This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darren
    In the future, I may make them totally oddball like "2,347" just to be sadistic with those who crave knowing when their promotion is coming.
    How about dropping it down to, like, 10, just for a day? In true sadistic fashion you can show people what they're missing and then snatch it away from them.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
      How about dropping it down to, like, 10, just for a day? In true sadistic fashion you can show people what they're missing and then snatch it away from them.
      Why doesnt he just change it to like 10,000!!!!
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

A Darren or David question: What the post count for a Custom avatar (I'm not posting just for a custom avatar, I post because I enjoy it), it's in the 2,000 post range, right?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
          A Darren or David question: What the post count for a Custom avatar (I'm not posting just for a custom avatar, I post because I enjoy it), it's in the 2,000 post range, right?
          For that matter, how much of a donation to gateworld.net would it take to get a custom avatar?
          "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

i'd have to agree.. the site has been stubborn today (well was when i was playin' on the forum this morn) im kinda shocked i didn't double post a few times... cuz it said 'posting reply' dear gods in heaven it was takin' ages

is there any time frame as to when the rep sys will be fixed... just curious....
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CKO
              i'd have to agree.. the site has been stubborn today (well was when i was playin' on the forum this morn) im kinda shocked i didn't double post a few times... cuz it said 'posting reply' dear gods in heaven it was takin' ages

is there any time frame as to when the rep sys will be fixed... just curious....
              Site stubbornness fixed. Apache 1.x doesnt like it when log files grow bigger than 2GB. Damn you Apache 1.x and your ****ness.

In other news, i'm on holidays now. Weeeeeeeeeeeeee

Comment

I'm still having trouble with the forum. I can access one thread, go back to the beginning after viewing, but get a time out when I try to access another thread. I'm even having my fingers crossed that this post will get through...
                sigpic

Comment

I'm still having major lag issues, timeouts, and all that fun stuff.

Plus, when I try to report a post, I can't tell if it goes through. I click on the send button and sit... and sit.... and sit... and the page never changes. Did it go through? Did it time out? I can't tell.

Comment

No reported posts have reached me today. I'm hoping it's cos everything in the garden's rosy...

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                      No reported posts have reached me today. I'm hoping it's cos everything in the garden's rosy...
                      I've tried to report three posts since last night, and gave up all three times and just PM'd/emailed someone about them. Like I said, it's faster. And now that I know things aren't getting through...

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
                        I have the ability so it isnt far off 2000

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
                          I'm still having trouble with the forum. I can access one thread, go back to the beginning after viewing, but get a time out when I try to access another thread. I'm even having my fingers crossed that this post will get through...
                          Having lag and timeout issues still. Especially since the last time you guys upgraded. Clicking on a thread link from the automated replies requires about a 5 minute wait before anything even starts loading.

Comment

Can we get a poll and thread asking if fans of Stargate prefer to be called GATEHEAD(S) or GATER(S)? I had assumed that GATEHEAD was preferred and opened an article on the Wiki before I considered that there were other possibilities.
                            "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

Not wanting to be a pain but do any of you folks know if the reputation issue is being looked into?

Comment

darren knows about it so i'm sure it is.

what could complicate things a bit is if the fix is beyond darren's skill/ability and greg is on holiday at the moment.

we may just have to deal with being rep-less for the time being
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X