Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good news! I found out how to get on the forum from my blackberry! I'm doing it now.
    sigpic
    ----DeviantArt----

Comment

if we delete a album from our profiles does it go to area in the hidden part of the forum to be permently deleted later???

i only ask cause i delete one a few days ago and didn't take out the pics i wanted to save and i was wondering if there was a way to retive it??
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Will there be a comment thread for the new Joe Flanigan interview on the home page?
        I want to SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
          Good news! I found out how to get on the forum from my blackberry! I'm doing it now.
          Congrats ! Thanks for letting us know it's possible.

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
          if we delete a album from our profiles does it go to area in the hidden part of the forum to be permently deleted later???

i only ask cause i delete one a few days ago and didn't take out the pics i wanted to save and i was wondering if there was a way to retive it??
          Sorry,PA,but I can't see any way to retrieve it on my control panel.

Originally posted by Lucylee View Post
          Will there be a comment thread for the new Joe Flanigan interview on the home page?
          I want to SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
          Just the interview on the Home Page ,so it looks like comments have to be posted here :
          http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=66648

There is now a thread in the Forum for your comments
          Last edited by TameFarrar; 19 May 2009, 06:59 AM. Reason: just adding information :-)
          The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
            C

Sorry,PA,but I can't see any way to retrieve it on my control panel.

aye aye i've been able to recover most of the pics thanks to fellow members but thanks for looking
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I have a question about the role playing threads.

They tend to set themselves up with their own rules and requirements for posting there. Are these really GW rules or just suggested guidelines for posting on their threads? Can they actually stop you from posting or not? Do you actually have to abide by their rules or not? In other words, are these threads open to any member of GW as long as they abide by GW rules or not or can they arbitrarily let one person in but not another?
              sigpic
              Siggie created by TP//Avatar by Draco-Stellaris

Comment

I'm not sure what the rules/guidelines are there. Technically they are not GW rules, but if one were to go into an RP thread and stir up trouble by interfering with their game or generally balking at the way they've set things up, the mods would intervene. It's more of a matter of courtesy to an established game.
                GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

I think this more a darren question and it got me confused enough to post it in the wrong thread too

anyhow ...now asking at the hopefully right place:

Just asking as I am getting increasingly confused. I was under the impression that the displayed advertisment comming from google were bringing some money via CPM (price per 1000 displays...which is small, but still money) as well as clicks

Now I am getting told only clicking them will bring darren any money for GW and I can block the ads anyway if I do not click them. Is that true?

sigpic

Comment

Was the Anti-S9 thread hidden?

I've searched multiple ways and cannot find it.

suse
                    sigpic
                    Mourning Sanctuary.
                    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

As far as I can tell, it's not hidden, so I'm not sure what happened to it.
                      sigpic

Comment

It's in the Stargate SG1 section.Page 14.The Pro S9 thread is there too,for anyone who wondered.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                          It's in the Stargate SG1 section.Page 14.The Pro S9 thread is there too,for anyone who wondered.
                          Thanks. Not sure why I couldn't find it. I used the same searches. Meh.

suse
                          sigpic
                          Mourning Sanctuary.
                          Thanks for the good times!

Comment

You're welcome !
                            I happened to remember who began those threads ,then lost the link in copy/paste so plodded through the section manually till I found the right page.

Comment

Just asking as I am getting increasingly confused. I was under the impression that the displayed advertisment comming from google were bringing some money via CPM (price per 1000 displays...which is small, but still money) as well as clicks

Now I am getting told only clicking them will bring darren any money for GW and I can block the ads anyway if I do not click them. Is that true?
                              Nope, that's not true.

Impressions earn GateWorld a little money; clicks earn a little bit more.

We also use two different advertising providers: Google Adsense and Gorilla Nation Media, our main ad inventory reps.
                              GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                              The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                              Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Question for Darren/Greg:

Is it possible to add a regex/rule to the forum that automagically transforms the [img ] tags into [url ] tags whenever they're quoted? It would help both the posters and the mods a lot as it would prevent image quoting.
                                Signed,

Gregorius
                                Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
                                Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Working...
                                X