Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Test out the friending thing.It should work.
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Nope. Can only add to the ignore list
      Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Wonderful signatures by wonderful people.(Not me thus =] )
      My secret: .. .- -- -- .- .-. .-. .. . -.. - --- -- .- .--- --- .-. .-.. --- .-. -. .

Comment

Ah well.Test failed.You can friend who you like soon enough though.

IIRC that was yet another loophole and social contact Spammers and other nuisances forced us to close.

Comment

Hmm, spammers have to ruin it for us all.
          Love your sig btw

My secret: .. .- -- -- .- .-. .-. .. . -.. - --- -- .- .--- --- .-. .-.. --- .-. -. .

Comment

Originally posted by Siara.Corvus View Post
            Hmm, spammers have to ruin it for us all.
            Love your sig btw
            The light in the eye is quite dazzling also
            http://youtu.be/mXiMpdrapgg(Lazlo's latest movie "Space Captain"http://orionspace.info/index.php Lazlo's home
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Lazlo View Post
              The light in the eye is quite dazzling also
              It is
              I'm starting to see a pattern here..

Comment

Okay. I'm brand new, too. What about a contest that says you will be informed of winning by PM?

Comment

Originally posted by Gail View Post
                  Okay. I'm brand new, too. What about a contest that says you will be informed of winning by PM?
                  The exception to probie rules is moderators can PM you.
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Thank you, jelgate. Any and all advice gratefully taken.

Comment

Oh! Another question!
                      Is probie status limiting who I can green?

Comment

Hi Gail.

I think you're referring to the Contest you entered here : view post 1

If you go to the last post here : see post you'll see how we'll get the notification through to the winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Siara.Corvus View Post
                          Oh! Another question!
                          Is probie status limiting who I can green?
                          Probably.
                          Green doesn't have an expiry date nor does it come with an obligation to reciprocate.
                          Just check through your control panel when you're able to and decide who you wish to give reputation points to.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                            Probably.
                            Green doesn't have an expiry date nor does it come with an obligation to reciprocate.
                            Just check through your control panel when you're able to and decide who you wish to give reputation points to.
                            Ah.
                            I'm nice enough to reciprocate all the green I got

Thanks again

Comment

We are experimenting with something for probies.

It is very frustrating for new folks to get involved in the fun and games folder or the role play and have their probie status not allow them to participate fully. And, in the case of the games especially, a delay in clearing their post can result in them, inadvertently, messing up the game.

So we're experimenting with not allowing probies access to the fun and games and role play as long as they are on a probie status.

This allows them to join in with others, without accidentally stirring up ill will by messing up games and it also gives them time to join in with the rest of the forum without also dealing with the pressure of role play organizers pulling them into a game their probie status doesn't allow them to play fully.

I don't know if things will stay this way or not. We'll discuss it further among the mods. But a thought is that we can remove some of the stress and frustration of trying to participate in the parts of the forum that require full and timely access.
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I suppose that could work. Makes sure probies get a good foot in the community, a feel of how things work and who's who.

Comment

Working...
                                X