Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a reminder that this thread is for questions for the mods, and only questions that you think another member can't help you with over in the "General Help and Assistance Thread."

Please save discussion, feedback, personal complaints, etc. for another thread. The more back-and-forth there is here, the less effective the thread can be.

You can report threads/posts to merge, move, delete, etc. here, but we would really rather you report them with the "Report Bad Post" feature. Click the warning triangle icon in the upper-right corner of any post in that thread, and include a specific note. (That particular poster won't get in trouble if you want to just use it to flag down the thread for us.) This immediately e-mails the entire mod team.

Anyone who is having a personal moderation issue -- be it sigs or account trouble or rule violations -- should communicate with the mods via PM or e-mail. Don't use this thread for it.

Thanks!
    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
      Question about the BSG Season 1 folder, when are the episodes going to be added? The folder looking so bare/empty is the reason I asked.

EDIT: The question was targeted at Darren, TF.
      Ack! Where did my episode threads go? Did I really never create them?

Hmm. Bother, this.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren

Hmm. Bother, this.
        I thought i remember seeing episode threads in the BSG Season 1 folder.

Comment

I have notice that "NowIWillDestroyAbydos" is going around General Sci-Fi and Fantasy and other boards posting articles, but never posts his opinions.

Isn't this like spamming?

Comment

Ummmmm....no. People are free to post links to Stargate related articles to their hearts content as long as they follow the rules and don't post said articles in their entirety as that is a copyright infringement. And if it's in General Sci-Fi people can post sci-fi related articles to their hearts content as well.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by Darren

Hmm. Bother, this.
              Hmm, What about Dr Who? We lost all our series one (2005) episode related posts when the forum section was created, any chance of getting them back? Or new ones? Even just a series 2 episode thread would do, I see Lost has theirs. Pretty please.

Comment

Greetings Gateworld mods. I am currently in the process of creating a Stargate podcast and have some matters which I wish to discuss with you about possible co-operation with Gateworld. It would be best if I could contact you by email to propose my ideas. Who is the person I should be talking to?

Comment

Did you know that someone is PMing GW members pimping an alternative site which has a forum that is almost a carbon copy of the GW ones?

I joined it weeks ago on the basis of the sob-story involved and have since been receiving emails every time GW goes down for a split second, trying to lure me (and everyone on the mailinglist) away from GW.

It's my own stupid fault for joining, I know - but I thought you might like to know about the treason in the ranks.

Official Member of the Fellowship of Rainbow Defenders
                  ...and the Lord said, 'Let there be F.O.R.D.' and there was, and it was good...

Comment

Originally posted by sparkie
                    Greetings Gateworld mods. I am currently in the process of creating a Stargate podcast and have some matters which I wish to discuss with you about possible co-operation with Gateworld. It would be best if I could contact you by email to propose my ideas. Who is the person I should be talking to?
                    Definitely Darren or David. PM their usernames or send an email. I think the emails are [email protected] for Darren and [email protected] for David...

Comment

Originally posted by alfirin_kirinki
                      Did you know that someone is PMing GW members pimping an alternative site which has a forum that is almost a carbon copy of the GW ones?

I joined it weeks ago on the basis of the sob-story involved and have since been receiving emails every time GW goes down for a split second, trying to lure me (and everyone on the mailinglist) away from GW.

It's my own stupid fault for joining, I know - but I thought you might like to know about the treason in the ranks.
                      *sigh* if the site is using content off Gateworld without permission then they are violating copyright. Please send a link to Darren or David (see above post for contact info) or PM a mod. Thanks for noticing (and caring!)

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater
                        *sigh* if the site is using content off Gateworld without permission then they are violating copyright. Please send a link to Darren or David (see above post for contact info) or PM a mod. Thanks for noticing (and caring!)
                        It's really the formatting (identical thread-lists, etc), and the fact that they're PMing people then jumping on GW's tails every time it goes down.

Comment

i would suggest to point it out to darren. if he has an issue with it, it's his place as owner and 'daddy' of the forum to speak up. if he doesn't, then it's his decision as well
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                            i would suggest to point it out to darren. if he has an issue with it, it's his place as owner and 'daddy' of the forum to speak up. if he doesn't, then it's his decision as well
                            Yeah, I emailed him - thanks.

Comment

Thanks, I will email them.

Comment

E-mail: [email protected] for site content suggestions and such.

As for other forums who are trying to pillage members:

"GateWorld Forum: Accept No Substitutes!"

Comment

Working...
                                X