This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by captainpash
    Yes I can see. You guys are way offtopic. I mean come on it is like the offtopic forums with post count on.
    Not at all. The following question was asked by Gatehorse

Originally posted by gatehorse
    Can someone help me? I never really understood Major Clanger's spoon. what's it all about?
    The piece you quoted was an explanation of the spoon's history from Clanger herself.
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Bad example. There was about two pages with out a fraking question.
      Lastest Episode: Alliances, Part One

Comment

Since this is a general help thread, here goes, this question is to any person who bought the Region 1 set of Stargate Atlantis.

Are there any scene selections? I popped in Disc three and can't find scene selections as an option. On the main menu I click episodes and then the actual episode and then the episode just starts with no option for scene selection. Is this normal? If it is, I am VERY dissatisfied with this set, how can there not be any scene selection? There has been on eight seasons of Stargate.

Comment

Originally posted by KatG
          What spoon? There is no spoon. 8)

Seriously, I don't know how it came about. It seems that it's always been with us, since the very early days.

It's purpose is to keep people in line, or to administer payback for calling the Clanger a PFRT. It can only be thwarted by using a handy dandy super spoon-guard. We used to have quite a few laying around.

*rummages around in the dark corners of GW*

Ah here. Have one.

>>--------------<

It's usually very effective.
          Ah, thank you. that helps.

Oh, and....PFRT? Dare I ask what that is?
          gatehorse

lj here if you're interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger
            I hope you're not implying that I'm old...

Drat, Kat, I thought I'd thrown the last of those spoon guards on the bonfire...

as to the spoon's purpose: anyone seen Robin Hood - Prince of Thieves?
            The only Robin Hood I've seen is Men in Tights But I understand what the spoon is for now.
            gatehorse

Comment

Originally posted by HirogenGater
              Are there any scene selections? I popped in Disc three and can't find scene selections as an option. On the main menu I click episodes and then the actual episode and then the episode just starts with no option for scene selection. Is this normal?
              Yup. It made me mad too. If you want to go to the middle of an epi, you have to FF leik woah.

*~S.T.A.K.S.~*~LiveJournal Leik Woah~*

"Dosmrti, dosmrti na to nezapomenu."

Comment

Originally posted by gatehorse
                Ah, thank you. that helps.

Oh, and....PFRT? Dare I ask what that is?
                *whispers*

Pink, Furry, Rat,Thing.

It's what I mistakenly called the Clanger upon first sight. Notice I said mistakenly. Nowadays I do it on purpose.
                Last edited by KatG; 30 January 2006, 05:09 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KatG
                  *whispers*

Pink, Furry, Rat,Thing.

It's what I mistakenly called the Clanger upon first sight. Notice I said mistakenly. Nowadays I do it on purpose.
                  What a way to make a good impression.
                  gatehorse

Comment

Okay, so I want to give someone green, someone I have never given green to before, and it comes up with that I have to spread it around before I can give to this person..why, if I've never given to them before, and I can apparently, give it to someone else in the thread that I don't wish to give green to?
                    I tend to see the forest, not the trees, so what am I missing in this senario?

Comment

There is only a certain total amount of rep that you can give out in one day after that it gives that message so try again tomorrow

BTW Hallowed is the spoon!!!

Edit: read the post properly if you can give it to someone else then thats weird shouldnt be happening
                      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                      love Torri

Comment

Thanks Qasim...I hadn't given any green for a good 24 hours prior (am I in trouble for that? lol) and I could have given green to someone else in that thread...thats why I've been scratching my head about it..
                        re: the spoon thing, over my head...its nearly 1am here

Comment

Just try again later man if it still doesnt work then maybe their is a bug and Darren/Greg need to be notified
                          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                          love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                            Just try again later man if it still doesnt work then maybe their is a bug and Darren/Greg need to be notified
                            it might be like the "darren effect"...
                            maybe you gave the person rep ages ago and the system hasnt registered that you can give them rep again?, i mean this is a big forum, stuff takes time to filter through.

Comment

Anyone still having trouble subscribing to threads? I cannot for the life of me get that function to work. Anyone have any ideas or info I might have missed in regards to this?

thanks!

Is it November now? How 'bout NOW?! NOW?!!!?!? I want it NOW!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle
                                Anyone still having trouble subscribing to threads? I cannot for the life of me get that function to work. Anyone have any ideas or info I might have missed in regards to this?

thanks!
                                The thread subscription feature has been come and go for the longest time. Many people have had issues with subscribing to threads. If subscribing to threads through your control panel (My controls) doesn't work, try subscribing when you post to a thread.

At the bottom of the "Reply To Thread" window, is a section labelled "Additional Options". One option is "Thread subscription." Select the appropriate option. If this doesn't work, try contacting a mod and seeing if they can help you out.

Also, consider checking the spam/junk/bulk mail folder of your e-mail service. If you try subscribing to many threads (and it works), the high volume of notifications may end up putting GW on the spam list, which usually means the notifications get sent to the spam/junk/bulk folders, or even deleted straight out. You may have to create a filter to allow GW e-mails through. (I have to use a filter, otherwise i'll never get any GW correspondence!).

Comment

Working...
                                X