X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=lou]
    Originally posted by jonno
    ??? Your aviator???QUOTE]

Do’h - silly me, I obviously meant avatar!!

So my red blob means I’m invisible and has nothing to do bad rep after all!!
    And thanks to Jonno for rep 101 with pics!

Hugs to those who helped x
    No problem. I can see why i was confused now ...

I thought you meant Avatar, but there's nothing rep related near Avatars. You were actually talking about the other blob! I've never seen a red one of those. Hmm I'll have to look harder!
    I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

[QUOTE=jonno]
      Originally posted by lou

No problem. I can see why i was confused now ...

I thought you meant Avatar, but there's nothing rep related near Avatars. You were actually talking about the other blob! I've never seen a red one of those. Hmm I'll have to look harder!
      There's a colored dot to the right of your username. That little dot indicated whether or not you're on-line at GW. It turns bright green if you're on, otherwise it stays off. if you log on as invisible, your dot will stay turned off even if you're on.

Comment

Because I am to lazy and/or tired right now too read all of these pages...I am interested to know if any one can help me with learning to cap off my dvd's. I am technostupid, and dammit, I want to learn how to do this. so if anyone has the time and patience to teach me, please respond or pm me. note I also have msn, and frequently online alot.

Thanks!

cindyz

Comment

Originally posted by cindyz
          Because I am to lazy and/or tired right now too read all of these pages...I am interested to know if any one can help me with learning to cap off my dvd's. I am technostupid, and dammit, I want to learn how to do this. so if anyone has the time and patience to teach me, please respond or pm me. note I also have msn, and frequently online alot.

Thanks!

cindyz
          Screencapping from DVD's is easy:

1. Insert the disc you want to screen cap from.
          2. Open the DVD player software (if it doesn't open on it's own after you insert the disc).
          3. Search to the particular scene you want to screencap.
          4. Your DVD player software should have an option to either "Screen Capture" or "take a Still image" of a scene. (Most likely, the option will be called "Screen Capture, or something along those lines).
          5. Save the Screen capture with your DVD player software. Be aware that some DVD player software programs save screencaps as "TGA" files, not as .bmp or .jpg files. Note the file name, so you can open it with your image editing program.
          6. If you have Photoshop, Paintshop, GIMP or another image editing program, open it.
          7. You should be able to open the screen cap you just saved (as most image editing programs can read almost all image formats).

Comment

hmmm, my lap came with windows media, power dvd and dell media experience. which one do you reccomend? i have been using the last 2 to watch dvd's, and can't figure it out, there is no such choice as still image...what do you use? I also have divx?

Comment

hmmm, my lap came with windows media, power dvd and dell media experience. which one do you reccomend? i have been using the last 2 to watch dvd's, and can't figure it out, there is no such choice as still image...what do you use? I also have divx?
              Power DVD is program you could use. I don't know about DME (never used it, since i never owned a dell). Either way, you should find an option in either program that lets you do screen captures. find that option, and follow the steps i outlined above.

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWraith
                Power DVD is program you could use. I don't know about DME (never used it, since i never owned a dell). Either way, you should find an option in either program that lets you do screen captures. find that option, and follow the steps i outlined above.
                On Power DVD the option is on the control panel (the thing with volume control) click on the pic that looks like a camera, that is the screen capture it will either save to clip board or to file. I don't use it as it seems to stretch the pic but that may just be my settings. I use separate software for screen capture something like Hypersnap which can also capture Divx.

Comment

To capture an image in Windows Media Player, press control+i.
                  gatehorse

lj here if you're interested.

Comment

I have pictures of Amanda Tappings Baby that were taken by me at Lake Louise, Alberta, Canada this Weekend.

Am I allowed to post here??

Please PM me with the Answer!!

Thanks ONTLL's
                    Richard Dean Anderson is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!!
                    sigpic
                    Hawaii-Five-O-Heat-Wave-Thunk-thread-of-hotness

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
                      On Power DVD the option is on the control panel (the thing with volume control) click on the pic that looks like a camera, that is the screen capture it will either save to clip board or to file. I don't use it as it seems to stretch the pic but that may just be my settings. I use separate software for screen capture something like Hypersnap which can also capture Divx.
                      yeah, i see the camera option, but it doesn't highlight when I scroll over it. I am thinking that I don't have a full version of pdvd installed on my laptop. you'd think that when you buy a brand spankin new 900 dollar laptop, it would come with the full version, not just a teaser edition. I mean, the quality of sound and images is great, and it's very easy to use, i suspect I might have to purchase pdvd version 6 online to be able to get those caps. thanks a bunch to all who have left me information.

Comment

yeah, i see the camera option, but it doesn't highlight when I scroll over it. I am thinking that I don't have a full version of pdvd installed on my laptop. you'd think that when you buy a brand spankin new 900 dollar laptop, it would come with the full version, not just a teaser edition. I mean, the quality of sound and images is great, and it's very easy to use, i suspect I might have to purchase pdvd version 6 online to be able to get those caps. thanks a bunch to all who have left me information.
                        You may have a demo version. See if there's anything on Power DVD that indicates that when it starts up.

Comment

can't find anything to indicate its a demo version. I did download a patch from their site, but it hasn't changed. I think after the con, I shall just purchase their newest version....until then, I'll just snurch from my friends...let them do all the work. I tried Gatehorse's suggestion while I used WMP, but it didn't work for me. I guess I don't have the Ancient gene needed to do this.

Technowraith, tell you what. If I haven't worked out the kinks by the time the con rolls around, i'll bring my laptop with me, and maybe you can trouble shoot with it. There would be a few beverages included for your time.

is it March yet?????SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
                          oops! wrong thread!
                          sorry, couldn't resist!

Comment

PowerDVD http://www.livejournal.com/users/cru...46.html#cutid1

BSPlayer http://www.livejournal.com/users/cru...76.html#cutid1
                            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                            love Torri

Comment

Qasim, from the first link i glanced at, it looks like I have a demo version. I don't have all those nifty options!

Comment

Qasim, from the first link i glanced at, it looks like I have a demo version. I don't have all those nifty options!
                                In that case, go and get the real Power DVD. Unless you're email accepts a 497 Mb attachment, i could attach the contents of my power dvd CD that i recently got. I even have a serial number for it, too.

Comment

Working...
                                X