• Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you create a poll?

Comment

Originally posted by RuleBritannia
      How do you create a poll?
      see above.

The mods moved your threads in here (clearly without telling you for some reason). This is a good place for those types of questions.

If any og your recent posts disappear, they've either been moved, or deleted. You can find them again by clicking on your name, and going down to 'find all posts by...'
      I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Originally posted by jonno
        The mods moved your threads in here (clearly without telling you for some reason). This is a good place for those types of questions.

If any of your recent posts disappear, they've either been moved, or deleted. You can find them again by clicking on your name, and going down to 'find all posts by...'
        If the mods personally notified every person who's thread we moved or merged, that's all we'd be doing all day (recently, we move/merge anywhere between 20 and 50 threads a day...per mod). As you said, the subscriptions and post histories are automatically updated, so most people can figure out on their own where their posts have gone.
        Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

When editing my sig why do i have to put a URL for a picture why cant i just upload one from my PC

Comment

When editing my sig why do i have to put a URL for a picture why cant i just upload one from my PC
            Because then GateWorld would have to host it, and with over 12,000 members that adds up to a lot of kilobytes.
            Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
              I will never ignore anyone.

This is a discussion board. If I can just ignore some other people's opinions, then it won't be much of one.

IMHO, of course. I feel pretty strongly about it.
              Well I agree with you but what one person sees as discussion another may see as flamming and I have no time for flamming.

Comment

What do reputation points mean?

Comment

What do reputation points mean?
                  Answers to basic questions like this can be found here:

X-treme guide to Gateworld

Gateworld FAQ

How to get a good reputation

Rep points, the universe and everything

EDIT: I forgot the most important one that lists all these other help threads:

Handy Forum tutorial

Bye, A.
                  Last edited by Arlessiar; 14 March 2006, 01:42 PM.
                  ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                  ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Anyone else having trouble staying logged in?

I log in and save settings but if I leave GW and then come back I am sent to the log in page. *I have asked the Mods*

Just wondering if anyone else has this problem?

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
                      If the mods personally notified every person who's thread we moved or merged, that's all we'd be doing all day (recently, we move/merge anywhere between 20 and 50 threads a day...per mod). As you said, the subscriptions and post histories are automatically updated, so most people can figure out on their own where their posts have gone.
                      Good point

Couldn't there be some kind of automatically generated PM to a thread starter if their thread is moved / merged?

Comment

Good point

Couldn't there be some kind of automatically generated PM to a thread starter if their thread is moved / merged?
                        The easiest thing a person can do IF they are worried about where a thread went OR a post went is to look at their own personal post.... theres a drop down menu on your name ..click on Find all posts by.... in looking at their own personal post they can find the post that is missing to them click on it and it will take them to the thread.... If they have subscribed...It should just change the name of the subscription if it doesn't and I am full of blarney... then they can re-subscribe to the newly merged thread right then
                        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                          The easiest thing a person can do IF they are worried about where a thread went OR a post went is to look at their own personal post.... theres a drop down menu on your name ..click on Find all posts by.... in looking at their own personal post they can find the post that is missing to them click on it and it will take them to the thread.... If they have subscribed...It should just change the name of the subscription if it doesn't and I am full of blarney... then they can re-subscribe to the newly merged thread right then
                          True. And that's fine most of the time, particularly with those of us who've now been around a while. Except we've a lot of new members atm, who may not realise this sort of thing.

Just thinking - as we've had so many new members, perhaps Darren could put up one of those glowing orangey announcements for a couple of weeks - perhaps duplicating his 'Handy Forum Tutorials' thread, but making it more obvious and accessible?

Comment

True. And that's fine most of the time, particularly with those of us who've now been around a while. Except we've a lot of new members atm, who may not realise this sort of thing.

Just thinking - as we've had so many new members, perhaps Darren could put up one of those glowing orangey announcements for a couple of weeks - perhaps duplicating his 'Handy Forum Tutorials' thread, but making it more obvious and accessible?
                            We are in the process of discussing some different ways to alleviate this problem already.....

Your GateWorld tax dollars at work
                            Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                              We are in the process of discussing some different ways to alleviate this problem already.....

Your GateWorld tax dollars at work
                              Ooh - cool!

Pity I didn't give any tax to you

Comment

Pity I didn't give any tax to you
                                people like you are the reason I had to retire as a mod - I wasn't getting paid my full quota of magic beans!

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X