This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Mods..

Tiny issue. a couple of the members have tried to send me PM's but for some reason i'm not reciving them. I've checked my settings and everythings fine there.... am i the only one with this problem?

any help would be great guys thanks!
    sigpic

General Of The Tesla Troopers, Proud Member of Magnett, MOP and SHIP

Comment

Originally posted by jmoz View Post
      Don't know if this has been said, but in quick reply, there used to be the alignment feature, left, center, right. Was that also a semi-tweak? But it's ok, that's not too important, glad the spoiler button is back though, so thanks to whomever.
      I think that might've been on the tweaks to-do list,but till Darren gets a chance to catch up in the meantime ,you'll have to type in the codes manually I'm afraid.
      eg : [CENTER] like this [/CENTER ( put the end bracket in after the "R" to get
      this

Originally posted by atlantis_babe34 View Post
      Hey Mods..

Tiny issue. a couple of the members have tried to send me PM's but for some reason i'm not reciving them. I've checked my settings and everythings fine there.... am i the only one with this problem?

any help would be great guys thanks!
      Check out your private messaging options in your controls to make sure you've set "Recieve private messages " to "From all members".

Then VM one of the people who can't pm you and ask them to send you a test pm.

After that,come back and tell us if it worked ,or if you still can't recieve your messages.
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

It could have something to do with the fact that there seem to be two users with the exact same username "atlantis_babe34" 'cause when I try sending a PM to one I end up with the profile of the other one... Weird.
        Here are the links:
        http://forum.gateworld.net/members/9329-atlantis_babe34
        http://forum.gateworld.net/members/4...tlantis_babe34
        A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Yep.Been checking it out too.
          atlantis_babe34 : I sent a test pm and it came through to this account here
          Looks like you'll need to use that Account till your accounts are reset.

I've let Darren,Greg and the Admins know.

Comment

I would like to thank whoever fixed the "Scroll-bar" issue. Weither it was a broser issue or a forum issue, i think thanks is still needed.

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

I noticed that the icon legend on the main page of forum isn't the Stargate ones.

Also posted it in Visual/Forum Tweaks forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
                It could have something to do with the fact that there seem to be two users with the exact same username "atlantis_babe34" 'cause when I try sending a PM to one I end up with the profile of the other one... Weird.
                Here are the links:
                http://forum.gateworld.net/members/9329-atlantis_babe34
                http://forum.gateworld.net/members/4...tlantis_babe34
                Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                Yep.Been checking it out too.
                atlantis_babe34 : I sent a test pm and it came through to this account here
                Looks like you'll need to use that Account till your accounts are reset.

I've let Darren,Greg and the Admins know.
                Its not worring me so much i'm chatting to people though my profile, but as i said to Jper, i was told they were gonna be merged.. funny thing is tho, and i just realised this, is that i've recived PM's on this account before. its only recently that this has been happing like the past 2 weeks recent.

Thanks for letting the Admins know
                sigpic

General Of The Tesla Troopers, Proud Member of Magnett, MOP and SHIP

Comment

As for issues with Attachment/galleries, when we were having server crash issues a number of months ago, I moved attachments out of the database and onto the raw disk, however this seemed to corrupt some of the images. Unfortunately I was unable to resolve/fix or reverse the process.

Comment

so, i'm afraid, if your galleries are messed up, please just start over.
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                      Sorry about the disappearing albums problem, everyone. Hopefully those of you who have experienced this have kept back-ups of your images and can re-upload them.

It seems to be a problem with how the updated vB forum software communicates with its database. If Greg has time he may look at the database itself to make sure nothing has been corrupted (as happens when we occasionally lose a large thread). But my best recommendation is to delete the album entirely and create another one, and re-upload the images.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
                      Ahh... I see. At least now I know. Cheers muchly.
                      sigpic

Comment

Hi Mods,

I'm new, and even though my activation email told me to go ahead and fix up my profile, I can't seem to access it. At first I thought it was due to Probie status, but then I noted other probies who could. Help? Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance!
                        MoB
                        sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Hi !
                          Members on Probie status can't edit their profiles.
                          See post one of this thread for more info Probie Status for New Members

So...once you get past Probie Status,you can post freely and change whatever you like .

Plus to add to the confusion ,Probie User Level ( aka post rank ) is 0-24 posts X-treme guide to GateWorld (for newbies)

There's also a randomiser built into the mix.
                          Hope that helps !

Comment

Thanks for clarifying!
                            sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Y'welcome. Happy posting !

Comment

Does anyone know what happened with my thread I posted in the SGU general forum?

It hasn't shown up by now.

Comment

Working...
                                X