This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
    Who's "we"? I'll be making the thread! Muahaha!

*is brick'd*

Ahem...sorry.

Seriously though, I'm talking about a thread like the others I've started; basically a "generic" one where I and others can put general 100th episode info when they come out.
    we is the Staff here

but for now I don't see why you shouldn't start the thread..if I get over ruled you will know soon enough ...the thread will be gone or merge
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

I'm wondering when we're not required to put spoiler tags on AoT spoilers.
      Nothing is permanent in this wicked world. Not even our troubles.

Spoiler:
      Originally posted by ebethman
      Look to the last page to find one of those strange little posts that no one sees at the end of a page. They are a strange creature. Denied attention from other posts they banned together. By day they are simple, unassuming posts. By night, they solve crime. One of them is called frank. He likes marbles. He has twelve of them. Each has it's own unique binary code which is related to several characteristics. Size. Colour. Public speaking ability....
      Originally posted by Bray
      *Bray wins*

Sorry RM....Game OVER!

And eBeth....you're weird

Comment

Originally posted by ebethman View Post
        heh i was going to ask that i mean, it's out on dvd in most places now, if you haven't seen it yet, why not? is there anywhere that it's not available on DVD yet? (i.e. R2 came out recently, is R4 out yet?)
        Spoiler:
        Disclaimer:
        I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
        Quotes!
        - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
        - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
        - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ebethman View Post
          Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
          heh i was going to ask that i mean, it's out on dvd in most places now, if you haven't seen it yet, why not? is there anywhere that it's not available on DVD yet? (i.e. R2 came out recently, is R4 out yet?)
          I am not sure
          I will make sure to ask Darren though and either he or one of us will be sure to post it here. Until then keep using those tags
          Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
            I am not sure
            I will make sure to ask Darren though and either he or one of us will be sure to post it here. Until then keep using those tags
            that's just great now we need an ask darren thread for asking all the stuff the mods dont know
            Spoiler:
            Disclaimer:
            I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
            Quotes!
            - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
            sigpic

Comment

that's just great now we need an ask darren thread for asking all the stuff the mods dont know
              Nope..we have that in *Our* area of the forum...so we do the work for you

Comment

I am not sure
                We have an answer on the spoiler tag usage for Ark of Truth.

Per Darren - "For the forseeable future." We want to maximize the percentage of people on the forum who have seen it, which I think may need to include an eventual U.S. television broadcast.

So until further notice spoiler tags should be used until the US TV broadcast.

Comment

We have an answer on the spoiler tag usage for Ark of Truth.

Per Darren - "For the forseeable future." We want to maximize the percentage of people on the forum who have seen it, which I think may need to include an eventual U.S. television broadcast.

So until further notice spoiler tags should be used until the US TV broadcast.
                  ok thanks although why anybody hasn't seen it yet. we can only guess that they may make their home under a rock.
                  Spoiler:
                  Disclaimer:
                  Quotes!
                  sigpic

Comment

Is there any chance you guys could emphasize in the RULES that there is a minimum of decency required when posting? It seems there is a growing epidemic on the board ...illiteracy. As I said in one of the topics, this board has members from all over the world. Not everyone is familiar with 50 cent English and it makes it very difficult for people who do not understand jargon and so on and so forth. It takes 5 times for some to actually understand what the poster wants to say. This is a big {snip] you to most of the members because by writing this way you do not show respect. I have seen tons of topics where people said in our face, after they were corrected, that they are young, can't spell and don't care. This is not something to be proud of and If you can't spell and use punctuation then stop listening to 50 cent and read a book. If I take the effort to finish my sentences and add punctuation in order to help my reader, basically I show respect, I expect the same...to a certain extent.

Regards,
                    Teggy, pissed off member .
                    Last edited by TameFarrar; 02 May 2008, 06:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                      Is there any chance you guys could emphasize in the RULES that there is a minimum of decency required when posting? It seems there is a growing epidemic on the board ...illiteracy. As I said in one of the topics, this board has members from all over the world. Not everyone is familiar with 50 cent English and it makes it very difficult for people who do not understand jargon and so on and so forth. It takes 5 times for some to actually understand what the poster wants to say. This is a big {snip] you to most of the members because by writing this way you do not show respect. I have seen tons of topics where people said in our face, after they were corrected, that they are young, can't spell and don't care. This is not something to be proud of and If you can't spell and use punctuation then stop listening to 50 cent and read a book. If I take the effort to finish my sentences and add punctuation in order to help my reader, basically I show respect, I expect the same...to a certain extent.

Regards,
                      Teggy, pissed off member .
                      Well while I can understand your frustration that another does not take the same time as you to write a grammatically correct post, it is not a rule here.

I would agree with you that if a member would like their opinion to be viewed in a serious light they should take the time to stop and review the spelling, the grammar and the punctuation. But again this is not a rule here.

Unfortunately, this avenue of respect is a personal one. I too see taking the time to address others in a clear and concise manner as respectful. However, that is only my opinion.

Since we do have a multitude of members that are using translation programs that do not translate perfectly we will see errors and missteps. I believe we all need to make allowances for that.

If you are reading a post and the member is stating blatantly that they are posting in the manner they are in order to be disrespectful, then by all means report the post. Blatant disrespect is a violation. Otherwise, the best thing I can suggest is that you scroll past them or ignore them as usually they are posting in this manner to get the very reaction you are having.

Comment

Folks
                        While we appreciate that you want to support fellow members or just voice an opinion. The Ask the Mods thread is not the place to do it

Please as much as we hate doing it we will delete all posts that are not a question.

Thanks
                        TameFarrar

Comment

My question is two part:

1.) I have loaded a sig. But do not know how to put it in a reply.

2.) Moderators. Do you become a Moderator?
                          Or are you predetermined somehow?

And for my own convenience could someone answer this in a PM, if its not too much trouble.
                          sigpic
                          Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign

Comment

Originally posted by Arcturus8 View Post
                            My question is two part:

1.) I have loaded a sig. But do not know how to put it in a reply.

2.) Moderators. Do you become a Moderator?
                            Or are you predetermined somehow?

And for my own convenience could someone answer this in a PM, if its not too much trouble.
                            Your questions have been answered in PM - if you do not have it set up for an email notification or a pop up please check there now

Comment

ok thanks although why anybody hasn't seen it yet. we can only guess that they may make their home under a rock.
                              First, a non-question... many of us in other parts of the world haven't seen it yet because we don't get SG1 on TV so we have to work our way through the DVDs of the series before we can get to AoT. We appreciate the spoiler tags!

And a question - since the outage last night I haven't been getting any thread reply notification emails - is this just me or are other people having this problem?
                              sigpic

Comment

Dear Mods,

Could you please delete this thread?

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....02&postcount=1

I'm not sure how I did this, but I created a duplicate of this topic at the same time. The thread above, however, is blank.

Ack! Ten lashes with a wet noodle.

Thank you for your assistance.

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                                SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                                Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X