This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    it probably is a DNS thing. Your ISP goes out and 'pings' sites on a regular basis. If that site loads, cool, if not, then it doesn't. But if you access your ISP when it's saved image of this forum is during one of its out times, then your ISP thinks it's down when it's really not. Clearing the cookies, clearing your cache can sometimes alleviate this because it forces your ISP to go out and look for hte most up to date page, not just what they have stored
    Hi, I send this to someone who was having this problem and they said it didn';t work.... any more ideas?
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
    ---
    sigpic

Comment

If you are experiencing Forum/Server issues please note them in the below thread so we can have them all in one place for Greg to review.

Forum Glitches as of 8/23/09
      Last edited by TameFarrar; 25 August 2009, 02:52 AM.
      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        it probably is a DNS thing. Your ISP goes out and 'pings' sites on a regular basis. If that site loads, cool, if not, then it doesn't. But if you access your ISP when it's saved image of this forum is during one of its out times, then your ISP thinks it's down when it's really not. Clearing the cookies, clearing your cache can sometimes alleviate this because it forces your ISP to go out and look for hte most up to date page, not just what they have stored
        i tried this it didnt work but im back on as of yesterday, just like to say thankyou for taking time to answer my question
        sigpic

Comment

greg seems to have fixed teh majority of the issues, but i know we have a few little ones lurking around.

here's hoping he can track down whatever the bug is
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Hi Mods,
            I'm a newbie so sorry if I'm pulling this in the wrong place. Is there a section for Stargate related crafts and things? Since joining here I've hear of a lot of people making costumes and things so it seems like its something that would be on here but I cannot for the life of me find a specific area just random posts. If I am correct ,and am not missing it, would I be able to start the thread or can't newbies do that?
            Thanks for the help.
            WraithQueenH

"You are more like Wraith than you know."
            "I'm not sure I like the sound of that."
            "There is much about Wraith that you do not know, Sheppard."
            - John Sheppard and Todd, "Common Ground"

"We all agree the Ancients were pretty screwed up. All the ones I met were arrogant and condescending and not for good reason. Now they made giant mistakes and never fixed them." - John Sheppard

Comment

Originally posted by WraithQueenH View Post
              Hi Mods,
              I'm a newbie so sorry if I'm pulling this in the wrong place. Is there a section for Stargate related crafts and things? Since joining here I've hear of a lot of people making costumes and things so it seems like its something that would be on here but I cannot for the life of me find a specific area just random posts. If I am correct ,and am not missing it, would I be able to start the thread or can't newbies do that?
              Thanks for the help.
              look at the threads in the *Fandom Folder*
              Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Is there a thread or place to discuss the interviews that are on the home page? When you read the transcript of the interviews with John Lenic or Christina McQuarrie, for example, at the end you are directed to the forum in general and not to a comments area.
                Just wondering. Thanks!
                sigpic

Comment

It should take you to a thread in "Gateworld Features". However there doesn't seem to be one for the last three interviews that were posted. Let me check and see what I can find out for you.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KatG View Post
                    It should take you to a thread in "Gateworld Features". However there doesn't seem to be one for the last three interviews that were posted. Let me check and see what I can find out for you.
                    Thank you
                    sigpic

Comment

Hi, ooh this is my first post here I have a question
                      Upgrading the GW e-mail service seems a lot of money for what you get, does any of the money actually go to GateWorld?
                      EDIT: This question seems weird now i've thought about it. Nevermind
                      Last edited by Captain Chaap; 29 August 2009, 02:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                        Is there a thread or place to discuss the interviews that are on the home page? When you read the transcript of the interviews with John Lenic or Christina McQuarrie, for example, at the end you are directed to the forum in general and not to a comments area.
                        Just wondering. Thanks!
                        Sorry it took so long. Had to wait to hear back from Darren.

Originally posted by Darren
                        Posters can start a thread if they don't see one. We're going to stop making official threads for every single one -- just the "biggies" -- since many are getting little to no discussion.
                        So, go ahead and start one if you like. If you would please, put it into "Gateworld Features" so that we keep some kind of order.
                        sigpic

Comment

I was just wondering how do I create a ''Single Post''?
                          I tried searching for the answer but no good.
                          Any help deeply appricated!
                          Whatever the ancients can do we can, eventually, do better.

Comment

I'm not really sure what you're asking.

Do you want to start a thread?
                            sigpic

Comment

Well TBH I was thinking about writing a fan-fic and read there that it's advisable to post them as ''single posts'' rather than threads.
                              Also I've noticed that some forum users have links to their own ''single posts'' in there sigs (if you know what I mean).
                              TBH honest not sure if ''single posts'' is the right word.
                              Whatever the ancients can do we can, eventually, do better.

Comment

Hey mods,

I got a visitor message from a newbie so it came through as an unapproved vistor message and then a mod note on the actual message.

I have read the message and responded, however in my notifications box, it still keeps showing up that I have a message waiting.

When does that go away?...I keep thinking I've got to check for messages!

What's weird is the first message did not get modded or unapprove visitor message but the second message did.
                                sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Working...
                                X