, but just thought I'd poke my nose in and say hi! Feel free to slate me, it'd be as funny as heck - two days here and a terrible reputation!! Hahaha

Tracy Jane x
                                Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Working...
                                X