• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    and isn't it color, not colour?

the words you want colored need to be in between the tags

color
    [COLOR="Orange" ]color[ /COLOR]
    Here's a stupid question but I have to ask since I saw this post, why is colour spelt wrongly?

And I found the smilie button, thnx

Comment

tisn't my idea that HTML be spelt in US instead of UK english
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One
        color is spelled correctly, it is you and ^^ who spell it wrong
        I have the Oxford dictionary in front of me and it says "colour" and that is what we were always taught in school, New Zealand.

I think I saw it in a few posts back but I can't remember, how long does my Probie status last until I can edit my profile?

Comment

the duration of probie status varies. darren has it set to randomly change. This is a protection against spammers who join and then post a few posts and then spam (and they're trying that now), and also against those members who - for whatever reasons - create multiple accounts.

We have some users that have created extra accounts to circumvent moderation, and others...for some reason like to create multiple accounts and then spend their days talking to themselves.

sigpic

Comment

Mr TP, aka "the tasty fruit farmer" set up an account ages ago but didn't post much (if at all). Now he finds he can't VM or PM or change his profile etc.

The message he gets suggests one of the options might be that he hadn't replied to the activation email he got at the time. His inbox is pretty chaotic and he can't find it. Would it be possible for it to be resent to him, or will he have to re-register?
            sigpic
            Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

no. there was a period of time when our e-mail server wasn't sendig out mails. Just pm me or one of the other mods with his username and we can send out his activation codes manually

sigpic

Comment

no. there was a period of time when our e-mail server wasn't sendig out mails. Just pm me or one of the other mods with his username and we can send out his activation codes manually
                Since he can't PM will I have to do that for him? His user name is "the tasty fruit farmer" but I take it you need his email address? I'll check with him when I see him tonight which one he used.
                Thanks.
                sigpic
                Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

the duration of probie status varies. darren has it set to randomly change. This is a protection against spammers who join and then post a few posts and then spam (and they're trying that now), and also against those members who - for whatever reasons - create multiple accounts.

We have some users that have created extra accounts to circumvent moderation, and others...for some reason like to create multiple accounts and then spend their days talking to themselves.
                  I was going to ask again but you've answered me so thanks, but now my dumbness shows through, I'm new to the net so i don't know all the language, what is spamming?

Comment

mrs tasty fruit farmer has done as above - so i can activate and vm with people?

Comment

Originally posted by the tasty fruit farmer View Post
                      mrs tasty fruit farmer has done as above - so i can activate and vm with people?
                      Your account is activated but you are on new member/probie status for now which means that your posts will need to be approved before posting until you have participated on the forum for a while.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

thank you. but it looks like i can't answer my vms because there is no box at the top of the page to write my reply in. and i can't pm any one.

Comment

Originally posted by Weedle View Post
                          I was going to ask again but you've answered me so thanks, but now my dumbness shows through, I'm new to the net so i don't know all the language, what is spamming?
                          Spam is the abuse of electronic messaging systems (including most broadcast media, digital delivery systems) to send unsolicited bulk messages indiscriminately usually trying to sell something.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

i cant ask people to be friends either, is it maybe because i opened the account then didnt use it for a year? sorry for being a nuisance.

Comment

all probies are restricted in their access. this includes VM's and PM's and editing the profile. This is because we've had spammers use all those methods to send their unsolicited messages to anyone they could send them to.

be patient and join in and you'll be off probie status in no time.

for more answers,we have a members helping members thread in this folder, as well as a probie thread that will go into more details about the situation

sigpic

Comment

all probies are restricted in their access. this includes VM's and PM's and editing the profile. This is because we've had spammers use all those methods to send their unsolicited messages to anyone they could send them to.

be patient and join in and you'll be off probie status in no time.

for more answers,we have a members helping members thread in this folder, as well as a probie thread that will go into more details about the situation
                                thanx I can edit my profile now and stuff. This is way better than a couple of other Forums I looked at, seems a lot friendlier as well, lots of nice people and no swearing which is cool

Comment

Working...
                                X