This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GateWorld View Post
    This one is now fixed. Thanks again for reporting it!

~Darren
    You're Welcome.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Sorry to be a bother, but I can't get into the forums via Firefox. It's saying the security is not properly configured. AGAIN. Can you fix it? Right now I'm getting in through IE, but I had the same warning that I had to go around to get in. Can you fix it again please? Thanks!
      Turas Sábháilte, Baile Sábháilte
      (Safe Journey, Safe Home.)

Comment

Apologies. We are using LetsEncrypt which expires every 90 days, however we've had issues with the renewal script. This should now be fixed.

Greg

Comment

Firefox is still being problematic. It came up with an error message that would not log me in.
          Had to use another browser. Chrome seemed to work okay for the moment.

Comment

Firefox is working for me today - thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Greg View Post
              Apologies. We are using LetsEncrypt which expires every 90 days, however we've had issues with the renewal script. This should now be fixed.
              Shall I set the countdown?

Thanks for the fix. You're awesome!
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Thank you for fixing the certificate issue!

Seaboe
                If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Hi mod team. I don't know if this is only a problem that I'm experiencing, but when going to the advanced reply, the editing buttons (italics, bold, etc.) seem to be missing. Just wanted to make sure that you guys are aware of this. I hope it won't be too much of a headache for you to fix. Thanks for reading.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                  K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Hmm. They are there for me. Unless someone else experiences the same issue I'd suggest clearing your browser cache and restarting.

~Darren

Comment

I can see them loud and clear too. (for reference)
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by GateWorld View Post
                        Hmm. They are there for me. Unless someone else experiences the same issue I'd suggest clearing your browser cache and restarting. ~Darren
                        Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        I can see them loud and clear too. (for reference)
                        Hi guys and thanks for getting back to me on this. I've tried clearing my browser's cache and restarting it, but the same problem is still persisting. I am open to any other ideas. Cheers.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Firefox browser won't remove the "User Name" or "Password" labels out of the box when I try to log on and in. Even in clearing them (highlight, then delete), the login message comes up with some error about an having the incorrect login. Plus, the password is visible -letter for letter or number, not the usual ****** in place while typing it out.

Not sure if that helps to correct the browser problem. I've already cleared the cache several times and powered OFF, then powered the computer back to On, and still get the same issue/problem. Using different browser until this gets fixed, but I think it might be a Firefox upgrade problem, which occurred around the same time, the login issues happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                            Hi guys and thanks for getting back to me on this. I've tried clearing my browser's cache and restarting it, but the same problem is still persisting. I am open to any other ideas. Cheers.
                            Hi Alan!
                            First check you're on the latest version of your browser and that any add-ons/plug ins are up to date.

If that doesn't fix this,go into your general settings in your control panel,scroll down to the piece where it says:
                            Originally posted by CP
                            Miscellaneous Options
                            Message Editor Interface:

Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing
                            Basic Editor - A simple text box
                            Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls

When posting messages to the forums or other members, there are three interface types available to you. The simplest of these is a simple text box, while the last is a fully-fledged WYSIWYG editor, which allows you to format your text as you want it and see the results immediately.

Depending upon the capabilities of your web browser, you may not be able to use all of these options. If you experience problems when posting messages, try switching to a different interface type.
                            Looks like there's another problem with the Enhanced Interface (IMO),because I can't get the etc to show up properly on a test post,though the code buttons work if I insert them in the post.

Try switching to Standard Editor,and save at the bottom of the panel.You'll see the code and be able to check your posts as you type.
                            (Another work-round is to just type in the BB Code in any of the three post interfaces,but that gets very time-consuming!)

Let me know if any of these tips help,and if they don't,I'll mail Darren.
                            The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
                              Firefox browser won't remove the "User Name" or "Password" labels out of the box when I try to log on and in. Even in clearing them (highlight, then delete), the login message comes up with some error about an having the incorrect login. Plus, the password is visible -letter for letter or number, not the usual ****** in place while typing it out.

Not sure if that helps to correct the browser problem. I've already cleared the cache several times and powered OFF, then powered the computer back to On, and still get the same issue/problem. Using different browser until this gets fixed, but I think it might be a Firefox upgrade problem, which occurred around the same time, the login issues happened.
                              Hi Alisa!
                              I'm seeing the same glitch,and so are others,so this is one for Darren and Greg to take a look at,though it may be Firefox-related.

All I did as a temporary work-round was click the login button then fill out the box that comes up net then click the "Remember me" tickbox:

(Using that system message box,the password shows up as a row of dots.V useful.)
                              The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                                Hi Alan!
                                First check you're on the latest version of your browser and that any add-ons/plug ins are up to date.

If that doesn't fix this,go into your general settings in your control panel,scroll down to the piece where it says:

Looks like there's another problem with the Enhanced Interface (IMO),because I can't get the etc to show up properly on a test post,though the code buttons work if I insert them in the post.

Try switching to Standard Editor,and save at the bottom of the panel.You'll see the code and be able to check your posts as you type.
                                (Another work-round is to just type in the BB Code in any of the three post interfaces,but that gets very time-consuming!)

Let me know if any of these tips help,and if they don't,I'll mail Darren.
                                Oh, hey Baggie! x
                                Thanks for getting back to me on this as well. I've tried what you suggested and unfortunately nothing has seemed to work ...for Firefox at least. When I logged in via Internet Explorer all the buttons were back in place so I guess that the problem must lie with Firefox unless someone else out there using that particular browser can say differently and have all of the editing tools appearing in which case...

BTW, not only are there no editing buttons in Firefox but when I click 'More' to get that little window to open up to show more smilies...well that isn't appearing either. But again, a problem not occurring in IE. x2

I hope that for you or Darren it will be an easy fix. Thanks again, Baggie.

Comment

Working...
                                X