This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
    Or peeps will look at you like this. You know if you don't like the new smilies turn them off. You have the option in your control panel.
    Thats the best suggestion that I have heard all day

Comment

All opinions are welcome, and we are happy to receive constructive criticism. But, at the end of the day, this is the style that the site owner has chosen to go with. Whether you think it makes the forum look better or worse, it is what it is.
      GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
      The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
      Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

I think the old smilies will continue to be the most useful to me personally, but that's just my style. These new ones are definitely growing on me, though. I must say they add a new fun dimension to people's posts and a little more visual 'stargatey-ness' to the forum. There are certain ones I find quite entertaining. They're fun to tell stories with as well. I wonder why Daniel doesn't have a book, though? (He reads at least as much as Jonas!)
        But I can see you not wanting to be redundant with it. So anyhow, great job on the smilies!

(Cameron: 'Take those light sabers back to their own universe! You're going to use up our FX budget!')
        Last edited by Tiret; 07 February 2006, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Gillis...I have a quick question.

Why do all of your (absolutely wonderful) character smilies look relatively like human faces...except Ford?

And then there's Ford... He's looks like a brown PacMan in a hat. Any chance we could get a more human looking Aiden Ford?

Edit: The Teal'c one would look great if you took off the gold emblem and put on the purple hat.
          That would be perfect.
          Last edited by Major Tyler; 01 February 2006, 06:45 PM.
          Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
            Gillis...I have a quick question.

Why do all of your (absolutely wonderful) character smilies look relatively like human faces...except Ford?

And then there's Ford... He's looks like a brown PacMan in a hat. Any chance we could get a more human looking Aiden Ford?

Edit: The Teal'c one would look great if you took off the gold emblem and put on the purple hat.
            That would be perfect.
            Hi,

Well, the reason is the following.
            I did the first smilies more than 1 year ago, then I redesigned some of a few months ago, and I didn't redesign all of them (yet). In fact, Ford is one of the worst (to my opinion) and should be redone. Same for Daniel and Cameron. But for now, the redesigning of the main site is more important, and I will more focus on that instead of the smilies. Plus I have a lot of other things to do, more important. So wait for new smilies but not in the near future.

See the differences between the old smilies and the new ones here:
            http://www.thescifiworld.net/smilies...s_maincast.htm
            Or here: http://www.thescifiworld.net/smilies...1_maincast.htm
            Gilles
            http://www.thescifiworld.net

Amanda Tapping interview
            Ben Browder interview
            Beau Bridges interview

Comment

Originally posted by JamesM
              ok, they are too big, badly drawn, the animation is terrible, colours are yucky, and they don't fit the overall theme.

Happy?

[edit] I've always thought of Gateworld as being quite a professional site, and these smiles do nothing but make it look like an amatuer site run by children who think stupid little faces with guns are cool. I don't mean to offend anyone, but I don't think they fit in well here, and I'll be happy when they are gone.

Also, I don't think they are going to do Gateworlds bandwidth usage any good, and the board is slow enough as it is.
              I hope you realize that if it weren't for Gilles there wouldn't be smilies about Stargate anywere. Besides they are NOT badly drawn ! If you hate them don't use them. If you love them than show your appreciation for Gilles. He does the best he can ! It is very hard to please everyone. That is something you can't do but have some respect please !
              Lord Zedd

Comment

The smilies are awesome thanks a lot Gilles we appreciate it a lot just ignore the minority
                gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                love Torri

Comment

I made a new version of Teyla smilies.
                  Some samples:

More here:
                  http://www.thescifiworld.net/smilies...s_maincast.htm
                  Gilles

Amanda Tapping interview
                  Ben Browder interview
                  Beau Bridges interview

Comment

For comparison purposes:

Yeah - i'd say those new ones look a bit more realistic. Cool!
                    I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

I like your new Teyla smilies better because she's not wearing lipstick.
                      Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

I just realized there is NO Gen. Landry smilie. If there are smilies for people no longer regulars in the cast, such as Jonas, Hammond and Ford, shouldn't we have one for Gen. Landry? Just an observation.

And Sam shouldn't be wearing lipstick either.
                        On fighting:
                        Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                        Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

I like the Simlies. they're cool. I like the Mckay ones the best. I'm very happy to have these cool smilies to add some um......... Coolness to my posts they're real fun.
                          I like this one

this one is cool to

Comment

Originally posted by jonno
                            For comparison purposes:

Yeah - i'd say those new ones look a bit more realistic. Cool!
                            Those have been made 1 year ago. I have improved myself since that, that's why I'm making some Version 2 of some characters.
                            Gilles

Amanda Tapping interview
                            Ben Browder interview
                            Beau Bridges interview

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cadette
                              I found the problem, and it's what I thought it was. It's your frame disposal method. I opened your gif in ImageReady and not all frames are set to "restore to background." (They should either be set to that or to "Automatic.")

Here's your old one:

And here's one saved with the new frame disposal. (Feel free to grab it!):

Mac people, chime in again and tell him the 2nd one works!
                              I'm about two months behind but I'm chiming in. The second one works. It's very funny!

Adrianne
                              (I'm on a Mac.)
                              If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.
                              It's all explained here. Well, one part anyhow

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Hey, you know what would be really great...if we had a "Bow Before Your Goddess" sign/smilie. That'd be really fun for the gals around here, I'm sure...not to mention that it would come in real handy on the Sen'il Worship thread. Could we get one, pretty please? It's only fair after all, as there are 'female' system lords, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X