X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi RiG... fancy seeing you here...
    (Look back a few posts...)

The Doctor and the Wild Man Thread... Keeping the dream alive.

Comment

Dear, very nice mod person,
      *insert grovelly emoticon here*
      Puh-lease FINALLY tell me how to change my user name. I'd let it drop, but it's become a bit of a quest - of the 'never give up, never surrender' ilk.
      I want to drop 'Boolsheet' and use - a new/old name of mine.
      How do I go about it?
      Or should I just start again?
      And become the artist formerly known as Boolsheet?
      And lose all my 'brownie points'?
      (Perhaps someone will tell me one day why I'm collecting them anyway.)
      :-D
      Thanks a bunch!
      sigpic

Comment

pm me
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fuchsia View Post
          Hi RiG... fancy seeing you here...
          (Look back a few posts...)
          Hi fuschia! Small world eh?
          sigpic
          Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by Boolsheet View Post
            Dear, very nice mod person,
            *insert grovelly emoticon here*
            Puh-lease FINALLY tell me how to change my user name. I'd let it drop, but it's become a bit of a quest - of the 'never give up, never surrender' ilk.
            I want to drop 'Boolsheet' and use - a new/old name of mine.
            How do I go about it?
            Or should I just start again?
            And become the artist formerly known as Boolsheet?
            And lose all my 'brownie points'?
            (Perhaps someone will tell me one day why I'm collecting them anyway.)
            Thanks a bunch!
            Please PM Skydiver and she can discuss it with you
            She has the Admin rights amongst the Moderators and will let you know if the change can be made
            Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Hi TameFarrar - thanks for getting back to me! Not being very tech/computer-savvy - what do I do to 'PM Skydiver'?
              yours,
              Clueless
              - another one of my names. One which I shall NOT be using.
              sigpic

Comment

go to
                my controls
                send a new message

and type in skydiver

then tell me why you want it changed and what you want it changed to

One thing to remmber, this is a one time only deal. so what you pick is what you got

sigpic

Comment

Thanks, Skydiver! And - fair enough. :-D
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by greytop View Post
                    Out of curosity, when can we stop using spoilers for DVD movies?
                    check back after they air on skiffy in the next few months

sigpic

Comment

I got a question. lately I'm finding when I go from one thread to another thread it takes a least 10 seconds to download a page. I have high speed internet. It use to take 3 second to go from one page to another page. Is it because there is more traffic in GW? or is GW slowing down. I get a bit frustrated especially when I play in the games thread. Or, are there other factors involving a slow download?

LS

Comment

I have a question. I would look through this thread, but it is 350 plus pages and honestly, I don't have the patience to sift through all of that.

Why is it when I post a message it needs to be approved before it shows up?
                        Spins and turns, angles and curves, the shape of dreams half remembered. Slip the surly bonds of Earth and touch the face of perfection. A perfect face, a perfect lace, find a perfect world for the end of Kara Thrace.
                        End of line.

Comment

Originally posted by LiquidSky View Post
                          I got a question. lately I'm finding when I go from one thread to another thread it takes a least 10 seconds to download a page. I have high speed internet. It use to take 3 second to go from one page to another page. Is it because there is more traffic in GW? or is GW slowing down. I get a bit frustrated especially when I play in the games thread. Or, are there other factors involving a slow download?

LS
                          As has been being discussed on the last two pages
                          we are aware there is apparently a slowness issue for *some* members however it is not affecting everyone so it is going to take a bit to troubleshoot
                          Originally posted by bfldworker View Post
                          I have a question. I would look through this thread, but it is 350 plus pages and honestly, I don't have the patience to sift through all of that.

Why is it when I post a message it needs to be approved before it shows up?
                          This answer is also in the FAQ

All new members are on a *Probationary* status for a undisclosed amount of time due to some recent obscene spamming and ad spamming

The Moderators are pretty fast about approving posts however some threads just move really fast and we do have real lives as well

So just keep posting and we will approve them if they are legitimate posts and we are requesting *Early Status Upgrades* if we feel the new member warrants it
                          Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

........Another one of those 'questionaires' popped up asking about subwoofers. This occurred between the GW homepage and the Forum page.

Comment

Some help on the troubleshooting of the slowness of GW (and it takes me alot longer than 10 sec to load a page - up to 30 sec or more) - look at your Javascript.

I was getting fed up with trying to use the site this past week and was about to quit for a few days, so before I did some investigating of my own and tried turning off and on various options on GW and my browser. Also tried Firefox and IE (I use Netscape 7.2) and it was just as slow on those. Nothing made a difference until I unchecked use Javascript in my browser settings. Then GW works like lightning - faster than I've ever seen it. Checked the javascript box and GW turns to molasses. Now before you say it's my computer - I checked other sites and while there is a difference in functionality (mainly youtube videos don't work ), they are not slow to load when javascript is turned on.

I wasn't sure if I should post this here or pm Greg or Darren directly since I've never contacted them before.

Edit: a nice side effect I just noticed from having the javascript turned off (at least in Netscape 7.2) absolutely no ads anywhere on the page. So maybe they are the problem after all.
                              Last edited by Thunderstorm; 02 October 2008, 04:47 PM.
                              sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

i can confirm

ie,aol,firefox,and safari all show huge speed change with Javascript off
                                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                                X