Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To re-affirm what Major Tyler has already said. If a be-labored discussion ensues in this thread it will be deleted, if not by the Mods then by Darren himself. This thread is for Q & A and while we let a little bit of fun and discussion take place we will not allow long protracted discussion . I hope that answers your furture questions and if you have any other questions that can be beneficial to the overall Forum please post them here. If you have a personal issue we ask that you PM a MOderator Thanks
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by gooner_diva
      I agree other things should be conducted via PM, Major Tyler. However, I (and a few other people I know) have expressed legitimate concerns about a certain thread to a certain moderator and haven't gotten as much as a single word of reply. My question is: what should one do in such situations?
      My understanding was that you were concerned about the "DS9 Superior" title. Your title remains intact...I thought you would be happy.
      Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf Eire
        Most other forums I visit (please don't answer me with this is not most other forums) as a common courtesy state that they have made a deletion and why for the benefit of both the person who posted it and others. It avoids confusion and serves as an example of as to what is not acceptable to others. There is nothing didactic or beneficial about posts simply disappearing off the face of the earth.
        I can ask Darren why the deletion for each poster is not at least *seen* by the poster with the deletion reason. At this time the Forum is not doing that if I understand you correctly.

Once I know that I will PM you with his reply or he will post an answer himself
        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
          I do not feel comfortable editing other people's posts unless what they are saying violates GateWorld policy. "NowIWillDestroyAbydos" asked for the threads to be merged, so he obviously is aware of the possibility that they will be. If he wants to edit his post, he can.
          I may have confused you, that post was your opinion "do you think is should be merged" and the Yes response was: Merge the threads, and the No response was: Leave it be.

And it's Abydos, not NowIWillDestroyAbydos. It saves you typing time, and doesn't shorten the lifetime of your Caps Lock button
          sigpic

Comment

I agree other things should be conducted via PM, Major Tyler. However, I (and a few other people I know) have expressed legitimate concerns about a certain thread to a certain moderator and haven't gotten as much as a single word of reply. My question is: what should one do in such situations?
            If you feel that you have expressed your concerns and received no answer then PM another Mod and ask for assistance. We do discuss everything and it might be that the hold up is only because we are still discussing the best course of action. OR *Heaven forbid* the Moderator you have asked for help from has a computer glitch and has not been able to let us know we have a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
              I may have confused you, that post was your opinion "do you think is should be merged" and the Yes response was: Merge the threads, and the No response was: Leave it be.
              Sorry, I assumed that the question was a rhetorical way of asking me to merge them. Kind of like when someone asks you if you know what time it is...clearly they want you to tell them even though they didn't specifically say that. I'll remember to take you more literally from now on, Abydos.

Comment

My understanding was that you were concerned about the "DS9 Superior" title. Your title remains intact...I thought you would be happy.
                gooner_diva was referring to a separate issue - and saying that she and several others pm'ed the same moderator about it and none of them got a reply
                gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                  gooner_diva was referring to a separate issue - and saying that she and several others pm'ed the same moderator about it and none of them got a reply
                  Understood. I had received no PMs so I was confused.

Comment

Understood. I had received no PMs so I was confused.
                    So your answer to her original question is?
                    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                    love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                      So your answer to her original question is?
                      The answer to her original question has already been covered quite expertly by Tame in reply #1454.

Comment

No, no, that issue has already been dealt with. Right now I am not talking about the DS9 Superior thread (thanks for keeping the title). I'm talking about a private issue that several people I know have taken to the moderators via PM (as you suggest should be done), but we haven't received any reply from them as of yet. I just wanted your opinion on what should be done in such situations as the issue I am talking about obviously cannot be mentioned publicly.

Comment

No, no, that issue has already been dealt with. Right now I am not talking about the DS9 Superior thread (thanks for keeping the title). I'm talking about a private issue that several people I know have taken to the moderators via PM (as you suggest should be done), but we haven't received any reply from them as of yet. I just wanted your opinion on what should be done in such situations as the issue I am talking about obviously cannot be mentioned publicly.
                          I'll refer you to Tame's answer in reply #1454.

I concur with her assessment, and would only add that PMing Darren is also a course of action you can consider.

Comment

It is always a good practice to follow up on your PMs if you feel thay are not being answered timely by letting another Mod know you have asked a question or have an issue and you are just checking on it That way we can help make sure it has been brought to the table OR is already on the table and being handled

Comment

the question about deleting posts has been asked to darren and we're awaiting a reply. In the past i've always presumed that people see that we've deleted posts. that is what we see that a post was deleted adn who deleted it. Now we're finding out that that's not the case so we're working on that issue.

pm'ing every person is a sound idea in theory but i'm not sure in practicality. largely because i've deleted up to a dozen off topic posts out of a single thread and, well sending a dozen pm's takes time.

we can work on letting peopel know, but there are also cases such as this very thread, (and the Joe thread when it was active) where the 'questions only' policy has been made very, very clear and folks keep doinig what they wish and...well to be frank there's only so many hours in the day and sometimes poilcing the issue is all you can sneak in in that half hour you have for lunch that you spend modding

as to folks not answering pm's. please feel free to remind us. Sometimes we're discussing an issue, and given the limits placed upon us by real life and being scatered across a good chunk of the time zones, it can take 24-48 hours for all of us to get a chance to speak up on an issue.

Personal issues are best dealt with privately, we try not to air our dirty laundry in public, which is why even if you know that 'ed' deserves to be spanked you will never know that we did indeed spank 'ed'...we just took him out of ear shot and didn't hold a public flogging
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Why do you delete peoples posts when they point out factual inaccuracies on your part?
                                love Torri

Comment

Working...
                                X