Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It appears that there was a major pruning of threads in the Identity folder, did they just get merged into the Gerneral Discussion thread or are they gone? Just wondering as I was planning on replying to something and now can't find it.
    Thank you
    sigpic

Comment

I know that Sky and Tame had to do a major amount of merging, so I suspect that is what happened.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy View Post
        I know that Sky and Tame had to do a major amount of merging, so I suspect that is what happened.
        Thank you
        sigpic

Comment

There were a lot of duplicate threads that really needed to be in the general episode thread, and redirects were not left in place for all of them.

Sometimes we use redirects, sometiems we don't, largely because, especially in a small folder like an episode discussion folder, that redirect can stay there, cluttering the place up, for weeks or longer...and some are even permanent. That's why we'll sometimes merge without redirects.

In the 'new thread' frenzy of the cancellation of SG1 and SGA, we deliberately stopped using redirects because, in hte case of SG1, we merged a couple HUNDRED threads in a 24 hour period. Can you imagine what the gen discussion folder would have looked like?
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Just want to let you the Heroes episode 13 official thread have not been opened yet.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
              Just want to let you the Heroes episode 13 official thread have not been opened yet.
              Thanks for the heads up...will go take a look. Has the episode aired on the East Coast already?
              Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

aired yesterday, so it's fine to open
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  aired yesterday, so it's fine to open
                  thanks ..Done
                  Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
                    If it is your own post you are welcome to repost it

However it is a violation to repost another member's post somewhere else without their permission

Links are not in question and are not a violation.
                    Does it include the role play where one is making sure that there's a smooth transaction between threads?

Comment

Originally posted by SilverRider View Post
                      Does it include the role play where one is making sure that there's a smooth transaction between threads?
                      RPG is a bit different my friend ...there are some implied agreements going on within the games that require that some things be done that wouldn't be done on a normal discussion BB

SO if a post move/copy is required as part of game movement then it would be fine....

until that member of the game lost and then came to us to complain and then we would drag you out somewhere nameless .........

Comment

Please move this thread back to the STARGATE NEWS thread

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=62152

It does have Stargate DVR information in it.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                          Please move this thread back to the STARGATE NEWS thread

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=62152

It does have Stargate DVR information in it.
                          the posted news artical has nothing to do with Stargate news. I read it.
                          Proceeding posts have a bit to do with SGA and those are welcome to be cross posted into the relevant threads.

However, Stargate News is meant for just that Stargate News.

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
                            the posted news artical has nothing to do with Stargate news. I read it.
                            Proceeding posts have a bit to do with SGA and those are welcome to be cross posted into the relevant threads.

However, Stargate News is meant for just that Stargate News.
                            No problem.

Then would you please do likewise to the following threads as they follow the same news information – scifi but nothing on stargate.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=54206

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=61721

If these had been moved when first posted, I probably wouldn’t have followed suit and posted my post.

Comment

Were a bunch of the threads in the Identity episode folder moved?

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                                Were a bunch of the threads in the Identity episode folder moved?
                                a number were merged into the General Identity discussion thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X