Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yo peeps, I'mma having a slight issue thingie here.

See, when I get Visitor Messages and all, I get a "One Notification" thingie up top, highlighting the area with blue and stuff. Normal, am I right? Well, this message is listed as an "Unapproved Visitor Message", as it was sent by a guy on the new sorta-probation where they can't get greened and can't edit their posts or something. Yeah, I clicked the notification bar... and the blueness isn't going. It still says I have 2 Unapproved Visitor Messages up there, but not in my Control Panel or anything. Kinda annoying. Just curious what's up with that.

I've tried logging out, hit the notification button like ten times, viewed my profile and the messages in question twenty times...

So what's up?

EDIT: Now I have three notification blue thingies. Not cool forum. Not cool.
    Last edited by MattSilver 3k; 10 November 2010, 10:01 AM.
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

It' a glitch that happens sometimes. Post a message in you own profile and delete it, or delete some of the existing messages and hopefully it'll go away.
      sigpic

Comment

Okay, I've had a thrilling conversation with myself about Herps and Derps, and have since deleted it... I guess I'll stick with hoping for the best for a bit. Thanks anyway, Jasmina.
        ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

Comment

If I remember correctly, I had the same issue some time ago when I was chatting with a Probie. The notification disappeared after her messages were, uh, approved.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
            Yo peeps, I'mma having a slight issue thingie here.

See, when I get Visitor Messages and all, I get a "One Notification" thingie up top, highlighting the area with blue and stuff. Normal, am I right? Well, this message is listed as an "Unapproved Visitor Message", as it was sent by a guy on the new sorta-probation where they can't get greened and can't edit their posts or something. Yeah, I clicked the notification bar... and the blueness isn't going. It still says I have 2 Unapproved Visitor Messages up there, but not in my Control Panel or anything. Kinda annoying. Just curious what's up with that.

I've tried logging out, hit the notification button like ten times, viewed my profile and the messages in question twenty times...

So what's up?

EDIT: Now I have three notification blue thingies. Not cool forum. Not cool.
            Did you approve the VMs? If not, do that and see if it goes away.
            A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
              Did you approve the VMs? If not, do that and see if it goes away.
              Dude, there is no "Approve" button. It's not even a probie - it's Evil Space Alien, aka someone who's been here for years, who's under some weird probation thing and being moderated or something for something. The VM's even say, "This is a moderated message", which is great and all, but I gotta wonder why I'm being punished for it by some weird kinda side effect. 'Tis a conspiracy... Or a mod has to process them or something. Still, it's a very annoying little glitch. Making me paranoid and stuff... See, I even have my paranoid shades on.

Comment

Oh, sorry. Didn't notice who were the messages from. I'll see what I can do about it as soon as I can.
                sigpic

Comment

Dude, there is no "Approve" button. It's not even a probie - it's Evil Space Alien, aka someone who's been here for years, who's under some weird probation thing and being moderated or something for something. The VM's even say, "This is a moderated message", which is great and all, but I gotta wonder why I'm being punished for it by some weird kinda side effect. 'Tis a conspiracy... Or a mod has to process them or something. Still, it's a very annoying little glitch. Making me paranoid and stuff... See, I even have my paranoid shades on.
                  maybe once the messages are approved or whatever, the glitchiness will go?
                  sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

No need to get all "dude" on me. And...

Actually there is. You need to check the box of the message you want to approve. Then go down to "Moderation Tools" and click that, then select "Approve Messages" and then click "Proceed". That should work. That's what you have to do, too when "Probies" post on your profile and the mods haven't gotten to it yet. You can also try approving and then re-approving the messages again to make the notification(s) go away.

Comment

The 'find all posts by' feature is shagged. Posts aren't being recorded past yesterdays meltdown.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                        The 'find all posts by' feature is shagged. Posts aren't being recorded past yesterdays meltdown.
                        http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...Forums-Outages

better off posting that in here
                        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

You can use Google while the issue is being sorted out:

type in "site:forum.gateworld.net" first and then your search term.

All other advanced options are possible.

Comment

Hello.

I was directed here. I was wondering after 2 seasons why there weren't any SGU emoticons.

Cheers, webgurl
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by imwebgurl View Post
                              Hello.

I was directed here. I was wondering after 2 seasons why there weren't any SGU emoticons.

Cheers, webgurl
                              Thats only a question Darren can answer
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

When are coming more SGU avatars? Right now there are no SGU ones in main characters block for example.

Comment

Working...
                                X