Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The time of leaving probie status of unknown as its a combination of posts and Join date

The ranking for the title under your name is here. This is cosmetic and had no forum merit
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Thanks Jelgate ^_^
      sigpic
      Credit to: Samantha.Majka for the beautiful banner
      Proud Tesla Trooper / Jonathan Young Minion
      LiveJournal: http://aeryn11.livejournal.com/

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        The time of leaving probie status of unknown as its a combination of posts and Join date

The ranking for the title under your name is here. This is cosmetic and had no forum merit
        Says he who has a special one
        no means no, and so does pepper spray
        Sig by The Carpenter
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
          Says he who has a special one
          The custom title I was given doesn't give me special treatment
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            The custom title I was given doesn't give me special treatment
            Makes you special
            Yeah I know, you're awesome, so that's special
            Sig by The Carpenter
            sigpic

Comment

Hiya! I'm a new member and I'm having a little trouble. I've been trying to edit my profile and I keep getting a message that says:

"Sorry, Cekay! You do not have access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
              1. If you've recently signed up, your new account may still be awaiting activation. Have you received your validation e-mail?
              2. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
              3. Only advanced members may add items to the Calendar. Check the FAQ for more info."

I'm pretty sure I activated my account properly (and I've gone to the link again to ensure its working), is it part of the probie status that I can't edit my profile?

I've been allowed to make a post but under the mycontrols bar the only think that I don't get that message for is editing email/pw and adding people to my ignore list.
              I've gone through the FAQ and couldn't find anywhere where it said that probie status meant I couldn't change my profile, sorry if this how it is supposed to be I just thought probie meant your posts went by a moderator first.

Anyway thanks in advance!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cekay View Post
                Hiya! I'm a new member and I'm having a little trouble. I've been trying to edit my profile and I keep getting a message that says:

"Sorry, Cekay! You do not have access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
                1. If you've recently signed up, your new account may still be awaiting activation. Have you received your validation e-mail?
                2. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
                3. Only advanced members may add items to the Calendar. Check the FAQ for more info."

I'm pretty sure I activated my account properly (and I've gone to the link again to ensure its working), is it part of the probie status that I can't edit my profile?

I've been allowed to make a post but under the mycontrols bar the only think that I don't get that message for is editing email/pw and adding people to my ignore list.
                I've gone through the FAQ and couldn't find anywhere where it said that probie status meant I couldn't change my profile, sorry if this how it is supposed to be I just thought probie meant your posts went by a moderator first.

It's because you are a probie, you will be able to do all that when you get promoted.

Comment

The Mods are "trying you out" to make sure you're not a Spammer. Everyone has to go through it & it's a necessary evil. When they're convinced that you're not planning to cover our beloved forum with who-knows-what, you'll be given permission to access your profile & eventually won't have your posts moderated.
                  Hope that helped.

Comment

Ah sweet, that makes sense. Thanks for the quick replies!
                    sigpic

Comment

Welcome to GW Cekay!!

For more info - visit the Probie Status thread
                      sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Ah sweet, that makes sense. Thanks for the quick replies!
                        You're welcome.

Comment

Hey all,

Has anyone else never been able to use multiquotes? I've never been able to get that feature to work, and I'm not sure what it is that's the issue. Cookies are enabled, so I'm just asking here for any advice anyone can give. I've tried it on 2 browsers (IE7 and FF) and it just won't work - never has. Any ideas??

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantis4Life View Post
                            Hey all,

Has anyone else never been able to use multiquotes? I've never been able to get that feature to work, and I'm not sure what it is that's the issue. Cookies are enabled, so I'm just asking here for any advice anyone can give. I've tried it on 2 browsers (IE7 and FF) and it just won't work - never has. Any ideas??
                            Originally posted by syfygyrl View Post
                            You're welcome.
                            Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
                            Welcome to GW Cekay!!

For more info - visit the Probie Status thread
                            oooh.. i figured it out.. yay me.....

ok.. click on the multi quote button... and then click on the 'reply to thread' at the bottom of all the posts...

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantis4Life View Post
                              Hey all,

I am having no problem with them. I have IE
                              Sig by The Carpenter
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SusanG View Post
                                oooh.. i figured it out.. yay me.....

ok.. click on the multi quote button... and then click on the 'reply to thread' at the bottom of all the posts...
                                Yep, that's how I'm used to it working, but when I hit reply to thread all I get is an empty box. Usually cookies not being enabled would cause that (to my knowledge), but I have cookies enabled and this site is not blocked on my browser in any way.

Originally posted by Girlbot
                                I am having no problem with them. I have IE
                                I'm glad that this is your experience, but it doesn't work for me. The multi-quoting that I just did with you and Susan happened because I have to hit "reply with quote" on her post which shows up in the white box at the bottom of the thread for me, and then I have to type the BB code for quoting you, and then paste what you wrote into it so it'll show as a quote. That's how I've always had to do it here, but not on other vB forums. So, I don't know what it could be.

Comment

Working...
                                X