X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tombombadail View Post
    how are the mods feeling today?
    We are feeling fine

You can ask us how we feel pretty much daily over in either the *Interview the Mods* thread...or *Who is your favorite Mod* thread and we will be happy to fill you in on any and all questions...

However THIS thread is for Asking the Mods...Forum Related questions not the personal ones

K? K thanks
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Ok mods, it's that time of the year again; the time when "When Will Season (whatever) air?" threads are started every other day.

Any chance we can get a sticky thread saying that all we know so far is that it'll premier in the summer?

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
        Ok mods, it's that time of the year again; the time when "When Will Season (whatever) air?" threads are started every other day.

Any chance we can get a sticky thread saying that all we know so far is that it'll premier in the summer?
        Are you asking for SGA specifically or just shows in general???
        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Oh, right. Atlantis, most definitely.

Sorry about that.

Comment

Ok done

Comment

Hi!
              I'd like to know the correct/best way to add pictures to your post.
              If you have a pic in 'my pictures' on your pc, how can you transfer it to the page?
              I tried it via 'add attachments' but it came out really small and pathetic... which is, coincidentally, how I am feeling, as I am a self-confessed computer idiot.
              Please help!?

The Doctor and the Wild Man Thread... Keeping the dream alive.

Comment

I haven't a clue, sorry. I had to be taught to google pictures by my seven-year-old.

The other mods probably know, but I would recommend you pop into the "members helping members" thread where you're bound to find someone who knows, and because there are more members than mods you might get a faster answer. (Sensible answer, that is, not just some clueless person posting that they haven't a clue )

Madeleine

Comment

i'm sure there are detailed 'how to' in the members helping members thread, but generally, you need to upload the photos to an external source, like photobucket, then link to the photo from your post

as you line, please be aware of hte limits we have. no in line photo is to be wider than 700 pixels and needs to be around 50K in file size. nothing bogs the server down more than a lot of big photos in a single thread
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

can i use this as a sig?
                    Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tombombadail View Post
                      can i use this as a sig?
                      'fraid not.

Besides being obscenely irritating , it violates GW's sig filesize limit by over 100 kilobytes.
                      Last edited by Major Tyler; 16 March 2008, 04:38 PM.
                      Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

actually it's 157K and 210 pixels....which are both over the limit

you have 50K and 200 pixels in height to play with

sigpic

Comment

Annoying adware is back. It happened againg today.

I was able to make a screencap.

Stolen Kosovo
                          sigpic

Comment

I got the exact same screen as g.o.d. when I clicked on "MY Controls' at the top of the page. There was no ads on the Forum banner which could have bled over.
                            sigpic

Comment

About the site automatically censoring posts ... where is the limit? Because I got something that I wrote that didn't seem especially offensive replaced by asterisks. But obviously others see it as offensive.

Comment

that is probably our language filter. And it tries, but there's some glitches...such as the country that rhyms with tiger

since we are an international community we TRY to filter out the more commonly offensive words across several versions of english....and cultural differences sometimes mean that a rude word in one country is nothing specia in another

as to the ad, please folks, post that in the 'problems with gateworld ads' thread. that way issues are all in one tidy little place

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X