Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I meant "display" as in "show" spoilers.

Someone's posted something in spoilers and the mobile site won't let me look at it.
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

When did it stop showing you the tagged post content?

What I'm trying to get at is whether you've had an update or a plug in's failed.
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Hard to say,, but at least a month.

I noticed it a while ago, thought "That's odd." and paid it no heed. Until the next time I was on the forum via my phone.
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Ok,thanks.

Can you give me a link to the post that's blocked?

Edit: The mobile version of GW hasn't been changed for quite some time,so this could be a javascript error if you can see the tag but not be able to click on it and see what's underneath.
          You might have to check out your phone manufacturer's help site.
          Last edited by Bagpuss; 13 October 2014, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Post #10015 in "Doctor Who News, Articles, Cast and Crew Interviews".
            sigpic

Comment

Found it.Only text under there is Britta's reply to what Blen asked about.

Try this: go to the post (Link),click on "Reply with quote" and read the piece that's hidden.

Still think you'll need to recheck your browser/java etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Britta View Post
                Go to chrome://flags/#disable-direct-write (put it in the address bar) and click enable on the "Disable Direct Write" option. I can't test this myself as it's a Windows thing and I use Mac, but it looks like the problem.
                thank you!! that worked.

edit: it worked at first, but now it's back to having probs. the font is a better size, but some is too big and not showing up properly. i'll just have to wait until the upgrade fix.
                Last edited by majorsal; 13 October 2014, 02:09 PM.
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Check Settings -> Advanced settings -> Web content. There are font settings. If you click "Customize Fonts" you can alter minimum font size. Try those things.
                  Last edited by Britta; 13 October 2014, 03:00 PM.

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                    Found it.Only text under there is Britta's reply to what Blen asked about.

Try this: go to the post (Link),click on "Reply with quote" and read the piece that's hidden.

Still think you'll need to recheck your browser/java etc.
                    As I said, the problem only happens on the mobile site. Everything's tickety boo on the desktop version.
                    sigpic

Comment

I know the problem's with your phone access.Could be your phone's default browser isn't seeing the posts properly again.

Have you tried clearing the cache etc and re-logging back in on your phone?

If that doesn't work,I'll mail Darren and ask him to check the mobile skin.

ETA : Mailed Darren.
                      Last edited by Bagpuss; 14 October 2014, 02:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                        I know the problem's with your phone access.Could be your phone's default browser isn't seeing the posts properly again.

Have you tried clearing the cache etc and re-logging back in on your phone?

If that doesn't work,I'll mail Darren and ask him to check the mobile skin.

ETA : Mailed Darren.
                        i have the prob too. i just checked again, and it won't open the spoiler tags. now, i'm not logged in when i'm doing this, but i don't know if that has anything to do with it.

i rarely check gateworld forum on my phone, so this isn't that big a deal for me. but if i did play a lot through my phone, this would be a hindrance.
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Opening spoiler tags should be straightforward whether or not we're logged in.
                          (Attachments are a different story- some only show as images in threads after we log into the Forum.)

A lot of the smartphones (Android etc) have a default browser that's partly based on Chrome.There are other free browsers for Cells/iPhone etc that *may* work better on GW and other sites.

Check out webxro's thread : GateWorld Mobile Access Help!

Comment

It's still doing it.
                            sigpic

Comment

Question, does anyone else still run their windows XP and still get a Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool update ? I thought all updates had ended for XP

Edit: Just found out that XP still get it, till July 14th 2015

Nother question. I wonder if this is compatible with my security?, i have Kaspersky
                              Last edited by pookey; 16 October 2014, 05:30 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Ok, new problem with the mobile site.

On some threads, most notably the Hobbit movies one, it's not letting me scroll to the bottom of the page.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X