This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
    There's no way that I know of to do it all at once, you'd have to do it post by post.
    Oh dear... Thanks anyway. As I said, just curious.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

As to deleting posts

I'm not sure what the average user has access to but try this

go to your profile and statistics and do you see a 'find all posts by' option?
      see what that does. it might bring up a list of your latest posts, newest first, and then MAYBE you can mass delete them...but i'm not sure. it might be a mod only thing

and, before you ask, the mods don't delete folks' posts for them unless they're breaking the rules. It's something you'd need to do.
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Is there any chance of lovingly requested a thread to be temporarily sticked for about a week, providing it's in a good cause as it were?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

maybe

need more details for a more concrete answer

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            As to deleting posts

I'm not sure what the average user has access to but try this

go to your profile and statistics and do you see a 'find all posts by' option?
            see what that does. it might bring up a list of your latest posts, newest first, and then MAYBE you can mass delete them...but i'm not sure. it might be a mod only thing
            I'll have a looksie - since I'm a regular user I can provide an answer to that.

Edit: Nope, if one wants to delete all their posts, manually and one-by-one.

Thanks for the answers and suggestions though.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              maybe

need more details for a more concrete answer
              Basically this thread here:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=48566

Which due to it's importance and relevance, particularly in today's climate, I think it would be a good think to have kept at the top till november 12th. As it's honour of those who have died. I understand if you don't agree, but I thought it best to try.

Thanks

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Okay I have a huge problem. I cannot see anyones profile page if they have it "decorated". I can see mine just fine...but everyone elses is just blue default!
                I have not checked or unchecked anything. I went to eat and came back and it was just.....gone.....
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mrscopterdoc View Post
                  Okay I have a huge problem. I cannot see anyones profile page if they have it "decorated". I can see mine just fine...but everyone elses is just blue default!
                  I have not checked or unchecked anything. I went to eat and came back and it was just.....gone.....
                  you may want to try logging out and logging back in
                  OR clearing your cache and then doing that.

Sometimes it is just a Browser glitch for the moment and goes away on its own OR it could be for some reason your computer has decided that its upper memory is done processing all the added info. Since it isn't a Forum wide issue, at this time the best option if for you to ensure that your computer is running at optimal

and reverify that nothing got accidentally clicked

ETA: another member has created a nice pictorial for you to check your profile settings. I will forward that on to you
                  Last edited by TameFarrar; 08 November 2008, 07:46 PM.
                  Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
                    you may want to try logging out and logging back in
                    OR clearing your cache and then doing that.

Sometimes it is just a Browser glitch for the moment and goes away on its own OR it could be for some reason your computer has decided that its upper memory is done processing all the added info. Since it isn't a Forum wide issue, at this time the best option if for you to ensure that your computer is running at optimal

and reverify that nothing got accidentally clicked

ETA: another member has created a nice pictorial for you to check your profile settings. I will forward that on to you
                    Not sure what hubby did but he finally got it fixed for me. Thank you for the help and thanks to Pharaoh Atem for the great graphic help!
                    sigpic

Comment

There's a new Thread just opened in the Fandom section called " New Legends Memorabilia Auction "
                      I was wondering if these were Real Star Gate Things that are for sale , and if it was linked to S G , and if not , could you recommend a site . Thank You . Padraig . . .
                      CRAZY IRISH GUY :

Puddle Jumper Pilot- Sheppard - Asmir
                      Scientist - McKay - Shirt n' Tie
                      Scientist - Zalenka- Bar
                      Cook and able body - Ronon - Master Bray Tack .
                      Crazy Irish Guy Was Here .

Spoiler:
                      Are we Geeks or Nerds

Comment

if it's Legends memorbilia, then it's real

Paul Brown runs it and it's a legit company

sigpic

Comment

I'd like to ask why the title of my thread was changed.

(This one)

Some mod changed the title without even bothering to leave their name behind for me to know who did it. Is it because the word "penis" was in the title? Is it a no-no here on Gateworld?

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
                            I'd like to ask why the title of my thread was changed.

(This one)

Some mod changed the title without even bothering to leave their name behind for me to know who did it. Is it because the word "penis" was in the title? Is it a no-no here on Gateworld?
                            I am not the one who changed it, however we are discussing it at the moment We do realize that that is the clinical term for that part of male anatomy and it is in no way derogatory.

One thing to just think about is that we have some members who take juvenile pleasure in posting off topic in a thread using the thread title as their reason for the post and claiming they were innocent bystanders that thought that was what the thread was about This among other things is being weighed against the need to utilize one particular word in a title.

Also please keep in mind the Moderators do not have to leave behind any notice of changes made as is stated in the Forum guidelines. That we do so is out of courtesy.
                            Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Hi, just wondering if there's a list anywhere of all the GW members?

sigpic

Comment

One thing to just think about is that we have some members who take juvenile pleasure in posting off topic in a thread using the thread title as their reason for the post and claiming they were innocent bystanders that thought that was what the thread was about This among other things is being weighed against the need to utilize one particular word in a title.
                                Anyone doing that would be eligible for punishment as they'd show that they had not even bothered to read the original post before posting (thus, they didn't even bother to check what the thread is about). The OP is perfectly "non-immature".

If the thread ends up not using the word, penis, could the title be changed to:
                                "Can John Sheppard stop thinking with his libido already?"

Also please keep in mind the Moderators do not have to leave behind any notice of changes made as is stated in the Forum guidelines. That we do so is out of courtesy.
                                No, I meant that usually when a post is edited by a mod, it says "Last edited by *insert mod name here*". I guess that's only for when the post itself is edited, not the thread title?

Comment

Working...
                                X