This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nasa
    hey there i keep on posting but my post count doesnt go up any suggestions??
    Your post count doesn't increase when you post in the off-topic section of GateWorld.
    Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Are these two threads similar:
      Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Discussion and Appreciation Thread
      AND
      Deep Space 9 superior
      Last edited by NowIWillDestroyAbydos; 04 February 2006, 02:06 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
        AND
        Deep Space 9 superior

If they, are then merge mine with the second one change the title to something similar to mine (the first one), the title of the second one actually threw me off (becuase the first actually the D & A thread, and the second is whether it had better writing than the other Star Trek shows), which is why I'm asking.
        Hang on a second, merge what? You opened a double thread which should be deleted as there's only one post in it. Also, the Deep Space Nine Superior thread has been there for quite some time now and people who hang in there like the title.

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
          AND
          Deep Space 9 superior

If they, are then merge mine with the second one change the title to something similar to mine (the first one), the title of the second one actually threw me off (becuase the first actually the D & A thread, and the second is whether it had better writing than the other Star Trek shows), which is why I'm asking.
          Merged.

Comment

Just as a reminder, the "Ask the Moderators" thread is for asking moderators questions. If you have specific concerns about what has been modded, please conduct them via PM with that particular Mod.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
              Just as a reminder, the "Ask the Moderators" thread is for asking moderators questions. If you have specific concerns about what has been modded, please conduct them via PM with that particular Mod.
              What is wrong with someone asking for a merged post to be put into context? You could easily have edited in [merged post] so that it wouldnt confuse people reading the thread
              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
              love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                What is wrong with someone asking for a merged post to be put into context? You could easily have edited in [merged post] so that it wouldnt confuse people reading the thread
                I do not feel comfortable editing other people's posts unless what they are saying violates GateWorld policy. "NowIWillDestroyAbydos" asked for the threads to be merged, so he obviously is aware of the possibility that they will be. If he wants to edit his post, he can.

Comment

I also ask as a general question. Should the mods as a common courtesy and to avoid confusion not make it known when they have deleted posts and why? It was quite sometime before I figured out if posts were actually being deleted by someone in this thread and why. In fact it still hasn't been directly stated by Major Tyler that he deleted a raft of posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf Eire
                    I also ask as a general question. Should the mods as a common courtesy and to avoid confusion not make it known when they have deleted posts and why? It was quite sometime before I figured out if posts were actually being deleted by someone in this thread and why. In fact it still hasn't been directly stated by Major Tyler that he deleted a raft of posts.
                    The "Ask the Moderators" thread is for asking moderators questions and nothing more. Anything other than that should be conducted via PM or in another thread. This policy exists so that individuals can more easily find the answer to their question, and make it easier for mods to find new questions. In other words, this is not a discussion thread.

The opening post of this thread clearly details this policy:
                    http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....00&postcount=1
                    Last edited by Major Tyler; 04 February 2006, 03:19 PM.

Comment

The "Ask the Moderators" thread is for asking moderators questions and nothing more. Anything other than that should be conducted via PM or in another thread. This policy exists so that individuals can more easily find the answer to their question, and make it easier for mods to find new questions. In other words, this is not a discussion thread.
                      That's fine but it doesn't address any of the issues I just raised.

Comment

That's fine but it doesn't address any of the issues I just raised.
                        That is not the purpose of this thread. If you have any further issues you feel need to be raised, please do so via PM.

Comment

That is not the purpose of this thread. If you have any further issue you feel need to be raise, please do so via PM.
                          I asked as a general point, should the moderators as courtesy let someone know when their posts have been deleted. I cite the example of a few minutes ago. Mr. Freeman had his post deleted unknown to him. It took a good few posts by Qasim, Gooner Diva and I initially inquisitive and then tongue in cheek before you made any reference. You still have no explicity admitted to deleting those posts. Should moderators not say: Such and such a post deleted because whatever. How are you supposed to know when yours or someone else's disappeared? That's a general question.

Comment

I asked as a general point, should the moderators as courtesy let someone know when their posts have been deleted. I cite the example of a few minutes ago. Mr. Freeman had his post deleted unknown to him. It took a good few posts by Qasim, Gooner Diva and I initially inquisitive and then tongue in cheek before you made any reference. You still have no explicity admitted to deleting those posts. Should moderators not say: Such and such a post deleted because whatever. How are you supposed to know when yours or someone else's disappeared? That's a general question.
                            If you have made a post and then you no longer see it in that thread you can think one of two things
                            1) the Forum ate it
                            2) A Mod deleted it

If you think a Mod deleted it them PM the Mods and ask.
                            THIS thread is not the place nor will we answer those types of PERSONAL questions regarding PERSONAL posts for anyone
                            Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                              If you have made a post and then you no longer see it in that thread you can think one of two things
                              1) the Forum ate it
                              2) A Mod deleted it

If you think a Mod deleted it them PM the Mods and ask.
                              THIS thread is not the place nor will we answer those types of PERSONAL questions regarding PERSONAL posts for anyone
                              Most other forums I visit (please don't answer me with this is not most other forums) as a common courtesy state that they have made a deletion and why for the benefit of both the person who posted it and others. It avoids confusion and serves as an example of as to what is not acceptable to others. There is nothing didactic or beneficial about posts simply disappearing off the face of the earth.

Comment

The "Ask the Moderators" thread is for asking moderators questions and nothing more. Anything other than that should be conducted via PM or in another thread.
                                I agree other things should be conducted via PM, Major Tyler. However, I (and a few other people I know) have expressed legitimate concerns about a certain thread to a certain moderator and haven't gotten as much as a single word of reply. My question is: what should one do in such situations?

Comment

Working...
                                X