• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    I doubt that'd be possible.

Ronon -the SGA Character

Ronan -Jaffa in SG-1 (The Lost City)

If anyone posts a typo in a canon character name,about all we recommend is a gentle correction.
    Oh well, worth a shot. Thanks!
    sigpic

Comment

If this has been asked before than I apologize as this thread is over 600 pages long.

Most user classification names (general, captain, first lieutenant) I know because there is a list on one of the guides. Today I logged in to see I went from first lieutenant to mater. That and others I have seen (other than mods) are different from the list. Are there in between post classifications? Just wondering why I am a tow truck from the cars movie right now
      sigpic
      by: SerenaSerenity

Comment

Is there some work being done to the Omnipedia or is there something wrong with it again because it's taking a while to load and it's looking like this again:

This happening in: Chrome, IE 9, Oprea 12.16 and Firefox 12

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

planet_tv, I really have no idea what's going on, and I don't have time to investigate before I go to work. Maybe one of the other mods can answer you when they come in. Just wanted to let you know I'm not ignoring you.

Originally posted by kamiikiteiru View Post
          If this has been asked before than I apologize as this thread is over 600 pages long.

Most user classification names (general, captain, first lieutenant) I know because there is a list on one of the guides. Today I logged in to see I went from first lieutenant to mater. That and others I have seen (other than mods) are different from the list. Are there in between post classifications? Just wondering why I am a tow truck from the cars movie right now
          Once a month we have a theme-weekend. Last month it was Iron Man, this one is Pixar movies, next month who knows. There is a thread for this months theme, where people can let us know what they like/don't like about the theme, or just to have fun. At the end of the weekend the ranks will be reset to the old system, Major, Colonel, General...

There are few people other then the mods that have custom titles permanently, which they received as reward of some kind, for example a few weeks ago we hit 10 million posts on the forum, and to celebrate we gave custom ranks to the person who did the actual 10th million post as well as the 5 members with biggest post numbers.
          sigpic

Comment

Omnipedia

It's not operating as normal for quick-search in FF,IE 9 and 10 or Chrome (all latest editions/patches) for me either.

Mailed Darren with the details.

See requote from the last time this issue occurred :

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
            Switched to Chrome to test this .I didn't get any form of pic or other image appear in the search box,BUT I couldn't type into that search box either.

However there IS a work-round .

Go to the search->press the Go button underneath the search box : that gives you the long box and other options in the main piece.

[ATTACH]38386[/ATTACH]

I typed in "Thor" as a search object :

[ATTACH]38387[/ATTACH]
            That work-round (advanced search) worked again today in the different browsers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

While I'm here ...

Yahoo updated the GW Alphasite Group a couple of days ago.

Everything still works properly,but the options and buttons have been switched around.

The Group banner is rather different at the moment ,but it'll be sorted out at some point.
            The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Update re the Omnipedia : Darren's referred the report to Greg.

Please use the work-round (LINK) till he has time to sort it all out.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Also :

Server Move imminent

There may be 30 minutes or so of Forum/other downtime during September 7-8 while the migration is in progress.

If there are any changes to that schedule,we'll try to let you all know in advance.

(*Any relevant info will be posted to the Alphasite too,so bookmark the Group link in my sig.

You won't have to join to read the messages over there.)

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                There are few people other then the mods that have custom titles permanently, which they received as reward of some kind, for example a few weeks ago we hit 10 million posts on the forum, and to celebrate we gave custom ranks to the person who did the actual 10th million post as well as the 5 members with biggest post numbers.
                Ah, that explains my confusion from last week...

Hope remains to be named Heightmeyer's Lemming at some point in time.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Bagpuss - Thanks for passing it on so the Omnipedia can get looked at and I'll keep the workaround in mind should I need to use Omnipedia in the meantime.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Hi. I know i have to wait a little bit after 2k posts to have a custom avi, but i've already waited 3 days and still no can do. Is there another factor then reaching the 2k posts or do i have to wait, wait some more?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by planet_tv View Post
                      Bagpuss - Thanks for passing it on so the Omnipedia can get looked at and I'll keep the workaround in mind should I need to use Omnipedia in the meantime.
                      Good idea and you're very welcome!

Greg's fixed the Omnipedia again,(Thank you ,Greg!) but as this is the second time there's been a problem recently he's rechecking all the coding.

Comment

Originally posted by Scofield View Post
                        Hi. I know i have to wait a little bit after 2k posts to have a custom avi, but i've already waited 3 days and still no can do. Is there another factor then reaching the 2k posts or do i have to wait, wait some more?
                        There's a time factor involved.

I'll reply to your pm in a moment.

Comment

I see, thanks for letting me know.
                          sigpic

Comment

You're welcome!

Comment

i hope the work being done on the forum will also get the 'view new posts' button back!!
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

There does seem to be a couple of things MIA - like the Forum button at the top of the page, or the other links at the top of the page such as calendar and FAQs
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X