GateWorld Mobile Access Help !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GateWorld Mobile Access Help !

This topic is dedicate to accessing gateworld from a phone/table/whatever , anything except a laptop .

The most useful application is Opera Mini , that let's you view and interact with HTML 4 webpages with JavaScript included ( like gateworld ) . The application is adapted for a number of devices from old nokia java-phones (like N6555) to iPad .

Another nice function is the zoom function , without it you are blind , just double tap the screen where you want to zoom .

LINKS
    opera.com/mobile/help/faq
    http://www.opera.com/mobile/demo/
    Specs for Opera Mini and Opera Mobile

Thanks to Bagpuss .

Don't forget to green me .
    sigpic
    Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
    StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
    GW member infractions : 1

I have opera mini on my Touch, but it doesn't seem to work. but the safari mobile that comes with it does quite well. I use it almost daily to access GW.

there's a few features that don't work, like the quick navigation at hte bottom right, but the rest does
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

It seems to work well on all my phones , but the best part of Opera Mini is that you can turn off the images to save bandwidth or just lower the quality of images .
      sigpic
      Stargate Mods List

Comment

i my uninstall and reinstall and see if that works

last time i tried to use it it just went nowhere

the only issue i've had with my Touch is, with some routers or the such, it'll connect, but won't come up with any 'agree to our terms and sign on' page, or won't connect, so i thikn there's some security protocol on some routers that doesn't play well with safari....and there is a distinct lack of mini browsers that I thikn would be mainstream enough to get past security protocol.

I know with my laptop, in some hotels, i have to sign on with IE, then switch to FF which is what i'll browse with. So i'm thinking its' a similar issue with mini safari

sigpic

Comment

For Android users I really recommend Dolphin Browser. Its free, fast, has nifty features like multi-touch zooming, bookmarks, add-ons and has the option of turning images off. Autorotate works well, as do text boxes (unlike in many other browsers for Android).
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chocolate_muffin View Post
            For Android users I really recommend Dolphin Browser. Its free, fast, has nifty features like multi-touch zooming, bookmarks, add-ons and has the option of turning images off. Autorotate works well, as do text boxes (unlike in many other browsers for Android).
            Nice , the more browsers we have the better , this gives the GW members more choices .
            sigpic
            Stargate Mods List

Comment

For the iphone/touch family of devices you can always use perfect broswer
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

vBulletin has just announced their new mobile version of the forum software. Rather than being a major feature in a future release, it is a stand-alone product that costs an extra $99. So, for now, it's a no-go for GateWorld.
                GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Well at least this mobile application is free , why pay for that soft when opera mini and other software does the job free .
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Mods List

Comment

So, just out of curiousity, there's no Gateworld app for mobile users? I'm curious because I'm thinking about getting a new phone and would like to know.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RoK View Post
                      So, just out of curiousity, there's no Gateworld app for mobile users? I'm curious because I'm thinking about getting a new phone and would like to know.
                      read darrens post
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by RoK View Post
                        vBulletin has just announced their new mobile version of the forum software. Rather than being a major feature in a future release, it is a stand-alone product that costs an extra $99. So, for now, it's a no-go for GateWorld.

--

posted just up thread

VB has one, but it is a paid app for site owners. So folks will just have to use browsers to access. I access it via the safari on my Touch all the time and it works pretty well.

sigpic

Comment

Alright, I wasn't sure. That does suck. Oh well. Until I get a new phone, I shall just use a computer.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X