This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
    And leave the loser KNOWING that he/she is a loser and that people don't like them and don't want them as a mod? Yeah, real nice plan...
    okay okay, calm down...dont get all tetchy.
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

And leave the loser KNOWING that he/she is a loser and that people don't like them and don't want them as a mod? Yeah, real nice plan...
      Well.... I have to admit the thought did cross my mind about that Show...can't think of the name....where the celebrities are done in claymation

and I will admit to getting a small chuckle out of the thought
      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

If they were chosen to be elected to be a mod then they should be mature enough to not let that sort of thing effect them.
        Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

i think it's fun to see who wants to be a mod and who wants someone to be a mod.

ultimate decision is up to darren and he'll decide when/if we need more and ask our input as to who that should be
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

It's a bad idea. However, if it's elections for moderators for the Alternate Universes section, I would somewhat be for that. And I'd nominate my self for moderator for the Lost, Smallville, and Star Trek sections since I frequently visit there a lot. And yes, I somewhat bragging, and yes, it's a habit.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos View Post
              It's a bad idea. However, if it's elections for moderators for the Alternate Universes section, I would somewhat be for that. And I'd nominate my self for moderator for the Lost, Smallville, and Star Trek sections since I frequently visit there a lot. And yes, I somewhat bragging, and yes, it's a habit.
              Knowing yourself is the first step to World Power
              Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
                Knowing yourself is the first step to World Power
                Indeed
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
                  Well.... I have to admit the thought did cross my mind about that Show...can't think of the name....where the celebrities are done in claymation
                  MTv's Celebrity Deathmatch?

*chuckle*

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
                    Does anyone else think that we should be able to vote for someone to become a moderator, someone who can speak for the people and spread enlightenment to a place where there once was none.
                    No.
                    sigpic

Comment

Aweful idea, moderating needs to be done by the best people for the job, not the most popular people.
                      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                      - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Agreed. Dreadful idea.

Shareholders can elect board members when they pay for the service.

Gateworld is a free service and those paying for it should decide who governs what aspects. I respect Darren's judgement and am grateful for Gateworld itself.
                        "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

I am actually amazed how often this topic comes up in one thread or another.

Darren has created a playground for the rest of us to play in, to have fun and to enjoy to the best that so many people can. It doing this there is a responsiblity that Darren takes quite seriously in keeping this place as fun and as safe as possible, the choice of mods is a big part of that responsiblity so I would rather not have elections and just trust Darren and the other mods judgements.

On the other hand it would be nice to know who is interested in being a mod, gives Darren and the mods a list to work with and the rest of us some opportunity to give those interested a hard time
                          Last edited by Rosehawk; 28 October 2006, 09:10 PM.
                          sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Does anyone else think that we should be able to vote for someone to become a moderator, someone who can speak for the people and spread enlightenment to a place where there once was none.
                            I have to disagree. It's Darren's world, his servers, his time, his money. He needs people with which he can work and depend.

my two cents.
                            sigpic

Selmak.Org ~ A website dedicated to a Snarky Symbiote & Her Boy Toys.
                            Sel's Memorial to Don Davis.

Comment

if everyone is going to say no to this idea then im going to say yes, but i think that if there were to be elections,of course darren and crew would have to agree to it 1st i would not like to force it to them its just an idea if they want it maybe we can call that mod a member of the forums IOA ?

but if he/she does a bad job at being an elected mod then they will get fired from the job simple as that and we wont have to try this again

just my two cents

Comment

Originally posted by FORDs Follower View Post
                                if everyone is going to say no to this idea then im going to say yes, but i think that if there were to be elections,of course darren and crew would have to agree to it 1st i would not like to force it to them its just an idea if they want it maybe we can call that mod a member of the forums IOA ?

but if he/she does a bad job at being an elected mod then they will get fired from the job simple as that and we wont have to try this again

just my two cents
                                yeh I think that if elected they should get a review week where the people can see what they're like as mods and then after the week we all decide whether to keep them or elect another.
                                I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                                Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Working...
                                X