Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thread needs to be merged with the original episode thread, imo. Thank you.
    IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836
      This thread needs to be merged with the original episode thread, imo. Thank you.
      Just an FYI it is not being merged because one is the Official Episode *as a whole* discussion and the other is a discussion of the Ship itself
      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
        Just an FYI it is not being merged because one is the Official Episode *as a whole* discussion and the other is a discussion of the Ship itself
        Hmm, ok. Just figured that since in the official episode thread people were already discussing the ship itself, why not merge it….

Thanks anyway for having a look.
        IMO always implied.

Comment

Question about the BSG Season 1 folder, when are the episodes going to be added? The folder looking so bare/empty is the reason I asked.

EDIT: The question was targeted at Darren, TF.
          Last edited by NowIWillDestroyAbydos; 08 January 2006, 01:34 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836
            Hmm, ok. Just figured that since in the official episode thread people were already discussing the ship itself, why not merge it….

Thanks anyway for having a look.
            Mainly because the originating poster is just wanting to discuss the ship and not the episode in its entirity. When a member would like to discuss something that specific they are encouraged to start a *Topic-Specific* thread and then we *preens* are there to lend a hand if it gets off topic
            Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

A lot of people are just "whiting-out" the spoilers instead of putting in the spoiler tags, and as such, they show up as white text when you quote them. I just got spoiled by that.

Is there anyway to stop them doing this?

Comment

Unfortunately No... that is an acceptable way to put spoilers in also when you *quote* a post anything that is in *spoiler* tags shows up as well so I am unsure what the difference is?

Comment

Unfortunately No... that is an acceptable way to put spoilers in also when you *quote* a post anything that is in *spoiler* tags shows up as well so I am unsure what the difference is?
                  The vBulletin software doesn't parse the Spoiler tag info when you use the "Quote Reply" function. The spoilers also appear in the little "Thread preview" pop-up (despite using the Spoiler tag) that shows up when you mouse over a thread. (It's a new feature that was just added to the forum recently.) To get around the spoiler showing up in the "Thread preview pop-up", just insert about 6 or 7 blank lines before your spoiler. Unfortunately, some of the hacks used around here don't support parsing of Spoiler tags, so maybe that's something Darren could look at.

Comment

ahh ok...well they all still show up for me when I hit quote so I am guessing that we don't use it. Or is that what you are saying anyway

Comment

ahh ok...well they all still show up for me when I hit quote so I am guessing that we don't use it. Or is that what you are saying anyway
                      Maybe i confused you, sorry.

The vBulletin software still makes the spoiler show up (even though you used the Spoiler tag) when using the Quote button. It's most likely because the software doesn't parse the Spoiler tag info when using quote reply.

As for the Thread Preview Pop-up, the vBulletin software treats the spoiler tag the same way it does when using "quote" - it doesn't parse the spoiler tag. I think the Thread Preview Pop-up was a hack, added in to help posters see what a thread was about so they didn't have to open every thread. I was thinking that maybe Darren could have a look at the hackand see if anything could be done about this.

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWraith
                        Maybe i confused you, sorry.

The vBulletin software still makes the spoiler show up (even though you used the Spoiler tag) when using the Quote button. It's most likely because the software doesn't parse the Spoiler tag info when using quote reply.

As for the Thread Preview Pop-up, the vBulletin software treats the spoiler tag the same way it does when using "quote" - it doesn't parse the spoiler tag. I think the Thread Preview Pop-up was a hack, added in to help posters see what a thread was about so they didn't have to open every thread. I was thinking that maybe Darren could have a look at the hackand see if anything could be done about this.
                        Ahh ok.... one minute I am really really smart and the next.... the light bulb just fizts out

I do get what you are talking about now

Comment

I'm still confused.

Anyway, here is what I mean:

Intead of this:

Blah blah blah I like pancakes
                          It should be like this:

blah blah blah
                          Spoiler:
                          I like pancakes
                          Now, I know the spoiler will show up in the reply window if I quote a post, but if others are quoting the spoiler posts, the spoilers show up clear as day in their posts, like the first example.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
                            I'm still confused.

Anyway, here is what I mean:

Intead of this:

It should be like this:

Now, I know the spoiler will show up in the reply window if I quote a post, but if others are quoting the spoiler posts, the spoilers show up clear as day in their posts, like the first example.
                            ahhh I see what you are asking

well the original poster did their job unfortunately it is the sucssessive posters that are dropping the ball and I would say you can definitely say something or report the post so we can come in and fix it with tags...Unfortunately you will still be spoiled but it is an acceptable way to post a spoiler just not the best way and all we can do is continue to ask ALL posters to be aware of this fact

ETA:well now as you can see none of your stiuff showed up in my quote AND I can say that nothing showed up in my reply in Advanced mmmm maybe Darren heard us

Comment

I wish that were true, but when you quote something on this forum, you only quote the post of the poster you're quoting from, not what that poster has quoted.

Let's put it this way.

Let's say Tame has said something about...uh...the Ori (), and...uh...Darren wished to quote that post, and so he does. David comes along and sees something in Darren's post that he wants to reply to, so he quotes Darren's post, which in turn has your quote. Now, to prevent nested quotes, the software instantly get rid of the inner quote, so it doesn't become messy.

Anyway, as for my problem, I knew it would be difficult to tell everyone that. Hopefully it can be phased out eventually.

Comment

People who white text instead of spoiler tags havent read the FAQ!!! naughty people

On other boards its possible to create polls which only allow votes not replies - can that be done here?
                                gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                                so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                                love Torri

Comment

Working...
                                X