• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

You're welcome!

(When we find out more,we'll try to give advance warnings,as usual.)
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

I always seem to experience the lagging around the same time (2300-0000h for UTC+1), not sure if that helps or not but figured I should mention it since it only seems to occur then for me.
        Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Any chance we could the the Fic Update Thread stickied in the Fanfic forum? What with all the list threads and everything else there now, I just had to dig down to page 3 to find it and post.

Thanks!

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
          Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
          sigpic
          now also appearing on DeviantArt
          Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
            I always seem to experience the lagging around the same time (2300-0000h for UTC+1), not sure if that helps or not but figured I should mention it since it only seems to occur then for me.
            Thanks,but the lags were spread over several time zones.

( Haven't hit one myself for several days now,and nobody's reported any ,so hopefully Greg's temp-fix worked.)

Comment

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
              Any chance we could the the Fic Update Thread stickied in the Fanfic forum? What with all the list threads and everything else there now, I just had to dig down to page 3 to find it and post.

Thanks!
              Under discussion.

Comment

Given that only three people are really using it, I don't think it'd be fair to all the other authors that maintain any other individual fic update threads. Folks all have their sigs to advertise their fics, and those that do use it can subscribe to the thread and bring it up to the top whenever they have updates.
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I'm guessing that if it were easier to find, more people probably WOULD use it. Part of the reason it sees little use may be due to the fact that it's usually buried... and even a week without activity can do that to a thread. We have a lot of stickied threads in Fanfic that almost no one posts on anymore, and that only see action once every couple of months if that... and they're still stickied...

I don't think most people change their sig to announce new chapters. I know it would be difficult in one as complicated as mine.

Just offering some feedback...

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                  Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                  sigpic
                  now also appearing on DeviantArt
                  Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Writers,both established and new can search through the section and subscribe or just post quite easily to topics they have an interest in.

Your feedback is noted.
                    The situation can be revisited/reviewed at some point in the future,but right now we can't see any reason to make changes.

Comment

Stupid question of the day:

is there a way to link to a specific post in GW and not just the page where that post is?
                      sigpic
                      Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                      Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
                        Stupid question of the day:

is there a way to link to a specific post in GW and not just the page where that post is?
                        NEVERMIND! I got it, thanks.
                        sigpic
                        Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                        Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

happy to not do a thing
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

While the lags seem to finally be gone, I'm now experiencing some kind of white/gray blocked screen (covers either the top or lower half of my screen) when I'm opening a thread or specific (sub)forum. It only lasts a second if not less, but it's really irritating and confusing. Could that have something to do with the temporary fix or some other new thing (it started today)? It only happens on this website, I'm using Chrome (up to date) and adblock in case it matters.
                            Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Nothing's been altered/upgraded here lately.

Is it happening on a specific thread or page?

( I've switched to Chrome and Adblocks to see if I can find anything and so far : no luck!)

Comment

Hi mods,

Can I adjust anything on my control panel or profile page before reaching the 2,000 posts required for an avatar? I wanted to subscribe to a few threads and could not do so. Just curious-
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X