This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Having to manually uncheck the multiquotes started happening at least a year ago.Until vbb come up with a fix,then there are no work-rounds we can offer.
    There is a work-around. Go to another thread where you didn't quote any posts. Double click the reply to thread button at bottom of the page (goes to advanced posting). Underneath the area where you type your message will be this message

You have selected 2 posts that are not part of this thread. Quote these posts as well, or deselect these posts.

The bold statements will be clickable, click the deselect link. Wait for the message to disappear and then cancel the post.
    sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Your reply can certainly stand so it helps others ,but I just found it took about 2 minutes to go through all that process ,and it's fastest for me personally to simply uncheck the multiquotes in the thread originally being posted to.

Maybe that's just the case in FF11 and IE8,or I might have a browser problem.

I just messaged Awinita and asked her test this out and let us know how it worked for her.
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Huzzah!! It works! Thanmks You two! Also, I thought of reporting as that message got annoying. But thanks, glad it works for the moment at least using that work around!

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
        "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
        "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
          Why are random words starting to become links?
          im getting the same (less now) but Ukko if you hover over the linked word does an add show up then if you click you go to a survey?
          sigpic
          Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
            To answer that,it'd be handy to have some links or a screencap.
            The word Join in your post became a link. When i hover over it this shows up.

Spoiler:

I dont even live in Leighton Buzzard!

Clicking on that one took me here, and clicking on the ? in the little popup takes me here.

It may not be GW since links have shown up elsewhere now. I ran a virus scan and came up with nothing. None of my add ons have anything to do with it. Is anyone else on Firefox seeing these?

Originally posted by LT. COL. John Sheppard View Post
            im getting the same (less now) but Ukko if you hover over the linked word does an add show up then if you click you go to a survey?
            A little add shows up (see spoiler tag) but i dont get a survey when i click. Likely different links give different results.
            Are you using Firefox?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
              A little add shows up (see spoiler tag) but i dont get a survey when i click. Likely different links give different results.Are you using Firefox?
              i used to use Nightly (which is Firefox) then it crashed so now i use Google Chrome and when i switched it stopped
              but yeah that is the same one i had either switch browsers or give it some time (mind you mine lasted 1 year)
              sigpic
              Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Are you both running the latest versions of Firefox and Chrome ,and have you checked the add-ons and extensions in your browser settings to make sure they're working ?

Comment

Somet5hing tells me that it is either BIng, a search engine false positive, or it is a redirect virus, the link you posts Ukko is a virus loaded site, Chrome refused to let me go there as it gave me a massive WARNING!! GOING HERE MAY HARM YOUR COMPUTER!! notice.

just my two cents

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                  "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                  "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

I've already e-mailed Darren a link to Ukko's screencap /post.

Let's hold off on any further speculation for now,thanks till I/we hear back from him.

Comment

I haven't been noticing words turning into links and I've been on mobile safari the past couple of days, which has zero ad block what so every (Beyond not running flash) So i'm wondering if it's individual malware on a person's computer.
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Ukko: From your description I would guess that you have a case of malware on your machine. Malwarebytes is a great program for scanning and removing, if it's something that your normal virus scanner does not detect.
                        GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                        The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                        Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Have we suddenly got a new form on cell phones?? Today when I checked the forum on my cell (a Android). And it now comes across in App forum. Interesting in design.

Best thing is not having to tap the screen untill the words are big enough to read!!!!
                          MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                          MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                          POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                          CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
                          GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
                          VCON VANCOUVER 2010
                          FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

the last upgrade apparently is more mobile friendly
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

hi, i now have an iphone but am unable to get signed in on gateworld. it keeps telling me the user name and password are incorrect, but it's exactly the same as i use to sign on to my computer. thier to get a new password but it tells me that the user name is wrong. i tried registering but it tells me that my user name and password are already in use. help!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
                                hi, i now have an iphone but am unable to get signed in on gateworld. it keeps telling me the user name and password are incorrect, but it's exactly the same as i use to sign on to my computer. thier to get a new password but it tells me that the user name is wrong. i tried registering but it tells me that my user name and password are already in use. help!!!!
                                Greg listed that as a glitch to the new update. Check the thread here.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X