This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks!

Greg had worked on /fixed some of the problems several hours ago,( see the Alphasite link in my sig.),but there's now a problem with SciFi Stream that's probably following through to slow the Forum.

Turning off the ads ,pics and sigs helped nothing, so I've turned them back on.

Already sent a mail off,so for now there's no specific advice I can offer.
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
      Thanks!

Greg had worked on /fixed some of the problems several hours ago,( see the Alphasite link in my sig.),but there's now a problem with SciFi Stream that's probably following through to slow the Forum.

Turning off the ads ,pics and sigs helped nothing, so I've turned them back on.

Already sent a mail off,so for now there's no specific advice I can offer.
      Thanks for the info! I was about to confirm the same thing. Now I at least know it's not my computer being wonky again.

Comment

Turns out Greg's been working on SciFiStream etc already and that's why SFS was offline.

SciFi Stream's back and he's now moved on to do other fixes....so it'll be a while before we can say all's back to normal.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FAO those of you accessing the Forum via smartphones,Android,iPhones etc : try swapping your view of the Forum to the "Default Mobile Style",if you haven't already tried out that stylevar.

You can access that option at the foot of the Front page or via your control panel /General settings.Should make loading speedier for you than using the standard "GateWorld vb4" display.
        Last edited by Bagpuss; 01 August 2013, 12:06 AM. Reason: Merged.:)

Comment

Updates

Omnipedia's fixed.

SciFiStream : normal and a new commenting system (DISQUS) is up and running.

( See GW Twitter for details!)

Comment

Updates

Omnipedia's fixed.

SciFiStream : normal and a new commenting system (DISQUS) is up and running.

( See GW Twitter for details!)
            The links on the left in the omnipedia are working for me, but I still can't use the search box. Can't click on it to type something, it's like it's just a picture instead of a search bar. I'm on Chrome, though, so that could be the reason. Just figured I'd let you guys know.
            Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Switched to Chrome to test this .I didn't get any form of pic or other image appear in the search box,BUT I couldn't type into that search box either.

However there IS a work-round .

Go to the search->press the Go button underneath the search box : that gives you the long box and other options in the main piece.

Omni search in Chrome 1.JPG

I typed in "Thor" as a search object :

Omni Search in Chrome 2.JPG

Comment

Omnipedia's fixed.
                Thanks for the good news

Comment

Our pleasure.

Comment

Thanks for the tip.
                    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Y'welcome!

Comment

Thanks once again for your patience on the recent fixes to the Forum, the Omnipedia, and SciFiStream.com, everyone! And thanks especially to Greg and his magic fingers for getting it all sorted for us.

I'd appreciate hearing from anyone who is still experiencing Omnipedia-related issues (Search box or other) but who is NOT using Google Chrome to access it. As far as I can tell this is a Chrome-specific issue with the Search field. But if that's not the case and it is a more wide-spread problem, we'll keep digging.
                        GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                        The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                        Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

What's the difference in responsiblities between a moderator and a Super moderator. I just noticed that term in the "view site leader " link
                          no means no, and so does pepper spray
                          Sig by The Carpenter
                          sigpic

Comment

Is anybody else having an issue with the Latest Reputation Given links under My Controls? Unlike Latest Reputation Received, when I click on a link instead of the actual post I gave somebody reputation for it only takes me to the first post in that thread

For now I get around it by memorising or copying the post number and suitably modifying the address, but is it possible for this to be fixed at some point so it works like Latest Reputation Received?
                            And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                            sigpic
                            Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
                              What's the difference in responsiblities between a moderator and a Super moderator. I just noticed that term in the "view site leader " link
                              All it means is that we've been testing something.

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                                Is anybody else having an issue with the Latest Reputation Given links under My Controls? Unlike Latest Reputation Received, when I click on a link instead of the actual post I gave somebody reputation for it only takes me to the first post in that thread

For now I get around it by memorising or copying the post number and suitably modifying the address, but is it possible for this to be fixed at some point so it works like Latest Reputation Received?
                                It's an inconvenience left by vbb when they last upgraded the rep templates.

One day a further upgrade will fix the link,or Darren will find the code and customise it for our use.

Comment

Working...
                                X