Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's not embarrassing. I forget that not everyone knows everything!

You can do this two ways. One is to use the little hyperlink button in the toobar when you type a message (it's the icon of a globe with a little chain link under it). The other is to use a tag. Enter (without the space after the opening bracket)

[ url]www.typeyoururlhere.com[ /url]

You get the url of the thread by opening the thread then copying the address in the address bar at the top of the browser.

If you want to have a link that doesn't show the url but has text instead then enter (again without the spaces)

[ url=www.typeryoururlhere.com]Click Here[ /url]. When you post, people will just see the Click Here bit (or whatever you type in there) and can click on that to open the link.

However! If it was your Gate Joke's thread then don't worry. I've already fixed the typo.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy
      That's not embarrassing. I forget that not everyone knows everything!

You can do this two ways. One is to use the little hyperlink button in the toobar when you type a message (it's the icon of a globe with a little chain link under it). The other is to use a tag. Enter (without the space after the opening bracket)

[ url]www.typeyoururlhere.com[ /url]

You get the url of the thread by opening the thread then copying the address in the address bar at the top of the browser.

If you want to have a link that doesn't show the url but has text instead then enter (again without the spaces)

[ url=www.typeryoururlhere.com]Click Here[ /url]. When you post, people will just see the Click Here bit (or whatever you type in there) and can click on that to open the link.

However! If it was your Gate Joke's thread then don't worry. I've already fixed the typo.
      Thanks for the info and the help

Comment

For a longer list of the vB codes CLICK HERE
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy
          For a longer list of the vB codes CLICK HERE
          I'd just like to point out that not all of those are actually implemented i.e. [code]test[/code] doesnt work
          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

Well plenty of them do work, and the fun is in trying them out!
            sigpic

Comment

I have done that *nostalgia*
              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
              love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Deano
                this is embarassing, i dont know how to do that
                It happens to everyone once in awhile. Heaven knows how many times i've asked a mod to change a title because i misspelled or messed up. Just don't ask a mod to change the title every 5 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWraith
                  It happens to everyone once in awhile. Heaven knows how many times i've asked a mod to change a title because i misspelled or messed up. Just don't ask a mod to change the title every 5 minutes.
                  On one forum I go on a mod did that to confuse people - it was hilarious
                  love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                    On one forum I go on a mod did that to confuse people - it was hilarious
                    So you're the one who kept doing that? hahaha!

Comment

LOL I was actually talking about another forum and a different person but I just rememberered that I am guilty of it myself
                      love Torri

Comment

Hello clever experienced posters!

I have a qu…

I’ve found answers to most of my qus about reputation. But nowhere mentions the green/grey/red blob on the left side of posts next to your aviator. Mine is now red, and I don’t know why! I have been giving out jello, but how do I know when I have run out? Have I simply given away to much jello that I’ve put myself in the red? Red is a scary colour and I don’t like looking bad, when I’ve done nothing wrong! I don’t think anyone has given me -ve rep, or does it go to a different place than the +ve rep?

I know these are simple, unimportant questions, but I think I’m in the right place to get them answered!

xx

Comment

You don't run out of rep. You can keep giving them away.

However, if others red rep you too many times, you'll run out. So try to avoid that.

Comment

Originally posted by lou

I’ve found answers to most of my qus about reputation. But nowhere mentions the green/grey/red blob on the left side of posts next to your aviator.
                            ??? Your aviator???

Don't worry, your post has appeared with green rep in the top right, which represents the number of rep points given to you, so for now, you're positive.

If you mean the blobs to the left of the the posts under 'Latest reputation received' in my controls, then that is the rep given by other people to you:

green = +ve
                            red = -ve (bad)
                            grey could be either, but the poster is too new for their awards to affect uour rep yet.

Here is an image of my rep:

[EDIT] Argh ... it's smaller than i meant. The top bit shows what comes up when you press 'my controls' at the top of the page. The big elongated oval shows a rep given to me by skydiver.

The bottom bit shows how how the amount of rep you have is shown in the top right of your posts.

Originally posted by lou
                            Mine is now red, and I don’t know why! I have been giving out jello, but how do I know when I have run out? Have I simply given away to much jello that I’ve put myself in the red? Red is a scary colour and I don’t like looking bad, when I’ve done nothing wrong! I don’t think anyone has given me -ve rep, or does it go to a different place than the +ve rep?
                            The amount of Rep you give to others does not directly affect your rep (ie if you give out rep, it is not subtracted from your own total).

I think -ve rep goes to the same place as +ve (under my controls), but i have been fortunate never to get a red rep.

MY QUESTION: How could i make the above picture bigger (note, it was edited in microsoft paint)

Apologise this post is a bit clumsy ... it's gone through multiple edits and additions!
                            Last edited by jonno; 09 January 2006, 03:57 PM.
                            I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Originally posted by lou

I have a qu…

I’ve found answers to most of my qus about reputation. But nowhere mentions the green/grey/red blob on the left side of posts next to your aviator. Mine is now red, and I don’t know why!
                              The circle means
                              Green = You are currently logged on and visible, Red = You may or may not be logged on you are invisible, Grey = You are not logged on.

I am invisible so mine is always red for example.

If you want to change your status from red to green go into the Options page and unclick the invisibility box.

The rep boxes are normal green for the first (I think) 500+ rep points then light green boxes are add for every 200 (again I think) rep points there after, up until 11 blocks are added.

The visible to everyone rep block mean.

Green is visible rep points.
                              Grey just means the person has turned theirs off (like me).
                              Red is someone who has received a lot of negative (or red) repping and they no longer have enough green rep points to counter the red ones (rare). May also mean they have been put on suspension (not clear on that though).

And pretty much what Jonno said about the ones that only you can see on your control panel.
                              Last edited by Willow'sCat; 09 January 2006, 05:26 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=jonno]??? Your aviator???[QUOTE]

Do’h - silly me, I obviously meant avatar!!

So my red blob means I’m invisible and has nothing to do bad rep after all!!
                                And thanks to Jonno for rep 101 with pics!

Hugs to those who helped x
                                Last edited by lou; 10 January 2006, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X