Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

some people can only get dial up depending on where you live. some compines don't reach to everyone in rural areas in the states.

and i believe skydiver still has dial up when she is at home and she seems to not have any trouble that i know of.

hell i would love to go back to dial up compared to what i'm paying for high speed internet
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

err, sif delete my open invitation to participate in my public page. there will be many lols to be had.

Comment

Shweet I was wondering if you were going to to upgrade to 3.7 or not, and if so whether you were going to give us access to all the new social networking features.

Shweet

Originally posted by wkw427
        Kinda late.. My other forum got this update about 4 motnhs ago. We don't really use the profiles anymore.. :\
        3.7 was still in beta testing 4 months ago, it only went gold on May 1st. So not really you, you were early.
        Last edited by Col. Newman; 07 May 2008, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
          We are very excited about the buckets full of new forum features that are included in the latest version of the vBulletin software, which was just released and is coming to GateWorld in the next week or so!

Check out these threads to read more about what is new in vB 3.7:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=249460
          http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=268833

The most significant front-end additions that you will get to play with include:

New Profile Pages. Your profile page can act like a MySpace or Facebook social networking hub, with ...
          Reciprocal Friends List. Make buddies on the forum and keep track of them.
          Photo Albums. Create your own albums and share photos with friends. Post public comments on individual photos.
          Public Messages. Now members can post comments on your profile page (like Facebook's "The Wall").
          Social Groups. Join a public group -- fans of a certain character or 'ship, convention attendees, etc. -- or create a new one! Comes with "Invite Only" and "Moderated Membership" options for private groups.
          Lightbox viewer for inline images. Sweeet.

We will have more to say as we roll this out in the very near future (i.e. - when Darren is done with final exams). Stay tuned!

stargate omega has upgraded to the latest version so this is what it's going to look like ( big pictures)

the VB verison of the wall/comment section and what the profile section will look like
          Spoiler:

new options
          Spoiler:

new options 2

Spoiler:

contact screen

Spoiler:

stats

Spoiler:

if you would like me to add more i will just let me know

i hope this clears a few things up....NOTE i didn't screencap the social group section due to it being empty so nothing to show

SECOND NOTE you can set it up that your email is not showing ...by unchecking the option "Receive Email from Other Members"
          Last edited by Pharaoh Atem; 07 May 2008, 04:41 PM.

Comment

hmm, the stats are pretty basic. It would be cool if they were to include stats like 'character/post ratio (CPR)', 'pm/day ratio (PDR)' and 'reputation/day ratio' (RDR) etc. Also, stats need to be organised into a table which is able to be sorted by the various stats. That way you can get a top10 list. Top10 RDR would be pretty cool.

Comment

.: Pretty cool

.: Just please, for the love of god don't allow music on the pages. It takes forever to load ...

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                .: Pretty cool

.: Just please, for the love of god don't allow music on the pages. It takes forever to load ...
                Spoiler:
                No it does not .

Comment

Mappalazarou approves.
                  I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                  Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Question, are we going to be able to do custom titles within our new flashy profiles?
                    sigpic
                    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                    Stargate : Genesis |
                    Original Starship DesignThread
                    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                    11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
                      Question, are we going to be able to do custom titles within our new flashy profiles?
                      i hope not i think the mods will have enough fun modding the new profiles

Comment

Your user title that appears below your username on posts won't be customizable. But it looks like there is a decent amount of customization you can do with your profile page (relative to right now, which is next to nothing).
                        GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                        The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                        Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

So, when are your finals, Darren?
                          || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                            These will be added-on features, meaning if you don't want to use them you don't have to. The rest of the forum (and the forum folders and threads are still fundamentally what this forum is) remains the same.

You won't be able to choose between "old style" and "new style" on your profile page. Not sure about moderation of public posts on your profile. You may be able to disable it, and I think you will be able to admin comments on your own profile page to keep out stuff you don't want there.
                            will we still be able to switch between the old and new forum skins still ???

Comment

Both good questions.

Finals ended Thursday, and I've told Greg that he can implement vB 3.7 here at his leisure.

Not sure if we will be able to keep the old forum skin around, now that you mention it. We will have to see how much the templates need to be fixed once 3.7 arrives!
                              GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                              The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                              Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

It sounds really good, I can't wait to see how everything will look
                                sigpic
                                Knowledge is power, but how do you use that power defines whether you are good or evil

Comment

Working...
                                X