Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i know the forums falling apart but is anyone else having this issue with profiles? it should be yellow but instead i'm seeing my background. and yes i did revert my profile back to default and rebuilt it still happen/

Spoiler:
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I'd bet you're seeing someone else's background,crossing over to yours PA.

It's a vBB glitch we know needs fixing,the minute D and G find the code errors.
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

I'm curious why I can't make changes to my profile? I've read over the faqs and have tried everything.
        Todd: Fish in a pond, busy busy, lots to do, here and there. Dry as a desert outside, no place to go. Eat up, get stronger, think and hope, think and hope. Don't look now! Oh, keep dreaming. There must be some other reason for your existence. Defiance tastes like life itself. No river. No water. Die in the desert. Dirt is all around. The harvest moon is rising. Wraith are never-ending. I know the future. Come inside. I'll show you your Destiny... John Sheppard.

Comment

Originally posted by Onealwasoverrated View Post
          I'm curious why I can't make changes to my profile? I've read over the faqs and have tried everything.
          your proabaly still on probie status. http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/5...or-New-Members

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
            your proabaly still on probie status. http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/5...or-New-Members
            Thank you for the quick response. According to my profile I am an Airman now having met the post threshold to be beyond Probie status.
            Todd: Fish in a pond, busy busy, lots to do, here and there. Dry as a desert outside, no place to go. Eat up, get stronger, think and hope, think and hope. Don't look now! Oh, keep dreaming. There must be some other reason for your existence. Defiance tastes like life itself. No river. No water. Die in the desert. Dirt is all around. The harvest moon is rising. Wraith are never-ending. I know the future. Come inside. I'll show you your Destiny... John Sheppard.

Comment

Originally posted by Onealwasoverrated View Post
              Thank you for the quick response. According to my profile I am an Airman now having met the post threshold to be beyond Probie status.
              the title doesn't always mean your automatically off probie status. the mods have to physically take you off.

there's a set number of posts and rep points required. only the staff knows it and we the forum members are never told what it is.

Comment

the title doesn't always mean your automatically off probie status. the mods have to physically take you off.

there's a set number of posts and rep points required. only the staff knows it and we the forum members are never told what it is.
                Oh I see.

Comment

And usually, even if you get a lot of on-topic posts in, you'll have to be a member for at least a week or two before you're promoted to a normal member. It's just the way it works and it's the same for everyone. Don't worry, you'll be off moderation soon even if you aren't yet.
                  sigpic

Comment

Anyone know why I can't re-customize my profile right now? I have put in several images (from PB) and none of them are showing up when I hit save. It looks like my profile is just reverting back to the default. FYI: I exceeded my bandwidth on PB which meant I lost all pics/images posted from that account, including the ones used on my profile, which is why I am trying to re-customize my profile.

Any help/info on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
                    sigpic
                    Sig by ME.

Comment

You need to upload the pics to a album made on gw and then use those links.

Comment

Reposted from another thread.
                        Originally posted by Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble View Post
                        GW is taking ages to load for me on firefox, chrome and IE, its really annoying. I have disabled sigs, avertars and images still no joy. Yet it works fine on my ipod, I might try and downloading safari see if that works.

Comment

I also tested it on FF, Chrome, IE and opera and won't touch safari . Anyway there could be a problem with the CSS .
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
                          StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
                          GW member infractions : 1

Comment

Just downloaded safari on my computer and now the site loads fine.

Comment

I won't use safari just for a website , even if it's one of the best websites i know ( GW ) , i can just hit stop when the page finished loading
                              sigpic
                              Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
                              StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
                              GW member infractions : 1

Comment

You need to upload the pics to an album made on gw and then use those links.
                                Okay...I'll, uh, do that. As the marionette Walter (from SG1's 200) would say, I feel so stupid.

Okay, tried that...didn't work. Now what? There are two links, which one should I be using? The picture URL or the BB code?

I miss the way it used to be done, even though it was just as confusing, I was used to it. Now we don't even get the sample fields anymore. The ones that showed us what our profiles will look like and whether we did it right or not. Hell, I don't even know what is meant by the "inactive modules" and the regular "modules", let alone what a module even is. What ever happened to layman's terms?

Anyways...I have no work tomorrow so that'll give me a whole day to figure this thing out.

Did I mention how stupid I feel?
                                Last edited by RodneyIsGodney; 27 May 2011, 06:36 PM.
                                sigpic
                                Sig by ME.

Comment

Working...
                                X