This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Captain Lazlo View Post
    It isn't there when I use Chrome only is there with IE...another bug.
    There is a history of different bugs hitting different browsers. Unfortunately that's a problem coming from VBulletin and not much can be done from here.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
      Go to your profile. On the top right side, above the VMs there is a Customize my profile button. It's dark blue letters on dark background and easy to miss.
      Ah! It's virtually invisible, but I found it - thanks!
      sigpic
      Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

Hi. Two questions:

1) Would it be considered spamming/ unwanted advertising to post something about a game related to Stargate in the appropriate folder?

2) What folder should I post it in?

Thanks.

Comment

It seems we have a demon in our midst. Draygon and ScifiSGfan has informed me I have this on my profile page when in conversation with them. Not everyone can see it, so it may have something to do with the browser's they are using. Apparently AtlantisRules!!! has it as well. I've asked my daughter to go to my page, she can't see it, but my wife can. One is using Firefox and the other Opera, so that might be a clue or nothing. I doubt it's someone on GW, but I'd be grateful if it could looked into. AIt doesn't bother me as I cannot see it, but it is troubling.

My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
          sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

Originally posted by sgc View Post
            Hi. Two questions:

1) Would it be considered spamming/ unwanted advertising to post something about a game related to Stargate in the appropriate folder?

2) What folder should I post it in?

Thanks.
            You haven't specified what type of game you're asking about .

If you're referring to a "Fun and Games" folder game,or an off-site game mod ( Just examples ) : see my answer re the RPGs : here.

No harm in incorporating a link to said game inside your sig .

If you need a more specific answer,please tell us !

Originally posted by puddlejumperOZ View Post
            It seems we have a demon in our midst. Draygon and ScifiSGfan has informed me I have this on my profile page when in conversation with them. Not everyone can see it, so it may have something to do with the browser's they are using. Apparently AtlantisRules!!! has it as well. I've asked my daughter to go to my page, she can't see it, but my wife can. One is using Firefox and the other Opera, so that might be a clue or nothing. I doubt it's someone on GW, but I'd be grateful if it could looked into. AIt doesn't bother me as I cannot see it, but it is troubling.

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/u.../Picture13.png
            No luck trying to replicate what you're seeing using FF ,IE8 and 9 or Safari ,but I've asked the other Mods to test this out too.
            Will get back you once that's done.
            The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Alteran of Atlantis and Aretood2 have also complained to me about seeing a similar thing on the background of their conversation with me.
              Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
              ---
              sigpic

Comment

Are they seeing the same pic PJOZ capped ,or a different image ?

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                  Are they seeing the same pic PJOZ capped ,or a different image ?
                  AOA didn't say what shes seeing, Tood is seeing a picture of Amanda Tapping and one of Claudia from WH13 and Dray's seeing this:

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
                  ---
                  sigpic

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Similar issue when people are viewing conversation with me, they see this image on the background. It isn't put there by me, isn't my attachment either
                      sigpic

Comment

Thanks CM.

Still working on the source of the problem ,but it looks like a coding issue that Greg/Darren will need to fix.

Comment

Update /temporary fixes .

These won't stop the wrong images from being crossed over to VM Conversations ,but will help you through till a permanent fix is found by Greg/Darren :

Go into General Settings/My controls :

Uncheck the box
                          "User Customizations" then click to save the changes.

That hides the lot,and wont interfere with conversations.

( You can also disable all customizations via your Profile "Wall")

Another tip : Applicable if you use Firefox and have Adblock plus :

If you prefer to view Customised Profiles but want to block the pictures etc from your conversations :
                          right-click on the background image
                          click "Add Filter" on Adblock Plus : Block image.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                            Update /temporary fixes .

These won't stop the wrong images from being crossed over to VM Conversations ,but will help you through till a permanent fix is found by Greg/Darren :

Go into General Settings/My controls :

Uncheck the box
                            "User Customizations" then click to save the changes.

That hides the lot,and wont interfere with conversations.
                            That's not a fix because that box doesn't work anymore. This was reported in this thread or the vb patch thread.
                            sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
                              That's not a fix because that box doesn't work anymore. This was reported in this thread or the vb patch thread.
                              The fixes I posted all worked for myself,other moderators and umpteen other people so far.
                              It seems to vary according to browser used.

Also if say one wants to hide one person's VM conversation background,selecting "Hide customization" automatically unchecks the box in general settings...so has to be set again.

Worth testing.Worth posting about.

Until this is fixed,my duty is to post possibilities and potential work rounds .

If they don't work for some of you ,I'm afraid that can't be helped.

Comment

How do I get my signature to show up??
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X