Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I totally messed up that joke, didn't I?

Comment

If you remix a copyrighted song are you allowed to post a link to the remix?
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

What do you mean by remix? If its a parody of the song you then own all rights to it..
        sigpic
        Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

Nope not a parody:

A remix is an alternate mix of a song different from the original version, made using the techniques of audio editing. It may incorporate elements of dance music. It is often used to create an upbeat version of a song for playing by disc jockeys in nightclubs.
          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

i think that's a darren question since it deals with copyright issues. he's the one who would get in trouble so i think it's his call
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Okay I have a question about... signatures
              I made this awesome siggy with a
              Spoiler:
              kiss
              from The Long Goodbye. I really want to use it but I know I can't because of spoilers. I was wondering, when can we use spoilers from recent episodes in our siggys? After they air in U.S.?
              but then again.. everyone in U.S. has seen the Promo! Or are we going to have to wait until it airs in U.K.?
              Last edited by Erised; 06 January 2006, 08:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Erised
                Spoiler:
                kiss
                from The Long Goodbye. I really want to use it but I know I can't because of spoilers. I was wondering, when can we use spoilers from recent episodes in our siggys? After they air in U.S.?
                but then again.. everyone in U.S. has seen the Promo! Or are we going to have to wait until it airs in U.K.?
                As its a major spoiler you cant use it until the ep airs in syndication in the US according to the rules but then again you will be hard pressed to find someone who isnt already aware of the 'incident'
                love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Erised
                  Spoiler:
                  kiss
                  If this is a picture from a commercial on Sci-Fi, from what I understand it is considered a spoiler even though it is promotional.

Mainly since eeryone does not get Sci-Fi and therefore can't see the commercials.

Spoilers are spoilers and the rules apply to pictures as well as text.
                  Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Can a mod please delete Post# 14450 from the Vancouver Con 2006 thread?

I hit submit the first time around, and ending up with a "can't Find Server" error. So i hit the "Back" button, and then submit again, and i ended up with a double post.

Comment

There are only 2502 posts in that thread are you sure about the number?

it is the white # in the upper right hand corner of your post - like if you look at my post it is post # 1114

I will scan the thread a bit and see if I can find your duplicate but members can delete their own posts
                      just click on *edit* and then click on *delete* if you are not seeing a delete button - go advanced - the dete portion is above the Advanced editing box.

You can only delete your own posts so don't get excited
                      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                        You can only delete your own posts so don't get excited
                        I thought that would be obvious as the edit button only appears on your own posts
                        love Torri

Comment

Regarding the remix issue: It's the gray area of "fandom," where copyrighted material is used without permission for fannish purposes (like creating wallpapers, fanfic, sigs, avatars, ad infinitum).

I think it's acceptable to post links to such stuff here, if it's hosted elsewhere and not uploaded as a file attachment.
                          GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                          The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                          Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Thanks for the prompt response - hope family life is going well for you
                            love Torri

Comment

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=22110

This thread needs to be closed or merged with the "Anti-S9" thread. Because the poem was written in the "Anti-S9" thread and it doesn't need it's own thread... Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGator5
                                http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=22110

This thread needs to be closed or merged with the "Anti-S9" thread. Because the poem was written in the "Anti-S9" thread and it doesn't need it's own thread... Thank you.
                                I second this request.

Comment

Working...
                                X