Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could you provide a link to both threads please so we can review both to see if they merit a merge and you can use the *report post* function to do this
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

GW is soooooooo sloooooooooooow today. Any idea why?
      sigpic
      Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
        GW is soooooooo sloooooooooooow today. Any idea why?
        According to Greg we are having some coding conflicts that are putting some strain on the servers and causing major slow downs.

He is looking into the best way to fix the problem rather than slapping a band-aid on it
        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

I don't know if this helps but when I was trying to get on earlier (about 1 1/2 hours ago) - I kept getting 'Internal Server Error' message.
          sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Thanks..I am leaving this answer so Greg can have the information..

However I do want to remind folks that this is a thread for Moderator Answers ONLY and if you have something to add you can PM us or the person asking the questions
            Last edited by TameFarrar; 23 June 2008, 12:58 PM.

Comment

So...about Search and Rescue; have the mods and/or Darren talked about opening an episode-specific folder for all S&R-related threads yet? I'm asking since you guys did that when Adrift, Lifeline, and Doppleganger were leaked early last year, and the former two weren't even finished versions.

Comment

We didn't do it for leaked episode, if memory serves, but for those that fans could obtain legally ("Doppelganger").

We don't want to support illegal downloading (as much as we all want to see the episode now rather than later), so please limit "Search and Rescue" discussion to the one existing thread. The official folder will be opened on July 11.
                GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

No...I'm pretty certain folders were opened for Adrift and Lifeline as well, and they were illegally leaked. Whats more, Doppleganger was only legal for a few hours on iTunes, after which...well, it wasn't.

My memory could be faulty, of course.

EDIT: Hmmm...nevermind, I think you're right.

Comment

OFFICIAL threads were only opened early for the eps that ITunes messed up on and leaked early.

If the early downloads come from legal sources we'll 'acknowledge' them with an official thread. If they come illegally, folks are on their own until the official thread opens.
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Is there a limit of how many visitor messages you can have?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mrscopterdoc View Post
                        Is there a limit of how many visitor messages you can have?
                        I don't know if we have run into that yet

But we can check with the VB resources and get back to you on that ..If you are finding that you can't leave a message for someone or they can't leave a message for you I would suggest deleting some

Comment

No problems, I was just curious.
                          Thanks!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
                            I don't know if we have run into that yet

But we can check with the VB resources and get back to you on that ..If you are finding that you can't leave a message for someone or they can't leave a message for you I would suggest deleting some
                            I tried to delete some messages, but all it would let me do is a "soft delete." I now have notes in those spaces instead which say I deleted the message. Isn't there a way to make them go away like when I delete a PM?
                            sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                            May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                              I tried to delete some messages, but all it would let me do is a "soft delete." I now have notes in those spaces instead which say I deleted the message. Isn't there a way to make them go away like when I delete a PM?
                              The only way is to ask a Moderator to do a full delete

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
                                The only way is to ask a Moderator to do a full delete
                                Why is that? If they're "our" messages shouldn't we be able to hard delete them ourselves?

Comment

Working...
                                X