This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greg View Post
    The newsletter system will be fixed over the weekend.
    Should it be fixed now? I tried, and still got the same "403".
    sigpic

Comment

Ditto .I tried via this link GateWorld Dispatch and got the same error code.

Not sure if Greg had time to do anything during last night's site/forum outage,or whether the break re-occurred ,so I'll mail him.
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

^ E-mailed Greg a few minutes after that post ,but whilst that Feature's unavailable,or to save browsing time ,RSS Feed is v useful.

GateWorld-RSS FEEDS

You (the generalised you) will need to choose the method of delivery that best suits you and your browser/OS .

( To use RSS for the forum sections,the same process applies.Pick a section : sub.)

Comment

Alrighty, something quite odd is happening to me. I cannot get to the site by clicking my (bookmarked) link. I get a message saying Safari cannot open page because the server isn't responding. But, when I Google gateworld and use that link (to the GW homepage) I get here no problem. Am I the only one experiencing this?

Thanks in advance!

Oh, and just out of curiosity, why is Greg's avatar so BIG? Because he's the site admin?
          sigpic
          Sig by ME.

Comment

You're not the only one, RiG. I've been having issues getting my browser to connect all day long. I use Firefox, and it says that the connection timed out because there's a problem with the link.

Comment

Chrome and IE have been working fine for me, wonder if it's something to do with yesterday's outage?
              sigpic

Comment

The Site and Forum were offline for quite some time yesterday.

It's likely that your ISPs are taking some time to update and re-find the "addresses".

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                  Chrome and IE have been working fine for me, wonder if it's something to do with yesterday's outage?
                  Probably. Why was there an outage? Or do "we" not know that yet?

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                  The Site and Forum were offline for quite some time yesterday.

It's likely that your ISPs are taking some time to update and re-find the "addresses".
                  Ah, thanks for heads up!

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
                  You're not the only one, RiG. I've been having issues getting my browser to connect all day long. I use Firefox, and it says that the connection timed out because there's a problem with the link.
                  Good to know. I have Safari because it's supposed to be better for using GW. I still have Firefox though, just in case. I miss my Firefox.

Maybe the replicators have eaten the links we use? Maybe they're taking over GW!

And, thanks so much for the prompt responses!
                  sigpic
                  Sig by ME.

Comment

I use FF and I occasionally get 'server doesn't respond' time outs - on mobile safari too, usually when i reload it's back

some intermittent issue that greg knows about but....kinda hard to track down
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      I use FF and I occasionally get 'server doesn't respond' time outs - on mobile safari too, usually when i reload it's back
                      Hmm... Sorry, "reload"? Reload what? Please excuse my denseness, I'm exhausted from running around with my nieces and nephew all day so...I can't brain.

some intermittent issue that greg knows about but....kinda hard to track down
                      Ah. Thanks. At least he knows.
                      sigpic
                      Sig by ME.

Comment

In IE reloading is accomplished by hitting F5. In safari, click the little arrow in a circle icon to 'reload' the page.
                        Reloading is a way to tell the computer 'try it again'.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          In IE reloading is accomplished by hitting F5. In safari, click the little arrow in a circle icon to 'reload' the page.
                          Reloading is a way to tell the computer 'try it again'.
                          I know what reloading is...my tired mind just didn't want to remind me. Thank you. I've tried the reload button and it doesn't work. I'll just have to wait for Safari to "update and re-find the address". Thanks again.
                          sigpic
                          Sig by ME.

Comment

Just a heads up, every now and again View First Unread works, however this only happens is threads I haven't visited in SOOOOOO long. Otherwise clicking the link only takes me to the very newst post at the top of the page of where the new posts begin.

Not sure if this has been looked at or not recently since Greg put in the support ticket for the trouble {Currently using newst build of Chrome, and IE 9 beta}

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                            "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                            "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

the fix to the 'last unread' should be coming in a soon update. I think it's a cookie issue....and if you access old threads before there were cookie issues, it works. just not with current ones

sigpic

Comment

http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-12957

its actually a VB bug, It will be fixed with VB 4.1.7 which is due early October.

Comment

Working...
                                X